Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2012 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2012
Message Icon Topic: Della Donne Wants The Sky!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Well...I guess Syl will have to show you she does have those skills.

If The Sky were to end up with Griner...Syl will show you!

I don't think she'd get the chance, if the Sky draft Griner.  She'd get dealt before the season
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 5:15pm
   If she can show she's healthy and well skilled at drives and 15fters. Her trade value would go up I'd think. Shame if she had to be traded before the season.   If Syl gets truly healthy we would have traders remorse. As much as I've complained about Syl, I was not talking about the formidable healthy Syl.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by idchafee

I don't think she'd get the chance, if the Sky draft Griner.  She'd get dealt before the season

Just no! Griner will be a rookie and there's no way she comes into the WNBA performing at the level she did in college. I'ts a more physical game and Griner will not score like she did in college. All you need do is look at Cambage's 1st year. That will tell you Griner won't be much better on her own. With Syl, she becomes a weapon.

Syl is just too good and verastile to trade and she and Griner can easily coexist. When Griner goes out, Syl moves to center...that's the versatility she brings.

The player you *may* see traded is Swords...but definitely not Syl.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Ndour, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 6:03pm

You must've not read the article from the Daily Herald.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 9:11pm
   I thing EDD will set a precision shooting tone that will inspire all the non guards to up their shot to that level. If EP or another shooter went down EDD could easily sub. We are going to be unstoppable next year. The excitement will come when we pit that against the unmovable BG. Edge of the seat stuff.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 10:35pm
A healthy Chicago team could stack up against the mercury. Syl should be the only center when healthy who can contain her.   Unless of course the allow de Souza to play dirty against her like she does against Syl.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 26Oct2012 at 11:25pm
Speaking of playing dirty, I wonder if Griner's entrance into the league will cause a change in the league'sapproach to refereeing. I've always thought Syl has gotten a raw deal due to her incomparable strength and athleticism at that size. If they. Continue to allow dirty play on the bigs then it would be better to have EDD.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Oct2012 at 12:02am
    College women's refs new guidelines encourage not stopping the game for incidental contact and not using reviews unless necessary. All in the hopes of speeding the play pace.   Though new rules about any elbows segregated above the neck and below will also be enforced. If refereeing spreads from college to WNBA we might see the guidelines used also.   These hurt centers and help centers so I don't know what the net effect will be.   edit Another interesting rule is that anyone standing up, except for a short time after a shot, will get a warning and then a technical. Assistant coaches are not allowed to stand and the coach will be assessed a technical if they do. Getting off the bench when a fight breaks out will be assessed a technical to anyone who does it.     I don't know if that means 5 technicals at once. Probably 1 per incident of a group. Not clear on that part. Option to warn or if egregious directly penalize for standing.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 27Oct2012 at 12:09am
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 27Oct2012 at 12:08am
Originally posted by mavcarter

You must've not read the article from the Daily Herald.

I read it.  I never believe a word that coaches and GM's tell reporters before a draft, and I never ever believe a word they say about their current players.  What's she gonna say "oh man if we get Griner Sylvia is out of here."  Of course not.  But if they end up with Griner, other teams will be calling about Sylvia.  And if one of those teams has an offer that makes sense, the Sky will listen. 

I don't think it will come to that, because Phoenix would be stoned not to take Griner but if for whatever crazy reason it does, I could easily see the Sky trading Sylvia.  No one is untouchable.

I could also see them keeping Griner and Fowles.  It depends on what they're offered.

But no, no article in any paper is going to sway me one way or the other.  GM's routinely lie to reporters.  If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their job.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Oct2012 at 12:17am
    EDD is like super Sloot. I hope they team up cooperatively and all the politics are good. EDD has such a good personality it's hard to imagine otherwise. She is so charming I had to monitor myself from not sexually harassing, when I called her a cutey in an earlier post. She had used the same words about her parents in a photo on twitter(cuties). So I cleared legal lol.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 27Oct2012 at 12:18am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version