Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Ok...Which Lineup Do You Like Best? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by brit479

No way in hell Phoenix pass up on Griner. She's a lock for the #1 slot.

Well Brit...you may be right...as you can see my new siggy, I hope you are.

I just look at what Phoenix likes to do...and that's run and gun. They have a solid PF in Dupree. You add EDD to that and you have a running team.

Now just for the sake of debate look at their lineup with EDD:

PG - Prahalis
SG - Taurasi
C - EDD
PF - Dupree
SF - Bonner

That line-up can run with any team in the league!

Now let's look at that lineup with Griner:

PG - Prahalis
SG - Taurasi
C - Griner
PF - Dupree
SF - Bonner

That lineup is fast too...but with Griner they have to wait on her to get up the floor.

Either way Phoenix wins...the question is what does Coach Gaines want to do? Does he want to "run and gun"...or does he want the inside presence that Griner brings?

One things for sure...either way, he can't lose.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 6:54pm
    I heard about Lis, quitting from our lady announcer when she was complementing Syl. Hard to find a hard copy on that source. But, not knowing much about Lis, I learned a lot. She was an aggressive elbow user. Often getting booed at stadiums. In an article   http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/columns/story?columnist=voepel_mechelle&id=4507916 she presents a counterpoint to her style with a touching fact.{ "There's no kid that I've passed up and not signed an autograph for. It's our duty. Also another important message is how we represent ourselves and how we carry ourselves."}. edit   A lot of my posts contain trivia. But those small facts are the building blocks for latter solving life's big puzzles.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 27Sep2012 at 7:00pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
lilsmoothfan

Quote lilsmoothfan Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2012 at 8:47pm
Brit476 You and I have gotten along much better this year. I see you did include my fav TYoung in the lineup. Lol.
The Unsung Hero: From A Dream to the Sky
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2012 at 2:43am
Originally posted by lilsmoothfan

Brit476 You and I have gotten along much better this year. I see you did include my fav TYoung in the lineup. Lol.

Young has showed improvement each year so far. I don't think we can do better then her she fits in with the team.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2012 at 4:40pm
I think The Sky is pretty much set at SF with Swin, TYoung and Petro. Petro needs get some confidence...she gets down when her shots don't fall.

With her ability Petro under-performed offensively but she did pick up her defense. She can drive, she has the moves...but she needs to be stronger mentally!

Google Chrome is terrible for message boards. I need to switch back to Firefox

Edited by T_Woodie - 28Sep2012 at 4:42pm
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2012 at 6:20pm
I have good luck with Chrome T W,. The red underlines are spelling errors lol. Anyway what trouble is it giving you?   edit if random errors are happening it's idc,s employers. Tried to democratize ideas to them. But they can prefer a tight politburo. In spite of good computers only coming out of the democracy of ideas(USA). It manly makes me mad to see ass covering taking preference over the greed to improve. 7 days of rest let me learn mercy for their self defeating incompetence. All good now.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 28Sep2012 at 6:25pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

I have good luck with Chrome T W,. The red underlines are spelling errors lol. Anyway what trouble is it giving you?   edit if random errors are happening it's idc,s employers. Tried to democratize ideas to them. But they can prefer a tight politburo. In spite of good computers only coming out of the democracy of ideas(USA). It manly makes me mad to see ass covering taking preference over the greed to improve. 7 days of rest let me learn mercy for their self defeating incompetence. All good now.

No real trouble. It's just that bolding, italics, links, etc are so much easier with Firefox.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version