Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Sky Website Post Reply Post New Topic
fanbetty

Online Status: Offline
Quote fanbetty Replybullet Topic: Sky Website
    Posted: 09Jun2012 at 10:40am
After the absolute excitement of last night, I looked forward to, this morning, reading all about the great victory.  I checked the Sun-Times, Trib and Daily Herald.  I learned, mostly thru a good story in the Trib, that the Sky set a team record for turnovers (no shock if you watched the game), Prince tied a WNBA record with over 30 points in 3 consecutive games, Syl tied her high for rebounds and more.  Then, I checked the Sky site for some in depth insight and more into the most exciting finish I can remember. 
What did I find?
1) An AP story that was written by someone who probably couldn't wait to get out of the building and get home
2) That Sylvia met Charles Tilmon of the Bears
3) It was girl scout night last night
4) Anti-Bullying night is coming up
If this was the Bulls, the Bears, the Cubs, the Sox or any team that really cared about their fans, we would have seen:
1) Video of Prince's game tying shot and other highlights
2) Post game quotes from the coaches and players, maybe even video of the press conference I'm sure they had (the pre-game notes weren't even posted by the time the game ended)
3) Printed game highlights, stat info, etc
4) Info on the upcomming game Sunday and team comparisons.  Probably discussion on the history between the 2 teams and maybe even highlights.
5) Info on the next home game- considering the fact that they just had a dramatic win and if they had a website worth looking at- this would be a blatant selling tool to get people to want to come to this game.

Any business that is successful will tell you that their website is the first line of promotion, making them look good, encouraging people to return to the site to see what else is there, encouraging people to buy their product (game tickets).  The Sky site suugessts they either don't care or are totally lost. 

The only good I can think of regarding my desire to re-live the game is that at least I was there and saw it in person and more importantly did not have to listen to our horrendous announcers!
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 09Jun2012 at 5:38pm
    The crowd looked bigger last night. Pokey had children next to her during the game so I imagine she cut the language way back. The Sky website is standardized with WNBA.com so that puts some limits. I understand their lower budget compared to the NBA. But if fans could do some of the collage for sections. fanbetty would of practically had most the work done already.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version