Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: We need a Grunt... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 17Oct2012 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Swish

Has everyone seen Larkins ballin her a(bleep) off for Indy? She is Prime example A on what a Grunt plays like. Hustles all the time. I want the Sky to find at least one player like her.

Yep! It took her a little while to develop but she has arrived...which is why I stress patience with young talent.

They just don't all arrive at the same time..so you allow a player to grow.

This is why when it comes to Sloot I think next year The Sky will have one of the best backcourts in the league in Sloot and Prince. About mid season Sloot came on strong and played well down the stretch.

I think she's ready when the 2013 season opens. Thumbs%20Up
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 18Oct2012 at 1:28pm
    I think a plan that would of helped Sloot get going sooner would be a minimum try count and a maximum try count for shots. Players need to warm up, determine how their body is doing that day, and get a feel for the defense of the particular team. Before switching shooters or even placement on the floor a shooter ought to have 3 miss chances but take no more than 4 tries. If after 4 the player still can't make it change the range or change the shooter. Coaches pull players too soon when they are warming up. And coaches say "the right player was taking the shots" after game losing cold streaks. This sweet spot of shot count approach would of helped Sloot and any young player. Last year(2 seasons ago) EP would carry the whole offense but get tired, then a LONG string of missed shots would lose the game. Players get tired and have other reasons for "off" days. That's where the maximum amount of tries rule helps.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 18Oct2012 at 1:46pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 18Oct2012 at 2:59pm
Actually Jimmy, what I believe hurt Sloot is she was forced into action before she was really ready.

If you flashback to her first year Canty was the starter at PG and she got hurt. Sloot ws forced into action as PG and she started out well...but as teams quickly adjusted Sloot didn't have the maturity to adjust and both Sloot and EP were mentally exhausted by the years end. Pokey had to resort to using Thorn at PG as both EP and Sloot were reduced to coming off the bench. That was a very smart move by Pokey because she perceived that she needed to protect the confidence of both players.

Well here we are now and EP has blossomed. Ittook Sloot a little longer but she's come into her own.

Now we need to let them grow together as a veteran duo!!!

The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 23Oct2012 at 12:01am
After watching the WNBA Finals I know that Chicago can find some players overseas that are hungry to play in the WNBA. There must be some players over there that just need an opportunity to show what they can do. I would be totally disgusted with the Sky if Riley and Willingham are still on the roster next year. I would add Swords to this group but she is still young so I am giving her a pass. But next year she MUST step up her game or she has to go!

Edited by Swish - 23Oct2012 at 12:04am

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 23Oct2012 at 2:37am
   Riley had a bad year. I think if she hit the heavy weights she could bulk up. But maybe her calling is for something else in life. Willingham got better as the year progressed and should be judged off how she was doing toward the end.   Swords did great when she was given the opportunity. A lot of times our team just didn't feed her due to unfamiliarity with her value. Swords would be a highly regrettable loss. Worse than other players we now long for due to their development.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 03Nov2012 at 8:57pm
   P51D, I paid to get the Gonzaga sports channel and had a chance to see the highlights and interview of the exhibition game. Sure the channel will have full games later. On the radio it sounded to be an excellent game. Only thing that stands out from WNBA lately is the great defenders have developed a steal the ball or at least make a miss WITHOUT getting called for a foul. The next frontier in improvement. Heard that fielding 15 players on the court would not be practical. All but one scored and they all hassled. The WNBA has been subbing in groups of players to keep a well rested team. This 15 player plan could work beautifully.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version