Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Advisors for Sky Ownership? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
lilsmoothfan

Online Status: Offline
Quote lilsmoothfan Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

Pokey is fine just where she is and we will make the playoffs next year and be good enough to hopefully go into the Eastern Conference finals. And we will beat Indiana too.
[DIV][/DIV]
[DIV] [/DIV]
[DIV]The Maven has spoken. No more negativity about Pokey please. She is not going to be fired and will be here next year so why keep pounding on it? It will not make a difference! We have to wait until next year to see how it all works out![/DIV]
[DIV] [/DIV]
[DIV][IMG]http://www.chicagoskytalk.net/smileys/smiley27.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Heart[/IMG][/DIV]

Again get use to it. Pokey will be here next year and probably the year after that and the year after that. [=D>]
Maven has spoken. Now I have spoken. Let the true fans say amen.
The Unsung Hero: From A Dream to the Sky
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2012 at 8:34pm
Amen!

Heart Thumbs%20Up
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
skyguy44

Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 8:37am
I know, as fans, there isn't much we can control, but the constant rolling door idea that if there isn't great immediate success then we need to fire the coach is silly. I think, again, that players are far more important than the coaching. Frankly, the coaching isn't terribly different.

Apparently the great Lin Dunn is now stupid and third guy Fred something is a genius? Reeves was a non playoff coach who became really smart and won a title? Of course not.

While I want to like all of our Sky players, our players (including and sometimes led by Fowles) miss a tremendous amount of layups.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 4:15pm
    Fashion and tradition cloud the mind. Our mind is a neural net and is prone to liking repeating patterns. Not always the best way to match with reality. Facts. Facts. Facts.        Women's minds are oriented to the overall scene, men's to the details in the scene. Sky, you have only reached half the audience. Dr. Phil talks about paper tigers(artificial problems that aren't real). To use all or nothing exaggerations is good for propaganda but misses the step by step proof method of convincing.   I had a friend who loved to shoot the breeze. He only liked the feel of the talk. I told him we could actually make breakthroughs and be useful as well as have fun with the conversation. This is a bit to hard to relax with and I lose many friends over it. But my problem solving happens as a by product of everyday life.   Where Swish might be too mean in his arguments you might be too gentle with the facts. I guess I am hard to please. lol Just food for thought.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 4:40pm
I would do this to make your post. Brainstorming session. Things we lose by repeated coach replacement: continuity familiarity for the players, the gamble of what will happen with the new coach, the bad history of replacements seeming to suck( maybe the replacer needs replacing).    With the free floating ideas I would make and outline with Roman numerals and letters and numbers    I The reason not to replace the coach.                               A It hasn't worked in the past.                                   1 we are still comlaining about coaches even if they are the replacements.                                              2 The players have to go through a learning curve instead of what they know.                                           3 The coach has had success and had failure in drafts and plays.    Good writing is good conversation. If you were trying to convince your buddy that's how you would write it(a lot of people get boring or artificial when writing instead of conversational). Then using succinct writing(no repeating over and over or trying to sound smart by being to wordy for basic concepts). I would use varying sentence patterns with a rich vocabulary( to condense the writing[everybody has a limited attention span and words that mean a big concept condense the amount of required reading])   I guess my final writing would be something like this. Replacing the coach hasn't worked before. This year has had mistakes in drafting and play making but that is going to happen with any coach. The players would have to get used to an all new one. And the results might be worse than we have now.        Sky, that's the first paragraph of your post. Just need to do it two more times to cover all your topics.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 9:25pm
    HUH??
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by fanbetty

My only point is that no matter what decisions are made and the reason that they are made for, if they turn out to be bad decisions, then someone needs to be accountable.  As I said, please name the good personnel decisions Pokey has made.  We have 2 years with no improvement and no playoffs.  Whose fault is it?  And if history says she has made bad decisions in the past, why in the world do we trust her with maybe the most important decision in the history of the franchise.  And, whatever choice she is going to make, it will be after she spends the entire college season in Europe instead of South Bend, Ind and Newark, Delaware. 

Agreed. Seems like Pokey is not getting enough credit for this 14-20 season.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 11:31pm
Pokey has bottom line responsiblity for the win/loss record for the Sky. This is her team because she is both GM and Head Coach. That is why I stated in a different thread that Michael Alter should tell Pokey to hire some different coaches to help her organize the offensive tactics of the team. I will give Pokey her props and state that she is a good defensive coach. But we all know that she needs help with the offense. If she keeps the same coaches for the 2013 season then we will get to watch the Turnover Queens play again!

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 30Sep2012 at 9:35am
   I feel like Einstein. 5 people in the world can understand my paper but 10 years later it will be a classic. lol.   Anyway I was just giving a rough draft of how a writing class works. Brainstorm. Organize. Clarify. P51D are you my hero Kelly Graves? Hope the team of internal skills of a player is also maximized and not just the team attack profile. Kayla downlow was max attack plan against opponets but atrophy of her outside shot happened. Stressing players rotated through all positions would look to be better. Most of your games are blowouts. So then is a good time to do this. Having the smalls get crafty inside skills and the bigs get a killer outside shot would go even further in the tournament.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 30Sep2012 at 9:38am
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 30Sep2012 at 9:54am
skyguy44s post had 3 paragraphs. I fixed the first one. With this "Replacing the coach hasn't worked before. This year has had mistakes in drafting and play making but that is going to happen with any coach. The players would have to get used to an all new one. And the results might be worse than we have now." Just a more connected style of writing.       sky relies on common experience and violations of expectations. Instead of a cause and effect mechanism.    Any more and I am going to need powerpoint software and a Q and A session.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 30Sep2012 at 10:07am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version