Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: The Della Donne Watch: Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 29Jan2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by vickilz

The year Pokey drafted Sloot, everyone was saying we needed a "big" to help Syl. I don't recall anyone making the case for a pg that season. Pokey surprised a lot of people with her pick that year.

Last year she traded the draft pick for Swin and LeCoe.

This year most people already have EDD in a Sky uniform. While I think she would be a good fit and a lot of help for the Sky, it's hard to predict what Pokey will do.

The #2 pick should be an immediate impact player for the team. If EDD is not a part of the Sky this season, I hope it's because Pokey worked out a blockbuster deal bringing high caliber impact players to the Sky.

Not when this team needs a PF! They've needed that since Dupree left.

Pokey will not pass on Della Donne!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 29Jan2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by vickilz

Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I am not sold on EDD. After just watching Diggins rack up 33 points against Tennessee, ranked #9, I am not impressed by EDDs high point totals against teams that are not even ranked.

I think EDD will be a problem if we draft her. If we are going to pick between her and Diggins I would take Diggins. I'd rather sign free agent  Lindsay Harding and trade the draft pick and Sloot for two proven forwards. We need to win now, not build for the future.

Vickilz - is NE Northeastern? If so I thought that game was this week. I know they are in the Colonial Conference with Delaware. Northeastern is my alma mater, both undergrad and grad school. They were just starting women's basketball when I was got my last degree in 1982. I was hoping to watch that game but I guess I missed it.

Yes, NE is Northeastern. The game I watched was on Jan. 15. They were playing at NE. They play again tonight Jan 29 at Delaware.

I just watched the Delaware game vs my alma mater, Northeastern University in Boston. Delaware stomped all over NU, but NU and the Colonial AA in general are weaker teams.

Yes, EDD can shoot. But she does not have to deal with any real defense! She is not playing against top 10 teams! If you put some of the stars of the top 10 teams in the CAA they would have high point totals too!

I am just not sold on EDD. I think if Pokey drafts her we are in trouble. Then again Pokey is busy in Russia and is probably not thinking about the Sky at all....another issue Sky Mgmt needs to deal with.

Sigh. I love the Sky but am tired of losing every year. They better think long and hard about what they plan to do next year. I will be there in Section 110 cheering no matter what they do but I hope I am a little more happy with what I see.

Edited by Sec113Maven - 29Jan2013 at 7:40pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 29Jan2013 at 11:24pm
During her senior year in high school Elena Delle Donne was recognized as the Number One player coming out of high school in 2008.
She was recruited to go to UCONN. Geno does not recruit mediocre players but the best talented high school players in the country.
During the summer of 2011 she played for USA Basketball team in the World University Games. The team went undefeated and won the Gold medal. She averaged the most points and the most rebounds for Team USA. She was recognized by her peers as being the BEST PLAYER on that team. The team was comprised of Diggins, Sims, Glory Johnson, and last year's WNBA rookie of the year, Nneka Ogwumike and many more great players.

This woman has shown that she has overcome her illness by her current production on the court.
My perception of the doubters out there is that she is being punished for NOT staying at UCONN and playing for Delaware. It is not her fault that ESPN does not televise her games. The few times that her school did play some of the BIG NAME SCHOOLS she still put up monster points. What else do want from her? Do want her to walk on water too?

Edited by Swish - 29Jan2013 at 11:25pm

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 30Jan2013 at 9:58am
     Swish I think you win the argument, that is an amazing resume.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 30Jan2013 at 1:24pm
EDD's last 2 games:

Delaware 65 Drexel 56

EDD played 40 mins - 24Pts, 6Reb, 1Asst, 1Stl, 3Blks

http://www.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=330272182

Delaware 77 NE 50

EDD played 25 mins - 26Pts, 5Reb, 1Asst, 3Stls,

http://www.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=330290048

IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 31Jan2013 at 8:40am
For the entire season ESPN has been advertising the THREE TO WATCH campaign about Griner,Diggins,and EDD. I know that Delaware will make the NCAA tournament. I just hope that the team is place in a bracket where they will play a top ten team. Even though I do not believe Delaware can beat a top ten team I do believe that EDD will have a monster game. Maybe after that game her detractors complaints about her playing against weak competition will be put to rest.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 02Feb2013 at 9:36pm
Delaware demolished Georgia St 70-38

EDD 26 mins, 25Pts, 6Reb, 2Asst, 1Stl, 2Blk
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 03Feb2013 at 7:27am
One thing I can say about Elena Delle Donne is she is a hell of a scorer. I wish she would've played at Connecticut though so we could have seen her against stiffer competition.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 03Feb2013 at 10:02am
She has played against stiffer competition. She played in the World University Games recently. Her teammates were the best players in college basketball. She played against them in practice every day. Her teammates acknowledge that she was the BEST PLAYER on the team.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 03Feb2013 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Swish

She has played against stiffer competition. She played in the World University Games recently. Her teammates were the best players in college basketball. She played against them in practice every day. Her teammates acknowledge that she was the BEST PLAYER on the team.

I second that! EDD can play with anybody...ask the Ogwumike sisters, Skylar Diggins, Devereaux Peters, and Glory Johnson. That's who she played with!

Here's  link: http://www.usabasketball.com/womens/worlduniversity/2011_usa_basketball_womens_wo_2011_08_03.html

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version