Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Advisors for Sky Ownership? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
lilsmoothfan

Online Status: Offline
Quote lilsmoothfan Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 11:33am
Well stated T. Woodie. I totally agree. Watch! Coach Pokey will be here.
The Unsung Hero: From A Dream to the Sky
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 12:27pm
T Woodie-
In my job, I am paid to make the right moves and right decisions.  If I were to fail, I would be replaced.  It doesn't matter if the receptionist in our company liked the change I made to her responsibilities or if or the warehouse thought I was a genious.  IF my changes resulted in lost productivity and/or lost money- I would be fired (in spite of my new popularity).

Pokey made some moves that were very popular at the time, but did not pan out.  In 2 years, I don't see a move that did not have a better option (with 20/20 hindsight) or should not have been made and that is how you judge someone- not popularity, but result.

Tell me what I missed here:
Positive:
Re-Signed Syl, Shay Murphy and Tamara Young (of course all were restricted free agents, so all she could do was screw it up)

Negatives
2011:
Traded Perkins to SA for Snow
Drafted Sloot (could have had Danielle Robinson: higher scoring, higher assists, far higher shooting %, far less TO)
Traded #2 pick in 2012 to LA for LWH

2012:
Traded #2 for Cash and LeCoe (Could have had Glory Johnson 11.5 PPG, 48% FG%, 7 RPG, 2 TO/G vs Cash/LeCoe 14PPG, 35% FG%, 8.7 RPG, 5.5 TO/G)
Signed Riley
Signed Ticha

Jury still out:
2013 #2 pick for Petro
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by fanbetty

T Woodie-
In my job, I am paid to make the right moves and right decisions.  If I were to fail, I would be replaced.  It doesn't matter if the receptionist in our company liked the change I made to her responsibilities or if or the warehouse thought I was a genious.  IF my changes resulted in lost productivity and/or lost money- I would be fired (in spite of my new popularity).

Pokey made some moves that were very popular at the time, but did not pan out.  In 2 years, I don't see a move that did not have a better option (with 20/20 hindsight) or should not have been made and that is how you judge someone- not popularity, but result.

Tell me what I missed here:
Positive:
Re-Signed Syl, Shay Murphy and Tamara Young (of course all were restricted free agents, so all she could do was screw it up)

Negatives
2011:
Traded Perkins to SA for Snow
Drafted Sloot (could have had Danielle Robinson: higher scoring, higher assists, far higher shooting %, far less TO)
Traded #2 pick in 2012 to LA for LWH

2012:
Traded #2 for Cash and LeCoe (Could have had Glory Johnson 11.5 PPG, 48% FG%, 7 RPG, 2 TO/G vs Cash/LeCoe 14PPG, 35% FG%, 8.7 RPG, 5.5 TO/G)
Signed Riley
Signed Ticha

Jury still out:
2013 #2 pick for Petro

I'm going to say it one more time fanbetty...

*When Pokey traded Perkins she was managing salary cap as well as making room for her young players (Sloot & EP), She was top heavy with guards:

Sloot
EP
Canty
Thorn
Perkins

The team needed a PF also...so why not make the move as well as give Perky an opportunity to be a starter somewhere else.

Once again I have to point you to your own comments on the trade:

OK, this puts me completely on the Pokey bandwagon.  I officially apologize for my past comments about not doing anything to improve the team.

http://www.chicagoskytalk.net/new_reply_form.asp?M=Q&PID=27472&PN=1&TR=2

This was done before Christon went down. When Christon went down The Sky was without a SF and it was a "crisis move" in acquiring LWH because the season was starting. Now...unless you *know* what contacts Pokey made before settling on LWH I have to say you speak of what you don't know. Teams know when they have leverage in a trade so Pokey did her best. When you consider most 2nd rounders don't make the roster LWH was not a bad move at the time.

The rest we've been over before. You look with the benefit of the past...and I've already showed your hypocrisy by showing you thought they were good moves.

In your job if your superiors think you made a good decision and agree with that they would be hypocrites to then fire you if they themselves approved of what you did. They would be bailing out on you.

