Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Advisors for Sky Ownership? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7
Jimmmy2

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 30Sep2012 at 8:23pm
   My substitute paragraph is hardly different but his second 2 are the ones that were driving me crazy on the evidence front. I read an article on Lin Dune that she was a great GM and a so so coach. To hear the statements in support of her without support is bothersome.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 01Oct2012 at 3:39am
   My own writing style could use improvement. Too many variables at once expecting the reader to see the connections happening.     Paper Tiger,    propaganda, referring to "our players miss layups" and the implied hate our players and love our coach. Our players miss layups is a "huh?" for me. But that attitude is too ungenerous. Under pressure our players do miss layups. Something to coach the Whalen style of take contact draw the foul and make the shot skill too.     After seeing the start of last season I was critical of Pokey. After hearing her speak I felt she was very sweet and I prayed for her to have the best. This made me realize I was a major problem for her. Instead of criticizing I should suggest a better way and thus make myself useful to her. Instead of a thorn.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 01Oct2012 at 3:40am
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 03Oct2012 at 1:37pm
While I do not endorse it, it looks like Pokey will be back.  I would feel so much more comfortable with that if she:
#1- spent the time in person evaluating players for our 1st round pick.  Video only tells you so much.  And while I'm sure Jeff House will be sitting there watching, I want the person with the most to gain and lose doing the evaluating. 
#2- hire a real offensive minded assistant coach with a track record at this level.  Our defense was acceptable and will be better once Syl is healthy.  Our rebounding (both sides) was very good.  Our offense is just dreadful and players seem to get less productive when they are here (Hope no one wants me to site staticistics for this, too.  But check out Cash, Riley, LaCoe, Snow, etc the last 2 years) 
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 03Oct2012 at 5:04pm
No coach does it all fanbetty...that's why they have assistants.

House is quite competent at judging talent and I think he should stay. He was all around the country scouting last year.

I just want Pokey to get an offensive mind in there to help her. If she does that, I'm happy.

You're just not being real in saying Pokey can't do the job from overseas. Bottom line is she can...and she did.

Had Syl and EP not missed games...this team makes the playoffs...everyone knows that.

You need to get off of Pokey...we know she's not perfect but she's done well.

Edited by T_Woodie - 03Oct2012 at 5:05pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 04Oct2012 at 11:04am
    T W, overtime wins aren't a guarantee in my book. We had to have more control over games than that.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 04Oct2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

T W, overtime wins aren't a guarantee in my book. We had to have more control over games than that.

A win...is a win Jimmy. Everyone likes to win in regulation but an OT win goes in the win column...PERIOD!!!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 04Oct2012 at 9:47pm
   The calls for Syl to come back make me cringe. I still need convincing that she hasn't been more than hurt so as to be below an average player in the 2 years I have been watching her. She had good stats but should of been so much more successful in taking us to the win column. Missed inbound passes for 2 years. This year since, I was paying attention better, I noticed a lot of lost balls under the basket as she failed fundamentals and got the ball stolen by trying to dribble instead of going up with it.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 04Oct2012 at 9:48pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version