Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Advisors for Sky Ownership? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 10:50am
I think Pokey needs to look to get an Asst Coach with an offensive mind to help her with that, Pokey's Forte is defense...her offense I think needs work.

The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 6:28pm
The Mystics fired Trudi Lacey....I'm wondering how safe Pokey job is. Two failed seasons...we won't know until we hear after season interviews (speculation). She might get a pass because of injuries but the Sky had plenty of opportunities. Their offense was pretty awful all season until the end when players decided to step up. If Pokey get her third year she should be put in the hot seat and I'm talking about review her in the first 10 games of the season if not living up to expectations cut loose in the middle of the season. Winning culture needs to start immediately, or this franchise is in danger.

Edited by brit479 - 24Sep2012 at 6:31pm
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 8:11pm
I think Pokey is safe...period. She lost EP through the mid-season and then lost Syl towards the end.

However, I think next year she's on thin ice...so she has to draft well and bring in good talent for next year.

I say again that the best thing she can do is bring in a good offensive assistant to help her.
IP IP Logged
lilsmoothfan

Quote lilsmoothfan Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 9:02pm
She'll be back.
The Unsung Hero: From A Dream to the Sky
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by lilsmoothfan

She'll be back.

Agreed
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 11:42pm
Michael Alter must insist that Pokey hires a coach that is great at teaching offensive execution and tactics. Two years in the row the Sky were the Turnover Queens of the WNBA. That is totally unacceptable! This must change. If she is unwilling to hire a better offensive coach to help her then she should be fired.

IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 25Sep2012 at 2:17am
Originally posted by Swish

Michael Alter must insist that Pokey hires a coach that is great at teaching offensive execution and tactics. Two years in the row the Sky were the Turnover Queens of the WNBA. That is totally unacceptable! This must change. If she is unwilling to hire a better offensive coach to help her then she should be fired.

Agree
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 25Sep2012 at 10:41am
Sorry-
Not good enough.  She is still learning...enough said.  She has made horrible personnel decisions, there are no free agents banging down the Sky doors to play for her, her poor offensive strategy almost killed Sylvia this year and led to us having over 600 turnovers.  We are the 1st team in league history to miss the playoffs 7 straight years.  That's not all her fault, but she was brought in to turn it around and she did exactly what her predecessor did- lose.  Year 1 she tormented the players into losing confidence, year 2 she screwed up the team with bad personnel moves and lack of a viable strategy until the injuries hit and we could not compete.  We should have been comfortably in the playoffs by the Olympic break.  She mismanaged players (Swords, Shay) and seemed to have no grasp of how to turn things around.  And now, she is abandoning the team to go back to Europe.  No other WNBA coach or GM is over there.  Our coach should be in Chicago during the off-season promoting the team and our GM should be working on nothing but how to get better players and improve the team.  You don't do either by going off to Russia and involving yourself in another franchise.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 25Sep2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by fanbetty

Sorry-
Not good enough.  She is still learning...enough said.  She has made horrible personnel decisions, there are no free agents banging down the Sky doors to play for her, her poor offensive strategy almost killed Sylvia this year and led to us having over 600 turnovers.  We are the 1st team in league history to miss the playoffs 7 straight years.  That's not all her fault, but she was brought in to turn it around and she did exactly what her predecessor did- lose.  Year 1 she tormented the players into losing confidence, year 2 she screwed up the team with bad personnel moves and lack of a viable strategy until the injuries hit and we could not compete.  We should have been comfortably in the playoffs by the Olympic break.  She mismanaged players (Swords, Shay) and seemed to have no grasp of how to turn things around.  And now, she is abandoning the team to go back to Europe.  No other WNBA coach or GM is over there.  Our coach should be in Chicago during the off-season promoting the team and our GM should be working on nothing but how to get better players and improve the team.  You don't do either by going off to Russia and involving yourself in another franchise.

Wow fanbetty, I have to call you on this. What evidence do you have of all this you say?

I'd like to know because to make such accusations one would have to have some access to the team that the press doesn't even have because surely such things would be exposed in the media by now.

I think you really exaggerate here, based on what you think.

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 25Sep2012 at 12:24pm
   T W, I was wondering if you know if Euroleague has a subscription video service like allaccess. That would definitely be fun. Going to be hard just going of your updates, but at least they summarize the good stuff. College wants big money compared to allaccess for their video feeds.   edit I abbreviated your name T Wo, but the space counts as a letter so I corrected it.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 25Sep2012 at 12:29pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version