Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Great Suggestion Gino Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
fanbetty

Online Status: Offline
Quote fanbetty Replybullet Topic: Great Suggestion Gino
    Posted: 24Oct2012 at 10:13am
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8543879/geno-auriemma-uconn-huskies-coach-thinks-rims-lowered-women-basketball

I've said this all-along.  The interest level would increase if the basket came down to a point where players can have a real inside game.  The league and the colleges already have people like us as fans and we won't leave.  They have to attrack new fans to survive and no one seems to have any better suggestions (I don't think the bikini league will do the job of creating big interest in women's basketball)
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 24Oct2012 at 12:10pm
    Terrible idea. Title 9 does have a roll though. Moms spreading a mannerism that would come from being in sports themselves not happening is the reason "layups" are missed. In the WNBA finals the old easy layup was missed. Because the players were panicked about getting the ball blocked. Psyching themselves out. Something a roll model parent, with experience being cool under pressure during sports in their time, would of fixed.      Cool taking of the layup and drawing the foul or getting blocked is all that's needed. DON'T panic and just miss. I would never believe these women can't make a layup because they need 7 more inches of help.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 24Oct2012 at 1:26pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 24Oct2012 at 1:09pm
NO!!! The basket should stay at 10'.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 24Oct2012 at 1:29pm
    I think if the uniforms were bikinis. Men's basketball would be in serious trouble trying to compete. LOL.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 24Oct2012 at 3:40pm
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
skyguy44

Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 8:47am
I think I have to agree with Fanbetty here.  Whether it's hurdles, volleyball or other sports, concessions have been made.  And realistically, how could it hurt the game with fans?  We as supporters are clearly a minority and would the vast majority notice or care if they did?

It would be quite interesting to see what the difference in performance would be.  It likely can't won't happen in the W unless it also happens with FIBA.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 25Oct2012 at 3:00pm
   NCAA.com has interesting news about rule changes in the women's game this year. Does anyone know if the men and women in college use the same ball. I couldn't find out.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 27Oct2012 at 3:34pm
fanbetty, Gonzaga womens coach twitted his ideas on changes    "Kelly Graves ‏@kgzag
@click4mrh I like 24 sec clock, 8 sec back court, deeper 3pt line, wider court, among other things"   sounds like he wants more NBA aspects to the womens game.   A deeper 3 sounds like it would make a coaches job harder. But it would make the defense easier.

Edited by Jimmmy2 - 27Oct2012 at 3:36pm
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 27Oct2012 at 9:38pm
Keep the rim at 10"
"Above the rim" basketball is a lie and a fraud. Male professional basketball players play most of the game below the rim just like everyone else. How do women make better lay-ups? The same way they'd get to Carnegie Hall. Practice, practice, practice.  
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 29Oct2012 at 4:57pm

Watched an almost unwatchable college game yesterday at NU- 60 point blowout.  However, the topic in our section was the height of the rim.  We watched and counted as better than 75% of contested lay-ups were missed.  While it is better in the WNBA, it's not much better.  The reason men and boys make more lay-ups is because they jump higher and get closer to or above the rim when they release.  The women- even the 6'5" women- barely get to the bottom of the backboard.  Lower that hoop by a foot and the inside games become equal.  They reduced the size of the ball because women's hands were smaller, why not lower the rim because women are shorter and don't jump as high?

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 29Oct2012 at 7:21pm
    I am 5' 8" and what your saying in not true fanbetty. I stand by my first post as to why women miss nervous layups.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version