Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Looking Ahead Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
brit479

Online Status: Offline
Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I am very excited about the Lottery. I think as much as we wanted to go into the playoffs NY will lose in 2 and be out. We could have done better against Connecticut, but then we would have had to face Indiana again or Atlanta....we have to get better players in the off season and a good draft pick.We all agree (I think) that we need another PG and we really need maybe one or two PFs to get this team to the point where Indiana, Atlanta and Connecticut cannot beat us. I am interested in our draft pick but if we could pick up a few free agents like Bonner (oh yeah!)....I would say go for it. If we get the #1 pick I would say trade it for #2 or 3 and have that team give us a star player in return. We don't need Griner, but Delle Donne and/or Diggins would be good. I would love to see Bonner or Dupree on the Sky, Dupree needs to come back. I will never forget how important she was to us the first four years of the franchise.....Wednesday will be interesting.Heart

Great post! totally agree with everything you said. Whoever is building this team need to match Indiana and Atlanta. Those are the teams we need to beat consistently to be a playoff team. We need a stronger front court point blank period. SF, PF positions needs some fixing we need stronger post players who can bang bodies. We need a PF with offense ala Candice Dupree type. Backup pg is needed, if we win the third pick Diggins is for sure ours. If not we have to get some one who can help handle the ball.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 7:13pm
Well, while everyone is looking ahead to who we'll get for next year's roster. I just finished writing  a letter to President Fox and gave him my thoughts for improving next year's management of the organization. I know it's a longshot that he or the organization will listen, but I expect the organization to do a better job in the way they run things next year. I felt so disappointed in the lack of their enthusiasm this year.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2012 at 8:37pm
   Shy, was it about how to do better with the fans. Please tell some of the ideas you had. If they could do it like Santa Clause it would be fine by me. Everybody rested and knowing whats expected of them.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 9:45am
I would hope The Sky can get a shot at Della Donne! That would answer the PF problem to a great degree. Finding a backup for Sloot would be the next move.

Let's not forget for these ladies there is no break because many make better money in Europe.

I hope that Syl would rest herself and take at least half of the European season off to make sure she's recovered.

I hear people wanting to let Swin go, but I think that a mistake. I would prefer to keep Swin, TYoung, and Petro...and as has been said give Chester another shot at the team.

During that last game Babcock stated my sentiments on Petro almost exactly. To give up on Petro with her skills is not a good move...but I *think* Petro is here anyway by contract.

Edited by T_Woodie - 24Sep2012 at 9:45am
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by shyguy1701

Well, while everyone is looking ahead to who we'll get for next year's roster. I just finished writing  a letter to President Fox and gave him my thoughts for improving next year's management of the organization. I know it's a longshot that he or the organization will listen, but I expect the organization to do a better job in the way they run things next year. I felt so disappointed in the lack of their enthusiasm this year.
Shyguy, I am surprised you thought the organization lacked enthusiasm this year. I assume you mean the Sky organization separate from the team. I have been a STH since 2006 and honestly felt there was more enthusiasm this year than in past years. We got a new Account Manager (Dominique King) who gave us more attention and was more available, energetic and personable than any Account Manager we have had with the Sky! He was just great and all of the other people in the Sky organization were great as well.

Hmmm...why do you think they lacked enthusiasm?

Heart

Edited by Sec113Maven - 24Sep2012 at 9:49am
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 10:19am
    More humor. When user Buster Wolf posted I thought it was Jeff House. Naming the username after his bushy hair which is like a wolfs. Never seeing the high ups from the coaching I treated it as if I were seeing a deer in the woods and didn't want to start any interacting for fear of scaring it away.    Anyway Mike Wolf is the new announcer for the Sky and I think the username could be his. Still a little frightened to make feel welcome. We are kind of in a desert of the same few users and when a new one shows up at the watering hole. I am worried I would spook them away. Fear sucks. Most people say they don't understand what I am typing. That's not that bad. If it's the worst that happens. Welcome Bus.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 24Sep2012 at 12:56pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 11:00am
Originally posted by fanbetty

Swords- we certainly saw her plus and minuses last night.  Lots of open lay-ups because she was ignored.  If only we can count on that for her and other players.  Defensively, she just could not keep up with the speed of the game.  They killed her using DeSouza on the high post and then blowing by and going back door.

Last- the coach and GM...we certainly need one!

Fanbetty...what game were you watching to come to that conclusion on Swords against The Dream??? LOL

Swords played a good game and she was not "killed by de Souza"!!! deSouza couldn't even handle Swords in the post. Also do you forget The Dream had de Souza and Lyttle on the floor???

Lot's of open lay ups??? I think you missed the game!!! Swprds did get a couple of open layups but Swords played well and battled well.

I've come to the point where I know you just won't be fair and objective with Swords...the lady almost gets a double double and you minimize the fact that she played well...Shocked

Edited by T_Woodie - 24Sep2012 at 11:02am
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 2:26pm

T Woodie-

Seems like you and I watch games differently.  I don't care about the numbers that you see in the boxscore, I look to what a player does to influence the play on the floor.  Swords on defense in a big body and when she remembers to stay put, she takes up a lot of room and contends for rebounds.  However, she is a chaser...she goes for the ball and leaves her space and many times her player open and that results in the team defense breaking down.  It's also the reason Pokie benches her so often.

On offense, she sets great picks and rotates/rolls to the open spot very well.  Since her teammates seem to ignore her, she is also left alone by the defense and that means open lay-ups.  Her roll on the offense seems to be a lot like Horace Grant on the 1st 3 Bulls championships- no plays called for her, set your picks and get your points off the put backs and inside passes when the defense neglects you.  However (you knew it would be here), her outside shot was not good this year (she barely took any) and in traffic, she tends to shoot from the level of her chest/shoulders as opposed to over her head.  That's why so many of her shots are blocked- as happened on Saturday.

The numbers she produces are great.  She's just allows as much on the other side and sometimes more.  Lot's of offensive players around that don't cut it on defense.  You just have to decide if your team has the fire power to overcome it.  We don't. 
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 2:55pm
Shyguy-
Interesting that you sent your letter to Adam Fox.  Just curious what your beefs were that he could address.  He is not a basketball person, so the main and only complaint I have (the coach/GM and quality of players) would definitely fall on deaf ears.  I also agree with Sec113maven regarding the operations side of the team.  Our account manager is excellent and the attention we get is similar and sometimes better than the attention we get at other venues where we have tickets.  The entertainment and other non-game related items are on-par with other non-major sport teams in the city.  You can't expect Bulls or Blackhawks type game promotion and entertainment on the budget of a WNBA team.  And, sometimes what is done is so bad that it is comical.  Who will ever forget the pre-game fashion show from the resale shop?  We laughed so hard and it is still the talk of our group. 

Actually, just get a great team out there and we don't have to worry about anything else!
IP IP Logged
Youth Coach

Quote Youth Coach Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 4:59pm
On a non on court related note, I wonder if the improved showing by Carolyn Swords will finally net her a spot in the WNBA trading card set for next season.
Now a FORMER Youth Coach
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version