Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: We need a Grunt... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 26Jun2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I expected Swin Cash to be more of a force than she has been. I am wondering if she is starting on the downside of her career. Riley has done better than I thought she would, I underestimated her in the past.

I do not see Syl playing PF. She will always be the Center. I am taking half a vacation day tomorrow to go to the Indiana game. We HAVE to beat Indiana. If we can't find a way to beat them there is no use going to the playoffs. Cash and Young need to step up and Petrovic needs more minutes on the floor - she is good.

Actually Maven there were several times in the Lynx game where Syl played PF and Riley was inside. It's not so much that she's "a PF" per se' but it's a matter of shifting the offense and making the defense adjust.

She's simply a center playing PF. Like last year when Pokey used Syl and Swords...she listed them both as centers but Syl played from the PF spot because she's abetter defender.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 26Jun2012 at 10:55am
Originally posted by brit479

Devereaux Peters would've been great. She's doing pretty good with Minnesota. Too bad we traded our pick for Swin. Pokey is just going to have to really lock in this off season and get a strong PF that can bang down low and compliment Syl. Because getting these has been centers like Snow and Riley ain't cutting it.

I had my eye on Peters and Glory Johnson had The Sky kept that 1st round pick.

I thought pre draft that Peters was way too low on the board predictions and obviously The Lynx thought so too. Peters is a good fit for them because they needed more physical players and with the likes of Augustus & Moore it's a great situation for Peters. She'll only get better.

Glory Johnson is impressive too with Tulsa. When Tulsa gets Cambage back they'll make some noise.

The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 26Jun2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by lilsmoothfan

Tonette I'M the "grunt". See you Wednesday.

That's exciting. See you then, it's gonna be a noise filled afternoon
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 26Jun2012 at 10:07pm
    This year started off amazing compared to last year. Pins[Penicheiro] coaching help and other improvements were very good. Hard to second guess these decisions.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 14Oct2012 at 6:39pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 13Oct2012 at 9:58pm
I just found out that this year was the last year of Pokey's contract. Alter and her are working on a extention right now. Alter should demand that Pokey brings in the right type of players in 2013 that will help this team make the playoffs in 2013. Alter should also demand that she change her assistant coaches. Our Sky team has been the Turnover Queens the past two seasons. Pokey must hire coaches that are strong at designing great offensive tactics so they will not continue to be the turnover queens next season.

Edited by Swish - 13Oct2012 at 9:58pm

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 14Oct2012 at 6:47pm
    I watched a Gonzaga womens intramural game and the players when surrounded went into the blinders of confusion that Sloot was so prone to do. There must be some way of mental hypnosis to train a player to calm down. Identify where all people are. Which side those people are on. And how to tennis lob, bounce pass, or take and dribble drive to get past it all. Other than this particular heraldry of a failing. The women looked like they're going to have a good year.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 15Oct2012 at 11:26am
J2 Your expanse of expertise continues to overwhelm, if not impress, me. You are able to observe an initial "intersquad" game and analyze a principle shortcoming as well as point out the passing deficiencies attributed to Sloot. I am amazed that she was able to set a new Sky assist record her Rookie year and then come along this year and increase it by 20% while not having had your direct input . Think what progress the Sky could make if you were only available to hold some clinics for them. But with only 26 years of NCAA BB officiating what do I know. I will share your post with Coach Graves at our next coffee session as we always appreciate good jokes.

Edited by P51D - 15Oct2012 at 11:28am
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 15Oct2012 at 3:40pm
I should not LOL but too late. LOL
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 16Oct2012 at 12:33pm
     "that Sloot WAS so prone to do" she is way better now. Don't tell me you didn't see the surround and struggle problem with the freshmen. I really think these are quick fix problems all my criticisms are constructive in the hopes that the problems do get fixed. Everyone of these players should be developed like a 1st string player. Giving a very deep bench. Going off the luck of particular plays to pick the winners and losers in the position on team fight. Misses that luck is a major part of individual plays. And all these players can develop tremendously. Plus a deep bench will be the coaches reward.   edit It wasn't the amount of assists by Sloot that was the problem If any thing she did too many because she was timid of her own shot. Mental confidence and she has a deadly shot now. Development.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 16Oct2012 at 4:44pm
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 16Oct2012 at 11:48pm
Has everyone seen Larkins ballin her a(bleep) off for Indy? She is Prime example A on what a Grunt plays like. Hustles all the time. I want the Sky to find at least one player like her.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version