Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Looking Ahead Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
Richard77

Online Status: Offline
Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 6:27pm
My account executive is really great also. I have no complaints about him or any of the AE's. I do have other issues relating to operations management that I addressed to him that I'll share with everyone once I give the letter a few days to arrive. A letter. Not an e-mail, a letter. E-mail wasn't serious enough. It's not about the team - players or coaching staff. And just to be fair and honest, some of my other friends who are STH's also have problems with the operations management side of the Sky. It's not just me. I will let all of you know more later.  
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 24Sep2012 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by fanbetty

T Woodie-

Seems like you and I watch games differently.  I don't care about the numbers that you see in the boxscore, I look to what a player does to influence the play on the floor.  Swords on defense in a big body and when she remembers to stay put, she takes up a lot of room and contends for rebounds.  However, she is a chaser...she goes for the ball and leaves her space and many times her player open and that results in the team defense breaking down.  It's also the reason Pokie benches her so often.

On offense, she sets great picks and rotates/rolls to the open spot very well.  Since her teammates seem to ignore her, she is also left alone by the defense and that means open lay-ups.  Her roll on the offense seems to be a lot like Horace Grant on the 1st 3 Bulls championships- no plays called for her, set your picks and get your points off the put backs and inside passes when the defense neglects you.  However (you knew it would be here), her outside shot was not good this year (she barely took any) and in traffic, she tends to shoot from the level of her chest/shoulders as opposed to over her head.  That's why so many of her shots are blocked- as happened on Saturday.

The numbers she produces are great.  She's just allows as much on the other side and sometimes more.  Lot's of offensive players around that don't cut it on defense.  You just have to decide if your team has the fire power to overcome it.  We don't. 

In that game fanbetty, Swords hit shots none of us knew she had.

Indeed we saw a different game and player. You might wan t go watch the archive and refresh your memory. Swords wasn't just getting free shots...she played a good game.

You focus on negatives, and Swords has some...but the positives are so much better:

*Swords has the best hands on this team!

*She's not fast but very quick to the boards with her shot.

*Plays physical and rebounds well.

*She's an excellent FT shooter.

*A big body she is and she plays smart and was the best passer of our bigs...even better than Syl passing.

Yes, she's somewhat of a defensive liability but I would bet that when Swords returns she will be better there too because that's the type player she is. She was faster up band down the court this year and will be again next year

Then you have a bad memory of Horace Grant. Grant's trademark for the Bulls was a 15' ft jumper and the dunk.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 26Sep2012 at 6:58am
Today is the big day everyone! I know that I would like to get one of the first three picks of the 2013 draft but if the Sky get the fourth pick that will be okay too. The fourth best player of the class of 2013 is Tayler Hill but the Sky need a PF desperately! The Sky should focus their attention on drafting the Hawkins girl from Maryland or Carolyn Davis from Kansas.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 26Sep2012 at 4:28pm
The Sky needs 2nd pick minimum..if so...SAY HELLO TO Della Donne!!!

After that just bring a couple more pieces!!!

IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 4:30am
I just remembered a coach that would make a good assistant coach for Coach Pokey. That person is Julie Plank. She took a Washington team to the top of the Eastern Conference a few years ago. The Sky need to pick her up!

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Youth Coach

On a non on court related note, I wonder if the improved showing by Carolyn Swords will finally net her a spot in the WNBA trading card set for next season.
   This whole board is a subtitle to a playing card. Very sports related. Speaking of playing cards. Are you my hero Angie Byorkland? Watched Sherlock Holmes(BBC season 2) last night and want to check my detective skills. lol   The only reason I could see in staying anonymous is we could petition to have Angie at camp without appearing biased.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 29Sep2012 at 5:56am
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 01Oct2012 at 3:16pm
Looking ahead...I'm also wondering where Sky players will be around the world. Europe, China, Austrailia...etc. Confused
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 01Oct2012 at 5:25pm
I just got an e-mail back from Adam Fox. He appreciated the letter I sent him. He's asked to speak with me regarding the ideas I wrote about and I think I'll speak with him Wednesday. Things I sent included an appreciation month instead of an appreciation day: A photo & bobblehead night with players/no autographs given, split the autograph nights for two games, adults first and then just kids/no photo taking, but bring in the ones you shot at photo night or an Sky item, and then the last game where you get speeches by player/coaches and raffle prizes. If Allstate wants to close at a certain time, then you have to find ways to make lines shorter and/or faster. Don't know what else we'll discuss, but I did mention Sky Guy ...

Edited by shyguy1701 - 01Oct2012 at 5:26pm
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 01Oct2012 at 10:09pm
I really think that they need to do something with the way they hand out the free t-shirts.  The ones they throw up in the stands, whatever.  Can't control that.  But they spend way too much time showing off their throwing skills - people sitting down close don't have a prayer 99% of the time and people sitting courtside are well and truly screwed.  Then, the few times that they do just hand one over, they hand them to adults making asses of themselves, and ignore the little kid standing there.  I've seen adults walking out of there with 2 or 3 of the stupid things.  If this team is going to make it as an entertainment business, they need to cultivate lifelong fans.  The best way to do that is to hook 'em while they're young.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 02Oct2012 at 7:40am
   Sounds like this might be heading to conflict. Shy, might be one of the guys holding 3 shirts. Here is some count your blessing news. If someone is in a sensory deprivation tank they will hallucinate within 24hrs. For me it's about 20 minutes. My name is James Anderson and I have schizophrenia. It's a disease with widely varying degrees of severity. Mine is pretty mild. But I do have to scientifically inspect my senses to see if the experience is magical thinking or reality based. The secret to my high variable count is having to monitor this all the time. Kind of a poverty of luck, count your blessing if you just have regular poverty. Best cause explanation is a parvo type virus in the spine leading to brain chemical overload. Though a lot of evidence supports it just being genetics. Cognitive thearapy(reasoning things out) works wonders for me and I'm happy. Peace all.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 02Oct2012 at 7:42am
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version