Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: 2nd pick in April. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4
wnbarocks

Online Status: Offline
Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 8:56am
I'm with you Maven.

Article to check out http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120928/sports/709289611/
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 9:11am
I'll be happy with either player, to make that clear. At least we know were getting an immediate impact player which we need if were going to make the playoffs.

Edited by brit479 - 29Sep2012 at 9:22am
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by wnbarocks

I'm with you Maven.

Article to check out http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120928/sports/709289611/

Great article, just read it, love hearing Pokey views on Delle Donne and Diggins. Seems she is considering both players
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 2:48pm
I'm all in for Della Donne!!! Thumbs%20Up

She should be the goal based on Phoenix taking Griner in my book.

You get EDD and now you look to gain your back up PG and PF because this is how the Sky looks now:

Guards - Sloot, EP , and Murphy. The Sky needs a back up to Sloot. Sloot grew up quick over the last part of the season. I don't see the need to do anything but bring a back up.

I don't see the need for grabbing Diggins! She would amount to a "luxury pick" in the sense that we know the Sky has struggled for 3 seasons from the PF spot. They need a PF that can take the pressure off Syl as well as allow the floor to spread.

We know EP, and Shay are the SGs for the most part and both can play PG if needed. Pokey can shop for that backup PG and I know I like what I saw of Sydney Carter. There will also be FA PGs out there.

At SF we Know The Sky has some good ones. Swin can even play some PF. TYoung and Petro are both good depth and both can also play a big guard too.

So I see the priority as PF, especially not knowing whether Riley and Lecoe remain. We know if Pokey gets Della Donne, one of those two are gone.

Both Riley and Lecoe are up in age at 34 and 32 respectively. Riley may very well retire...who knows.

If Phoenix takes EDD the picture changes because Syl immediately becomes a PF. Pokey would then need to find more scoring in a backup PF to Syl.

Getting Griner could make Swords expendable because when Griner goes out Syl simply moves inside...OR does Pokey like the Idea of having Syl, Griner, and Swords, and simply find a back up PF???

Bottom line...THIS TEAM NEEDS PF FIRST...before anything else...Thumbs%20Up
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2012 at 11:39pm
Skylar Diggins is more popular than EDD but, EDD is what this team needs. Do not believe the hype about people saying that Griner does not fit the Mercury system or Diggins is the answer for the Sky's turnover problems. NO! The draft order should be Griner,EDD, and Diggins. If the draft order is different than that then some GM/Coach has been drinking some spiked Kool-aide.

Edited by Swish - 29Sep2012 at 11:40pm

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version