Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Draft Watch/WCBB Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 44 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 06Jan2013 at 6:08pm
Yep BB...it looks as if Simmons has learned how to harness her skills, which speak to maturity! She is so quick with that first step...like a female James Worthy!!!

Definitely impressed with Graves...the girl plays like a Jr already...great composure!

Izzy was in foul trouble early...she has to learn not to pout when she's hit with a foul because you can see it affects her mental game.

Lastly Jasmine Jones was impressive too for a freshman...the girl has no fear!

Good victory...Warlick is putting her stamp on this team...though it's still kinda weird without Pat on the bench. To Pat's credit she stays clear so there's no 2nd guessing Warlick...this is definitely her team. Thumbs%20Up

The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 07Jan2013 at 2:02am
    I heard U Conn had a long hard workout just before the ND game. Might of been a mistake by the coach. Make that happen after the game if you need more fitness or are doing a punishment.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 10Jan2013 at 4:33am
I don't have a card game.  I'm a sports card collector,  Well, I was.  The only cards I'm collecting right now, and for the last three years, are WNBA cards...and memorabilia,  I'm working on completing all the sets.  In the end, I have three grand-daughters who might be very happy.  If they aren't, I've had a blast!!!
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 10Jan2013 at 9:09am
    I made good money off 1970s football cards. Forgot being a sports fan can also be an investment.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 10Jan2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Originally posted by mavcarter

Originally posted by cardman

Not that it really matters, but has anybody forgotten that Della Donne is a FLAKE?

You do realize that she was 18 when she made that decision?

Not only that...but she also did it for family and personal reasons! She wanted to be there for her sister, and she was tired of basketball, so she stepped away from game.

That's better than burning out like some do. Now she's back to enjoying the game...and she plays with passion.

At this point it seems she made a good move.
Well and good, but I cannot in good faith bring myself to believe that she's anything we would want to take a chance on.  I still bielieve that Greiner is going to PHX (look on ebay at all the Mercury stuff she's signing), and that we should trade the second pick for just about anybody you could name,
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 10Jan2013 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

I made good money off 1970s football cards. Forgot being a sports fan can also be an investment.
You got that right!!  It took me forever to save up for the 2011 set.  What ever happened to the nickel pack?  Gave my age away there, but it shows that collecting has turned into, as you said, investing.  Kids today can forget it.  Too bad.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Jan2013 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by mavcarter

Not that it really matters, but has anybody forgotten that Della Donne is a FLAKE?

You do realize that she was 18 when she made that decision?

Not only that...but she also did it for family and personal reasons! She wanted to be there for her sister, and she was tired of basketball, so she stepped away from game.

That's better than burning out like some do. Now she's back to enjoying the game...and she plays with passion.

At this point it seems she made a good move.
Well and good, but I cannot in good faith bring myself to believe that she's anything we would want to take a chance on.  I still bielieve that Greiner is going to PHX (look on ebay at all the Mercury stuff she's signing), and that we should trade the second pick for just about anybody you could name,

EDD has already expressed that she will go WNBA...she has also expressed her choice as Chicago.

It's likely Griner goes to The Mercury and EDD to The Sky. Get ready for it because Pokey will not pass on EDD.

I think she's the best player anyway.

Edited by T_Woodie - 10Jan2013 at 5:09pm
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 15Jan2013 at 5:14pm
LadyVols took a tough one from the Gators in FL. It was a big game for Simmons, who scored 27. Freshman Graves impressed again scoring 17, and she also clinched the game on the foul line.

LadyVols are now 9th ranked. Big game coming on 1/28 VS Notre Dame!
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 18Jan2013 at 12:56am
The LadyVols looked sharp against Auburn winning 75-66. Meighan

Simmons went off with 29pts, frshman Graves keeps looking strong with 7Pts and 11 Rebs, Sapni and Massengale also double figures.

This young team is coming together better each game...Thumbs%20Up big test coming against Notre Dame n 1/28.
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 21Jan2013 at 9:45am

The LadyVols looked sharp against Auburn winning 75-66. Meighan

Simmons went off with 29pts, frshman Graves keeps looking strong with 7Pts and 11 Rebs, Sapni and Massengale also double figures.

This young team is coming together better each game...Thumbs%20Up big test coming against Notre Dame n 1/28.

The Lady Vols had another good win against Alabama yesterday. Holly gave the bench a lot of playing time in the secon half (not that they have a very deep bench) but it gave several freshman quality minutes during the game.  This year the Lady Vols seem to start slow, but come on strong as the game progresses.

The Notre Dame game should be a good one. ND totally destroyed the Lady Vols in South Bend last year. ND goes to Knoxville  and I'd bet reminders of last years game are going to be used as motivation for the Lady Vols. 
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 44 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version