Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Spam begone! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 07Dec2011 at 7:23am
veeko33 has been removed
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 13Dec2011 at 9:21pm
collin2 gone
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 20Dec2011 at 10:39pm
waiting on a post from monclsvsi to ban the IP before I delete the account
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 29Dec2011 at 12:32am
yipeng024 thought this would be a good place to post spam.  I have corrected that thought.
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 26Feb2012 at 10:18am
Well, I went on vacation for a week and the spammers gave me a break and didn't post their crap while I was gone.  Thanks spammers!
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 26Feb2012 at 5:15pm
The ones I noticed where like Asians from NY based on username and spam content. Maybe Lin has them reading the boards instead of spamming for money. Anyway glad you had a good vacation idchafee.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 08Mar2012 at 6:04am
    idchafee, I was wondering if people have to log in to read the forum. If they are not posting it seems a waste. Of a lot a interest to people with out all the hassle of signing up. Maybe revenue reasons to require? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 11Mar2012 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

idchafee, I was wondering if people have to log in to read the forum. If they are not posting it seems a waste. Of a lot a interest to people with out all the hassle of signing up. Maybe revenue reasons to require? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I believe that to read THIS forum that yes, they have to log on.  To read the others, I'm not sure.

On a related note, there have been several obvious spammers that have signed up lately but not posted.  I have held off deleting their accounts until they post.  If they post, I can grab their IP address and ban the address, which will make it harder for them to sign up with another name.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 11Mar2012 at 7:51pm
   I forgot about spam. But if people weren't signed up they couldn't post or be tempted to. If the team image is the reason for limited viewing. I would do the democratic thing and let the random stuff appear but correct it so as to not let false slander. Not censorship but a counterpoint reply. Our differences make us stronger in the democracy of ideas and eventually accuracy should prevail.
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 11Mar2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

I forgot about spam. But if people weren't signed up they couldn't post or be tempted to. If the team image is the reason for limited viewing. I would do the democratic thing and let the random stuff appear but correct it so as to not let false slander. Not censorship but a counterpoint reply. Our differences make us stronger in the democracy of ideas and eventually accuracy should prevail.

As far as I'm aware, the only stuff that was ever moderated by the team was stuff that could have potentially ended up in court.  I have never edited anything other than spam.

I think the reason for making you log in to view is that some of the more basic bots don't create logins, they just post as Guest
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version