Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: NY Beats DC; Draft Lottery Date Set Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Sec113Maven

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Topic: NY Beats DC; Draft Lottery Date Set
    Posted: 12Sep2012 at 8:21pm
I was really hoping DC would pull it out and beat NY tonight. In the 3rd quarter it looked like they were going to do it, then they slumped. If any team needs a new coach/GM its DC. Since I go there so often on business they are my 2nd favorite team in the WNBA....unfortunately!

Covering all bases in case we don't make it to the playoffs, WNBA.COM has the draft lottery date set for 9/26 at 5pm central on ESPN during SportsCenter. Earlier than usual, I think it is usually in November. Of course I have a ticket to the Ryder Cup practice rounds that day....but hope to be home by 5pm.

However this turns out I have good feelings about the Sky moving forward.

Star   Thumbs%20Up   Heart

Edited by Sec113Maven - 12Sep2012 at 8:21pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2012 at 2:22am
     Had to look up the Ryder cup. Golf match between US and Europe it looks like. Solid gold cup from 1927. Shame they can't melt it, worth a lot of money. Lol. Hope you have a good time. Seems like one would need a video device to keep the viewing going. I guess you can go to different holes and are not just at one?

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 13Sep2012 at 2:26am
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2012 at 10:56am
I can see Griner in Washington. That would really helped them out.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2012 at 12:53pm
That's highly likley! I really like Washington's coach she does well with what she has.

We have to understand the "bottom feeders" will have a hard time except by trades and the draft. We should understand some player don't want to go to these teams. Is that the coaches fault? Confused

Washington plays hard...that reflects their coach! Thumbs%20Up
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2012 at 1:18pm
I thought the draft lottery was usually a little later in the year. Maybe they're trying to maximize the interest and coverage by having the draft lottery during the playoffs.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2012 at 2:59pm
I hope it's the beginning of some changes because these ladies are magnificent! They come back to the WNBA to keep it viable when they can make more overseas. Think of the wear and tear on them.

Then...what about the draftees? The league preseason is so short ladies that could make rosters don't because of the fast turn around to regular season.Is that fair to them.

Mark my words...Sydney Carter is going to be good...I wish The Sky could have kept her!

Rosters of only 11 players???.  Truly the WNBA needs to work to changing this.

Edited by T_Woodie - 13Sep2012 at 3:03pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2012 at 9:32pm
Jimmmy2 - the Ryder Cup is a major golf tournament where the USA competes against Europe every two years and it is played on either continent every other tournament. So it only comes to the US every four years. If you are into golf its a very special team event and is unusual since golf is such an individual sport. It has been going on since 1927.

It does not come to the Midwest that often although it was in Michigan in 2004 and is now at the Medinah Country Club in suburban Chicago this year. It will get a lot of local coverage once we get closer to the event date. It will be held 9/28, 29, 30 but they have practice sessions from Tuesday through Thursday. I had to enter a PGA lottery to get a ticket and only got one for the practice round on Wednesday the 26th.

You can either go from hole to hole to watch or choose one spot and watch everyone come through.

Heart

Edited by Sec113Maven - 13Sep2012 at 9:33pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 3:38pm
I'm getting excited for this draft lottery, because once we find out our draft pick number. We can start predicting and watching college bball games . If we get the third pick I will be making trips to Indiana to watch Diggins play lol. That would be great! but if we get any of the top three picks it would be major. I would be fine with the 4th or 5th pick as well. Just ready for some fresh players to come in.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

That's highly likley! I really like Washington's coach she does well with what she has.We have to understand the "bottom feeders" will have a hard time except by trades and the draft. We should understand some player don't want to go to these teams. Is that the coaches fault? ConfusedWashington plays hard...that reflects their coach! Thumbs%20Up

Oops, Trudie got fired.
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 25Sep2012 at 7:27am
I am not suprised Trudie got fired. She seems like a very nice person but I could not understand why she signed so many players the Sky let go! DC should have a great WNBA team because they have a city that really will support them. It is good for the league as a whole to have a strong Mystics team. I don't want another rival in the East for the Sky, but I hope they find a good coach moving forward for the sake of the franchise. There have been too many coaches and too many bad decisions in the Mystics organization.
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version