Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: 2nd pick in April. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Rhino

Online Status: Offline
Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 9:30am
How about the sky selecting delle donne, and trading vandersloot and next years #1 pick for the 3rd pick and select diggins?

Edited by Rhino - 27Sep2012 at 9:33am
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 10:05am
Skylar Diggins will not be the pick! It would be dreadful to take her and pass on EDD!!!

Skylar is a reminder of Sloot...except she's a bit more offensive minded. The Sky has enough in Sloot, EP, and Shay Murphy to not be going through maturing another young PG.

All this time we Sky fans have been looking for more offense on the front line other than Syl...now that that chance is here I can't believe folks want Diggins...Confused

EDD is 6' 5" 198lbs...She is a Candace Parker clone.

Do we see the opportunity here??? look at this lineup:

PG - Sloot
SG - EP
C - Big Syl
PF - EDD
SF - Swin

How do you pass on that???

Even if Phoenix takes EDD then Pokey has to take Griner and now Syl becomes the PF...you can't lose. Clap

Edited by T_Woodie - 27Sep2012 at 10:20am
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 11:08am
     If Slo, has to be traded, I hope it's to Seattle. Right next to her childhood home town. Rhi, the only flirting I've been able to do with Bri, is to call the 900 number and say "I won't be flirting". Any other approach is "stalky". You have a longer history with her so, good luck.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

If Slo, has to be traded, I hope it's to Seattle. Right next to her childhood home town. Rhi, the only flirting I've been able to do with Bri, is to call the 900 number and say "I won't be flirting". Any other approach is "stalky". You have a longer history with her so, good luck.

Huh? Confused
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 12:03pm
Exactly, huh?
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

shes like a sister to me cuz, what happened, you struck out?
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 1:21pm
Hey Rhino, long time no hear!. LMAO at Jimmmy2, seriously huh?. Back to Delle Donne and Diggins. People on twitter think Diggins is coming to the Sky their extra excited. Some of them our like Delle Donne who? Obviously Diggins is more popular. Delle Donne is a scorer no doubt something we need. Diggins is a winner with tough mentality something we need too. Diggins has been to back to back Womens NCAA finals. Notre Dame got the goods you see the Minnesota Lynx took Devereaux Peters with the no. 3 pick last year. I think Delle Donne or Diggins would be a perfect fit. We can always pick up a PF through free agency if we draft Diggins. Remember last year Pokey invited two pgs to camp...she's not sold on Sloot. Sloot has showed improvement but what about toughness?...

Look at this tweet from Ruth Riley:@ruthriley00 Number 2 it is-this is gonna be a great draft class!! I wonder who we r gonna get @SkyDigg4- not that I am biased at all! Lol! #Irish

Edited by brit479 - 27Sep2012 at 1:56pm
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 2:43pm
I am totally in the camp that feels we should grab EDD. Diggins will go to Tulsa. Sloot will have a great year next year and we should find a veteran PG who is in the last few years of her career to back Sloot up.

Diggins is a great player and the ND connection is good for Chicago, but we have to fill our desperate need for a star forward. We need EDD. NOT DIGGINS!

My only concern about EDD is what she pulled at Connecticut and if she is going to want to embrace professional basketball. If she feels she wants to stay close to her sister she will probably not play. She does have the right to remove herself from the draft. Has she indicated that she will go into the draft? Is she mature enough 4 years later to leave home?  These are all questions that need answers before we get our hopes up. I think EDD is more of a concern emotionally and mentally than any concern with her ability to play.

Heart

Edited by Sec113Maven - 27Sep2012 at 2:45pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 3:32pm
Quote from Swin: But at the end of the day, I’m just happy to have the second pick. There’s just so many different ways that our coach can go with this" - Swin Cash, wnba.com

ESPN: While the Mercury are overjoyed, the Chicago Sky also are quite happy. The Sky had the fewest amount of chances in the lottery, yet finished second. They should have their pick between Notre Dame point guard Skylar Diggins and Delaware guard/forward Elena Delle Donne, and Chicago can't go wrong with either player. - Mechelle Voepel of ESPN

just a little food for thought
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I am totally in the camp that feels we should grab EDD. Diggins will go to Tulsa. Sloot will have a great year next year and we should find a veteran PG who is in the last few years of her career to back Sloot up.

Diggins is a great player and the ND connection is good for Chicago, but we have to fill our desperate need for a star forward. We need EDD. NOT DIGGINS!

My only concern about EDD is what she pulled at Connecticut and if she is going to want to embrace professional basketball. If she feels she wants to stay close to her sister she will probably not play. She does have the right to remove herself from the draft. Has she indicated that she will go into the draft? Is she mature enough 4 years later to leave home?  These are all questions that need answers before we get our hopes up. I think EDD is more of a concern emotionally and mentally than any concern with her ability to play.

Heart

You're so right Maven! EDD gives you so much more on the front line and she will enable Big Syl to be more dominant inside.

When it comes to The Sky guards now you have Sloot and EP with bigger targets to get the ball to...and the defense cannot double both Big Syl and EDD or Sloot or EP can both get to the cup, or Swin has the backside..

When it comes to Diggins...as I said earlier we have good guards in Sloot, EP, and Shay. Diggins won't be immediate impact.

When was the last time a PG made immediate impact? That would be Diana Taurasi...and Diggins just ain't that good.

The versatility and size EDD can bring is just too great to pass on. The only question is Who Phoenix takes. If Phoenix takes EDD...Pokey has to take Griner with the mind of moving Syl to PF which still helps The Sky tremendously.

I will fall out if The Sky doesn't end up with Griner or EDD...Clap
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version