Thats why The Sky ownership isn't up in arms about Pokey. They realized the damage EP and Syl getting injured hurt this team.

You need to stop this fanbetty...all you're showing is you are a cut-throat..."win at all cost" type of fan. Confused

Let me show you the folly of what you're saying with the trade for Swin and Lecoe:

Swin avg'd 10.6 ppg
Lecoe avg'd 3,5 ppg

Now...let's look at what the highest forwards chosen did in 2012;

2. Devereaux Peters - 5.3 ppg
3. Glory Johnson - 11.5 ppg

It's a wash...so stop with what you're doing...it's not proving anything.

Edited by T_Woodie - 27Sep2012 at 4:11pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 2:57pm
Pokey is fine just where she is and we will make the playoffs next year and be good enough to hopefully go into the Eastern Conference finals. And we will beat Indiana too.

The Maven has spoken. No more negativity about Pokey please. She is not going to be fired and will be here next year so why keep pounding on it? It will not make a difference! We have to wait until next year to see how it all works out!

Heart
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 4:25pm
Pokey gets her third year...fair. We don't make the playoffs in 2013 with the 2nd pick and whatever additions then it's time for a change.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 6:07pm
    T W, "Let me show you the folly of what you're saying with the trade for Swin and Lecoe:

Swin avg'd 10.6 ppg
Lecoe avg'd 3,5 ppg

It's a wash...so stop with what you're doing...it's not proving anything." The new players numbers are higher. 3pts could of prevented our overtime games. It's not a big difference but the numbers are in Fan,s favor.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

T W, "Let me show you the folly of what you're saying with the trade for Swin and Lecoe:

Swin avg'd 10.6 ppg
Lecoe avg'd 3,5 ppg

It's a wash...so stop with what you're doing...it's not proving anything." The new players numbers are higher. 3pts could of prevented our overtime games. It's not a big difference but the numbers are in Fan,s favor.

No Jimmy. The Sky got two players (Swin & Lecoe), for 1 pick so you can only take 1 of those two players. Obviously you would take Johnson since she had the higher scoring avg of 11.5

However, when you look at the player Seattle picked 2nd for that trade it get's even better. They chose Shekinna Stricklen who avg'd 8ppg.

Seattle basically gave Lecoe and Swin for Shekinna Stricklen, who they chose. Stricklen avg'd 8ppg...so the Sky did ok.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 6:45pm
Now Fan, can counter that playing Lec, dragged us to the bad stats. And any time Swi, was on the bench hurt the math also. Placing blame on Pokey. All the fans were upset about Lec,s early struggles. But Pokey did a great coach thing. She developed Lec, into a good asset.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 9:01pm
My only point is that no matter what decisions are made and the reason that they are made for, if they turn out to be bad decisions, then someone needs to be accountable.  As I said, please name the good personnel decisions Pokey has made.  We have 2 years with no improvement and no playoffs.  Whose fault is it?  And if history says she has made bad decisions in the past, why in the world do we trust her with maybe the most important decision in the history of the franchise.  And, whatever choice she is going to make, it will be after she spends the entire college season in Europe instead of South Bend, Ind and Newark, Delaware. 

Edited by fanbetty - 27Sep2012 at 9:01pm
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 9:17pm

My only point is that no matter what decisions are made and the reason that they are made for, if they turn out to be bad decisions, then someone needs to be accountable.  As I said, please name the good personnel decisions Pokey has made.  We have 2 years with no improvement and no playoffs.  Whose fault is it?  And if history says she has made bad decisions in the past, why in the world do we trust her with maybe the most important decision in the history of the franchise.  And, whatever choice she is going to make, it will be after she spends the entire college season in Europe instead of South Bend, Ind and Newark, Delaware. 

But the thing you keep discounting fanbetty is that until EP went down The Sky were doing well...then EP comes back only to then lose Big Syl.

You see, there are such things as "circumstances beyond ones control". I think where you ignore it...the owner sees it. Then you forget Pokey made those moves while in Europe...this is the "information age"...not hard at all to stay in touch, people are doing it everyday.

Pokey was fully able to do her homework as GM/Coach...from Russia Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 27Sep2012 at 9:18pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version