Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Della Donne Wants The Sky!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Swish

Online Status: Offline
Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 24Oct2012 at 6:07pm
The best players in next year's draft are Griner, EDD, and Diggins. Those three should be drafted in that order. NOW, the only thing that could throw a monkey wrench into the order of things is Coach Gaines or Coach Pokey. If Coach Gaines does something stupid like draft EDD instead of Griner or if Coach Pokey drafts Diggins instead of EDD. Fans in Phoenix and Chicago will be calling for those coaches heads to roll if they were to make a dumb decision like that!
I do not want to discuss a Griner/Fowles post combo any more because I believe it would not work. What would work is for the Sky to get EDD and to use her skillset to spread the floor on offense. Vandersloot would have more than one option on offense besides force feeding Fowles.

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 24Oct2012 at 6:48pm
    EDD is a real cutey and maybe PHO would draft her off that reason. The rest of their team are all lookers. Sort of an alternative marketing agenda.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 10:00am
Originally posted by fanbetty

Maybe I am watching too much men's basketball where the PF is the high post and screens, plays pick and pop and frees the middle for the center by taking his man outside, but it seems like all effective PF shoot from 15-18'.  They also have to be able to drive, usually into traffic, without getting the ball stripped. 

I don't think Syl has either skill, but the thought of her being only single covered on the low post is exciting.  She will shoot 80% for all the games she does not have to face Tina Charles who is the only WNBA player who can play her 1 on 1.  On defense, I'm sure she would be able to handle the PF role.  However, I think this is all an exercise in futility because there is no way Phoenix does not draft Griner and my biggest fear is that we will draft Diggins. 

Like most of you, I believe Della Donne is the player who makes the Sky move to the next level.

Well...I guess Syl will have to show you she does have those skills.

If The Sky were to end up with Griner...Syl will show you!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 5:34pm
FINALLY! I have been trying to log onto this site all summer (and now fall) and was starting to think it was a members only club!   Can't wait to partake,
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 6:14pm
Welcome, Brett.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 7:08pm
   Glad you made it BBussan. Some websites have mean spammer filtering and I have been banned because I didn't answer a registration email from a site soon enough. Who knows your reason. Hope you keep connecting well.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 7:59pm
The way we see it, there is only 1 choice. Pho is taking BG without a doubt. We have a point who has shown tremendous growth through2 tumultuous seasons. Moreover, we have needed a 3 since Stacey Dales left. I think that has been our biggest short coming for several seasons. EDD will thrive at the 3.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 9:51pm
Quote from the Daily Herald:

But if for some reason the Mercury goes in another direction, watch out. The thought of Griner playing alongside 6-foot-6 Sky center Sylvia Fowles is enough to make one’s head explode. It would be the most formidable and intimidating frontcourt in WNBA history.

“I love that idea,” Fowles told me with a gigantic smile after the Sky’s season finale last weekend. “It would be like, ‘Pick your poison.’ They (defenses) couldn’t double or triple me anymore. I think we’d work well together.”

So does Sky coach and general manager Pokey Chatman, who told me this week that playing two centers at once might be a bit unconventional but that it could work given the unusual athleticism of both Fowles and Griner.

Edited by mavcarter - 25Oct2012 at 9:54pm
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 11:36pm
If Phoenix drafts EDD it will make the Phoenix fans very angry and all the fans of the Lynx, Silver Stars, Storm, and Sparks very happy!

Edited by Swish - 25Oct2012 at 11:37pm

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Swish

If Phoenix drafts EDD it will make the Phoenix fans very angry and all the fans of the Lynx, Silver Stars, Storm, and Sparks very happy!

Swish...I just wouldn't be so sure of that. I've said it before that Phoenix has always been a team that plays fast. That's the game their coach likes. EDD fits what they do...no one can deny that.

So now...the question is...what offense does Coach Gaines have in mind to run?

Keep in mind I'm not saying Griner doesn't fit, obviously she does...but she will slow the offense that Phoenix likes to run. Does Gaines adapt the offense OR does he opt for Della Donne? They would still have good size because they have:

6'5" Krystal Thomas

6'4" Nakia Sanford

6'4" Lynette Kizer.

When you add a 6'5" Della Donne to that group, you can still have good rebounding and a fast team. Then you still have Taurasi, Dupree, and Bonner.

It's not a far fetched idea for Gaines to consider Della Donne.

Edited by T_Woodie - 26Oct2012 at 4:00pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version