Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: The Della Donne Watch: Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 37 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Topic: The Della Donne Watch:
    Posted: 13Jan2013 at 3:33pm
As some have a concern with Della Donne's Lymes Disease situation I've decide to post her stats since she's been playing. I'll try to keep it up to date.
 She returned to playing on Nov 20 these are her game stats

11/20 Providence - Win 64-46: E. Donne 22 Pts, 8 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Blk

11/28 St Bonaventure -Win 68-58: EDD DNP

12/5 Rhode Island - Win 57-40:
EDD DNP

12/9 Princeton - Win 59-58: EDD DNP

12/20 Maryland - Loss 53-69:
E. Donne 19 Pts, 6 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 Blk

12/22 Monmouth - Win 82-53: E. Donne 30 Pts, 9 Reb, 2 Ast, 2 Blk

12/29 Villanova - Win 59-45: E. Donne 17 Pts, 12 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 Blk

12/30 Duqenese - Win 60-45:  E. Donne 23 Pts, 13 Reb, 1 Ast 4 Blk

1/2 St John's - Win 60-59 (OT): E Donne 29 Pts, 16 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 Blk

1/10 George Mason - Win 62-27: E Donne 19 Pts, 7 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl

TODAY - Old Dominion - Win 63-46: E Donne 28 Pts, 13 Reb, 1 Ast, 2 Stl, 5 Blk

EDD Season avg to date - 22.7 Pts

EDD is getting stronger each game, and is steadily being managed game to game.

Delaware is currently unranked.

Edited by T_Woodie - 13Jan2013 at 3:35pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 2:52pm
Some people on this board have stated their fears about EDD. Those people need to overcome their fears because EDD is playing over 30 minutes a game since she has come back from fighting her illness. She is getting stronger with each day and with each game. She only must be disciplined in taking her meds on a regular basis and this woman will be a superstar for the Sky!
Sit back and relax people. The fun ride will be begin very soon!

Edited by Swish - 19Jan2013 at 2:54pm

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 4:43pm
1/15 Delaware 76 NE 51

EDD: 19Pts, 7Reb, 2 Asst and 1 Stl in 33 mins play.

http://www.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=330150111
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 21Jan2013 at 1:51am
1/20 Delaware 76 Towson 44

EDD 38Pts, 3Reb 2Asst, 4 Stl 1Blk in 32 mins play

http://www.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=330200048
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 21Jan2013 at 9:29am
I watched the game on 1/15 against NE. EDD had a decent stat line, but I noticed she was often the last player down the court, she wasn't cutting and slashing to the basket or the ball like she was last season. Maybe it was by design to have her play, but not go 100% when she was on the court. 

I know every player has an off day, but that game just seem to be a low energy, low effort game for her. Hopefully I'll be able to watch a few more Delaware games and see that the NE game was the exception, not the rule for how her since being back on the court this season.
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 28Jan2013 at 8:15pm
I am not sold on EDD. After just watching Diggins rack up 33 points against Tennessee, ranked #9, I am not impressed by EDDs high point totals against teams that are not even ranked.

I think EDD will be a problem if we draft her. If we are going to pick between her and Diggins I would take Diggins. I'd rather sign free agent  Lindsay Harding and trade the draft pick and Sloot for two proven forwards. We need to win now, not build for the future.

Vickilz - is NE Northeastern? If so I thought that game was this week. I know they are in the Colonial Conference with Delaware. Northeastern is my alma mater, both undergrad and grad school. They were just starting women's basketball when I was got my last degree in 1982. I was hoping to watch that game but I guess I missed it.
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 28Jan2013 at 8:58pm
I would love for Harding to come to Chicago. There is no guarantee that she will.
Trading the #2 pick for some experienced forwards? The WNBA is a small league and most GMs/HC will not trade any high grade players that are in their prime for the #2 draft pick. You saw what we got last season for the #2 pick. We traded for the over the hill gang.

IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 29Jan2013 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I am not sold on EDD. After just watching Diggins rack up 33 points against Tennessee, ranked #9, I am not impressed by EDDs high point totals against teams that are not even ranked.

I think EDD will be a problem if we draft her. If we are going to pick between her and Diggins I would take Diggins. I'd rather sign free agent  Lindsay Harding and trade the draft pick and Sloot for two proven forwards. We need to win now, not build for the future.

Vickilz - is NE Northeastern? If so I thought that game was this week. I know they are in the Colonial Conference with Delaware. Northeastern is my alma mater, both undergrad and grad school. They were just starting women's basketball when I was got my last degree in 1982. I was hoping to watch that game but I guess I missed it.

Yes, NE is Northeastern. The game I watched was on Jan. 15. They were playing at NE. They play again tonight Jan 29 at Delaware.

Edited by vickilz - 29Jan2013 at 2:50pm
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 29Jan2013 at 3:00pm

The year Pokey drafted Sloot, everyone was saying we needed a "big" to help Syl. I don't recall anyone making the case for a pg that season. Pokey surprised a lot of people with her pick that year.

Last year she traded the draft pick for Swin and LeCoe.

This year most people already have EDD in a Sky uniform. While I think she would be a good fit and a lot of help for the Sky, it's hard to predict what Pokey will do.

The #2 pick should be an immediate impact player for the team. If EDD is not a part of the Sky this season, I hope it's because Pokey worked out a blockbuster deal bringing high caliber impact players to the Sky.

IP IP Logged
Rhino

Quote Rhino Replybullet Posted: 29Jan2013 at 4:12pm
This choice is too evident of what the sky needs are, they have been guard-hunting & ignoring their most pressing need for a scoring/rebounding PF. For far too long, armintie prince, Kristie tolliver, Epiphany prince, (thank God). Courtney V. not to mention signing ticha penicheiro, I don't grade players due to setbacks, illness, controversial, Jerome bettis enjoyed a long successful career playing with asthma, venis Williams is doing pretty good playing with her illness, they has nothing to lose & everything to gain drafting Elena, jay Cutler is doing well playing with diabetes, any player that feels challenged because of illness or lack of size takes it personal and uses it as extra motivation, with Elena I believe its more stamina & conditioning for her, she'll be fine.

Edited by Rhino - 29Jan2013 at 4:31pm
War is meant for the strong. Adversity can destroy you. but endurance bare witness that I won the battle.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version