Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Looking Ahead Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
wnbarocks

Online Status: Offline
Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 21Sep2012 at 9:17pm
Of course I'm with everyone on Piph and Syl. (Not sure what the first pick in the draft might mean for us.)

We should keep Sloot. She is developing and her confidence has increased. Need another point. Would rather have Piph be the 2. If we get Diggins, great!

I like Young's defense--she always gets the toughest assignment. She's long, quick, and can get lots of air. Her offense could use some more work.

C makes a good back-up to Syl. She is big and smart with good hands. She makes the most out of her physical ability and sets a mean screen.

Before the Olympic break, I wouldn't have said this, but I'd like to see Swin back. Don't know if she needs to start, but I agree with Vicki in regards to her leadership, defense, and hustle. She's good for the team and I'll take her 10 points. I don't believe that Syl and Piph are team leaders in the same way. Maybe Piph could do it someday, but I just don't see it in Syl.

Mixed feelings about Shay. She brings energy and can shoot the 3. Ok if we had to let her go.

Sonja started with an injured finger and was in the states for the first time ever. Lots of adjustments, plus she is young. Sometimes she just tried too hard and needed to relax. WNBA is very physical compared to Europe. I'd be willing to give her another shot, but it would depend upon her development overseas this year.

Need a forward badly. I'd be fine with Ruth and Coe leaving. I'm not familiar with Della Donne, but seems like she'd be nice fit. Still feel as if we need to sign a free agent or trade.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 21Sep2012 at 10:56pm
A*B*C,easy as one,two,three
are simple as do re mi
A*B*C,one,two,three,
Lottery you and me girl!

A*B*C is easy its like counting up to three
sing a championship melody
That's how easy lottery can be!

I had to get that Jackson Five song out of my head.
Everyone should know where I stand concerning our current roster but I will state it again for the new people. We need to defecate Swords,Riley,and Willingham! The best music to my ears will be the flushing sound of the toilet getting rid of those players.
I would like the Sky to give Wojta,Chester, and Colson a look for 2013.

IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 12:30am
this is a difficult question to answer until we know the results of the draft lottery
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 1:32am
Originally posted by wnbarocks

Mixed feelings about Shay. She brings energy and can shoot the 3. Ok if we had to let her go.

Interesting, seeing as she was the leading bench scorer.
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 1:46am
wnbarocks, Syl can't be a leader? wasn't she the Sky's team captain this year and the only one at that. Syl is the Sky's best player stats and rewards prove that (ala Tamika Catchings). Swin is at the end her career and have to many disappearing acts why would you want her to be the leader of the team?. She wasn't captain this year and I don't see it happening next year she seems more interested in broadcasting. Piph will be in her 4th year next year and Syl will be in her 6th year next year both solid wnba players. I think they will be the leaders of this team from here on out. Vets have disappointed us season after season.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 2:28am
   Bri, I wasn't watching the team before 2 years ago(disappointing years). What did the vets do that disappointed? Ticha seemed to be a great organizer. Not doing that would be a way in the past for vets to have disappointed.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 7:44am
Originally posted by brit479

wnbarocks, Syl can't be a leader? wasn't she the Sky's team captain this year and the only one at that. Syl is the Sky's best player stats and rewards prove that (ala Tamika Catchings). Swin is at the end her career and have to many disappearing acts why would you want her to be the leader of the team?. She wasn't captain this year and I don't see it happening next year she seems more interested in broadcasting. Piph will be in her 4th year next year and Syl will be in her 6th year next year both solid wnba players. I think they will be the leaders of this team from here on out. Vets have disappointed us season after season.

In terms of the vocal rallying the team, I agree that's not something I think Sylvia or Piph can do. Yes they are "vets" but what Cash did vocally is not something I have ever seen them do. I think that's what WNBArocks was referring to. Syl and Piph are captain's no doubt about that and it is their team.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by mavcarter

Interesting, seeing as she was the leading bench scorer.

But if we needed to trade her to get a really good PF... I like her, but she doesn't make or break the team for me.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 8:55am
Originally posted by brit479

I know that we've talked about leaders before and to me that person has not much at all to do with being the best player. The two biggest things to me is being able to help your teammates control the mental & emotional part of the game and to know where everyone needs to be on the court like a traffic controller. You lead by being where you need to be on any given play and by controlling your own emotions. Then you can help your teammates to do the same. I don't believe that Syl did either of those two things herself. Swin does all of that. She sets the tone for the others whether it is calming them down or picking them up. She helps them to know what they should be doing on the court. She is mature and smart. All of that doesn't show up in the stats.
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 9:34am

I know that we've talked about leaders before and to me that person has not much at all to do with being the best player. The two biggest things to me is being able to help your teammates control the mental & emotional part of the game and to know where everyone needs to be on the court like a traffic controller. You lead by being where you need to be on any given play and by controlling your own emotions. Then you can help your teammates to do the same. I don't believe that Syl did either of those two things herself. Swin does all of that. She sets the tone for the others whether it is calming them down or picking them up. She helps them to know what they should be doing on the court. She is mature and smart. All of that doesn't show up in the stats.

Swin did do that, and she was the first one to do it since Stacy Dales left
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version