Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Trades and Free Agency 2013 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Swish

Online Status: Offline
Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 08Oct2012 at 1:50pm
This is only a trade idea or suggestion. For everyone out there that is so in love with Skylar Diggins, I have a trade idea for YOU!
Chicago drafts EDD and then trades her to Tulsa for Glory Johnson and Diggins. Tulsa gets the scorer that they have always lusted after and Chicago gets a high quality point guard and a power forward that likes to bang inside for rebounds. This trade idea is only for you Diggins lovers out there. MY CHOICE is that the Sky pick EDD and keep her!

Edited by Swish - 08Oct2012 at 1:53pm

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 08Oct2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Swish

This is only a trade idea or suggestion. For everyone out there that is so in love with Skylar Diggins, I have a trade idea for YOU!
Chicago drafts EDD and then trades her to Tulsa for Glory Johnson and Diggins. Tulsa gets the scorer that they have always lusted after and Chicago gets a high quality point guard and a power forward that likes to bang inside for rebounds. This trade idea is only for you Diggins lovers out there. MY CHOICE is that the Sky pick EDD and keep her!

Word!!!

I want EDD...no trades! Keep her and find a backup PG and PF because I think Sloot will be even better this year however I can't see Lecoe as a backup PF.

I hope Pokey sees Lecoe is not what she was...too many TOs and not enough points. She was inconsistent.

Edited by T_Woodie - 08Oct2012 at 2:52pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 09Oct2012 at 2:45pm
Does anyone know how many "real" roster spots the Sky have next season?  We know Ticha is gone which makes 1.  Is anyone else a FA or on a non-guaranteed contract?  That will make a big difference in what we can do during the off-season. 
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 09Oct2012 at 6:14pm
   EDD has a video of her being roasted by a comedian at her school on her twitter feed. If she can get through that she can tough out a lot. Though the comedian teased her about from grade school up through college she never left Delaware.     I think a lot of our players could do what Swine did during this year and come back greatly improved. The Olympics got her determined and she made steady improvement ever since.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 09Oct2012 at 8:13pm
Good question, Fanbetty. Not sure how we can know. Seems that the WNBA doesn't disclose terms, right? Personally, I don't have any insider info.

Even if someone is signed, can't we trade them? Sure hope so.
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 09Oct2012 at 9:30pm
i'm gonna go with 1 and and a possible.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 10Oct2012 at 2:12pm
You can always trade a player- assuming someone wants them or you make it worth their while to take the problem off your hands.  We do have players with trade value (Syl, Piph, Young, Shay and even Sloot).  But we would want to move players like Riley and LeCoe and to do that would take a very 1 sided trade (like throwing in part of their salary and taking back a 3rd round draft pick) if you could find a taker.  Would hope our general manager is hard at work at her desk calling all other GM's in the league trying to free space.
While getting EDD would be a major upgrade at PF, we still need pieces to make our big move- like a back-up or starting PG.  If you only have 1 roster spot, you can't get both EDD and the PG spot improved!  That is what concerns me about this draft.  We have 2 contracted players at PF on the roster and only 1 PG.  I am squarely in the EDD camp, but I worry that it will go a different direction!
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 10Oct2012 at 11:57pm
I do not know all the rules or legal terms regarding WNBA contracts but I have noticed over the years veteran players that had contracts but were still waived from their teams. I do not know if teams can buy out a player's contract for half its worth or just cut them like NFL owners do with their players.

IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 11Oct2012 at 3:02pm
From my internet search, there are guaranteed and non-guaranteed WNBA contracts.  Most "regular" players have fully guaranteed contracts although in the case of multi-year contracts, there may be a mixture of guaranteed and non-guaranteed years (lets hope Riley has one of these). 
Non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed (for the remainder of the season) once a certain date about 1/3 of the season passes.  That is why you see cuts around the end of June, beginning of July and players signing 10 day deals.
Guaranteed contracts can be bought out, but money paid goes against the cap so it is just like the player is still there.  That's what the Sky did with Christon last year.  The move does free a roster spot.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 11Oct2012 at 3:05pm
I know WNBA contracts have clauses. There may be clauses in Lecoe & Riley's contracts giving each side options. Since we don't know those details, we have to wait and see.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version