Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Draft Watch/WCBB Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 44 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 03Jan2013 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I am becoming concerned about Delle Donne. She always seems to have something going on - lyme disease or whatever. We don't need drama on the team. If we could get free agent forwards maybe we should go for Diggins. She is playing against excellent competition and hanging tough.

Delaware plays teams like Monmouth....I wonder if Delle Donne could get as many points as she does against Conn, ND, Tenn, Stanford....top tier teams. I think her points are inflated because of the competition Delaware has.

I wish we could sign a star forward who becomes a free agent and look at Diggins or possibly trading the pick.

Ok, I'll go back to my ski season now and will most likely not pop in again for a while.

Della Donne has proven she can Run with the big dawgs through the Olympic teams...she consistently played with the likes of Ogwumike and Glory Johnson...and she started.

In my mind she can play with anyone.

Until this lymes disease thing...Della Donne was a better pick than Griner to me and I worried about Phoenix taking her (I still do, but not as much). She still may be picked over Griner, depending on how she progresses and her prognosis for the future.

Delaware last played St. John's and Della Donne scored 29 in a 60-59 win.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 03Jan2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I am becoming concerned about Delle Donne. She always seems to have something going on - lyme disease or whatever. We don't need drama on the team. If we could get free agent forwards maybe we should go for Diggins. She is playing against excellent competition and hanging tough.

Delaware plays teams like Monmouth....I wonder if Delle Donne could get as many points as she does against Conn, ND, Tenn, Stanford....top tier teams. I think her points are inflated because of the competition Delaware has.

I wish we could sign a star forward who becomes a free agent and look at Diggins or possibly trading the pick.

Ok, I'll go back to my ski season now and will most likely not pop in again for a while.

Supposedly (from articles) Pokey was tight lip at the Sky coach annual Christmas party about who she's drafting. My only guess is she is going to be weighing her options all the way leading up to the draft. Considering free agents and trades are about to start. She probably feel the same way, depending on who she finds in free agency it could affect who we draft. Delle Donne is a phenomenal scorer, but I am concerned how this lyme disease is going to affect her playing.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 04Jan2013 at 1:33pm
I'm holding the phone on the LadyVols!!! These ladies are going to get better as this season progresses, and they will climb into the top 10!

I'm convinced the freshman Graves, along with sophomores Massengale and Harrison are really going to make a difference.

Junior Simmons has learned much more how to play under control.

STAND BY Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 04Jan2013 at 1:34pm
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 04Jan2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by cardman

Not that it really matters, but has anybody forgotten that Della Donne is a FLAKE?

You do realize that she was 18 when she made that decision?
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 05Jan2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by mavcarter

Originally posted by cardman

Not that it really matters, but has anybody forgotten that Della Donne is a FLAKE?

You do realize that she was 18 when she made that decision?

Not only that...but she also did it for family and personal reasons! She wanted to be there for her sister, and she was tired of basketball, so she stepped away from game.

That's better than burning out like some do. Now she's back to enjoying the game...and she plays with passion.

At this point it seems she made a good move.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 05Jan2013 at 9:38pm
Did anyone see Edd against st. Johns. She had 3-4 people swarm her every time she touched the ball. She looked gassed but muscled through. She has such a feel for the ball that it was like she was the only player rebounding on the court.

Talk of trading our pick, and Edd, for anybody else is pure lunacy. The only way to do that is if we get a franchise player the caliber of Parker, Moore, Catchings or Taurasi.   And even catchings and Taurasi as much as I heart them is not wise as they approach the latter portion of their careers.

Here's what happens: Edd comes to Chicago and starts at the three where we've been ailing for far too long and suddenly every sky member on the court has improved.. Add her to the Sky and we challenge Griner and Co for a wnba title.

If griner doesn't come to Chicago, then, as much as I heart pokey, she should be instantly fired.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 05Jan2013 at 9:44pm
As for T woodie, I think the lady vols are a top 10 team already. Being so young and the athletic ability they have I can see them moving up to 5 or 6. After seeing them at south Carolina I can see why holly lit into them after losing to Stanford!

There stock will go up if they can beat Georgia.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 06Jan2013 at 2:53am
We fans should not worry about Pokey picking any other player in the draft other than EDD. She is the second best player in this year's draft, PERIOD! Pokey wants to take this team to the playoffs NOW. That means that she has to make a choice to bring in the best talent to the team be it rookies or free agents that is going to help this team win now!
EDD has five months to regain her stamina and strength. Her potential is equal to Griner's potential at the next level. The last college basketball player that has EDD offensive skillset is Diana Taurausi.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 06Jan2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by BBussan

As for T woodie, I think the lady vols are a top 10 team already. Being so young and the athletic ability they have I can see them moving up to 5 or 6. After seeing them at south Carolina I can see why holly lit into them after losing to Stanford!

There stock will go up if they can beat Georgia.

Looking to the Georgia game today as a statement game! They can take the SEC if they continue to mesh with the youth. Taber came alive last game...Is she awake now?

I'll be watching the freshman Graves,  Jr Simmons, and soph Massengale with great interest today. Those three are main cogs with Soph Harrison anchoring the middle.

Meantime Notre Dame stung UConn yesterday in a great game. Skylar Diggns stock is down though.

@ Swish...EDD is the 2nd best at this point. Depending on how she progresses from this Lymes disease, she could be the best player.

I said this last year that I wasn't so sure Griner is the best player because EDD is definitely the most versatile. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 06Jan2013 at 10:23am
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 06Jan2013 at 4:45pm
1st, it is good to see people starting to talk sense about the draft. There is no other choice aside from EDD.

2d, Good win for UT today. Graves was great, Simmons played the most disciplined ball I've seen her play. And this all without much from Izzy who was awesome at SC.

Texas A&M looked really good against Arkansas from the few minutes I saw. Hope UT plays them at home

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 44 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version