Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Looking Ahead Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Jimmmy2

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 9:57am
    Stacy Dales left because of Raynauds phenomenon. Bad blood circulation basically. You guys saw a lot of stuff go on in the older years.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 10:19am
Originally posted by idchafee

]Swin did do that, and she was the first one to do it since Stacy Dales left

You are right about that. I was just thinking the same thing.
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Tonette10

Originally posted by brit479

wnbarocks, Syl can't be a leader? wasn't she the Sky's team captain this year and the only one at that. Syl is the Sky's best player stats and rewards prove that (ala Tamika Catchings). Swin is at the end her career and have to many disappearing acts why would you want her to be the leader of the team?. She wasn't captain this year and I don't see it happening next year she seems more interested in broadcasting. Piph will be in her 4th year next year and Syl will be in her 6th year next year both solid wnba players. I think they will be the leaders of this team from here on out. Vets have disappointed us season after season.

In terms of the vocal rallying the team, I agree that's not something I think Sylvia or Piph can do. Yes they are "vets" but what Cash did vocally is not something I have ever seen them do. I think that's what WNBArocks was referring to. Syl and Piph are captain's no doubt about that and it is their team.

Okay I get where your coming from Tonette. Syl and Piph are known to be a on the quiet side but they get it done on the court. Swin is more vocal.

wnbarocks, It's no secret Syl need to control her emotions but that doesn't mean she can't be a leader. Everybody got something that they need to work on in life.   
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
lilsmoothfan

Quote lilsmoothfan Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 12:43pm
Syl is the team captain. I agree she and Piph are the best players (stat wise) but neither are vocal enough to be team leaders. They don't have that type of personality. Nothing bad on their part. Swin is very vocal and the team do need her for that. The team need some maturity leadership.
The Unsung Hero: From A Dream to the Sky
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 3:51pm
Brit, Syl just hasn't displayed many leadership qualities in my book--that I have seen. Not everyone needs or wants to be a leader. It's okay. Not all great players need to be leaders. Nothing against her. I accept that she's a great player and a good person. That's enough for me. I don't want to make her be something that she isn't. Is it possible that she could learn to become a good leader? Maybe. But it's not only about emotions. Taurasi is fiery, but she does it for her team and doesn't lose focus of the game. She definitely could work on that. But it would take more than that for me. So maybe I have high expectations for what a good leader is, especially if I can only think of two players in the existence of the Sky that displayed those qualities (that the fans could see). Swin and Stacey.
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 4:12pm
wnbarocks, we'll just have agree to disagree. I personally think Syl is a great person and see nothing wrong with her showing emotion. Leader or not, great person, great player, one of the top centers in the league. The main focus should be getting better players to fit our core players Syl, Piph, and Sloot. We need a winning team next year Syl and her emotions is the least of are problems. Looking forward to the draft and this off season.

Edited by brit479 - 22Sep2012 at 4:12pm
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2012 at 11:26pm
I don't necessarily have any problem with her showing emotion if it doesn't cause her to miss the next couple of plays in the game. Show your feelings, but keep playing and stay focused. That's all.

IP IP Logged
Youth Coach

Quote Youth Coach Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 6:44am
You definitely have to keep Swords and then you have to keep working with her to further her development.
Now a FORMER Youth Coach
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 9:45am
I am very excited about the Lottery. I think as much as we wanted to go into the playoffs NY will lose in 2 and be out. We could have done better against Connecticut, but then we would have had to face Indiana again or Atlanta....we have to get better players in the off season and a good draft pick.

We all agree (I think) that we need another PG and we really need maybe one or two PFs to get this team to the point where Indiana, Atlanta and Connecticut cannot beat us.

I am interested in our draft pick but if we could pick up a few free agents like Bonner (oh yeah!)....I would say go for it. If we get the #1 pick I would say trade it for #2 or 3 and have that team give us a star player in return. We don't need Griner, but Delle Donne and/or Diggins would be good. I would love to see Bonner or Dupree on the Sky, Dupree needs to come back. I will never forget how important she was to us the first four years of the franchise.....

Wednesday will be interesting.

Heart
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 11:23am
   Swi, I thought you were Alter. But the way he hugged Ticha and the flushing comment just didn't jive. Oh well at least we get to talk to the man in charge of Swish appeal website(I think). I remember complaining about your salutation on your posts until you changed it. I really did it because you said you wanted your question answered by someone other than Bri. Honestly a little bit of fear makes me not as generous as I should be regarding your opinions. Respected(elaborate things inspire fear). I do think the motivation could use a little improvement. Respecting while complaining if you will. Saying we have something to work on (fill in the black here, interceptions, vet overload ect..) whilst keeping your ethics or sense that the people dealt with are important.    I love humor. But motivating is an art.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 23Sep2012 at 11:25am
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version