Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: The Della Donne Watch: Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Swish

Would all of you negative people be satisfied if Delle Donne played a top ten team in the NCAA tournament and scored thirty plus points against them? I really hope that happens this year. But I already know how you guys would respond to that. If Delaware plays a top ten team in the tournament and Delle Donne scores a lot of points but her team still loses you guys would still say that she is not any good!
Everything has to line up correctly for her to excell.  Her family needs to be around her to hold her hand through every bad thing that might happen in life.  This is the sign of immaturity and mental weakness...and before anybody gets all upset about my lack of sensativity, I am just noting that if you add the preasures of playing in the WNBA to the equation, you will have problems.  I do not doubt or discount her talent, I just think talent will not over-ride her issues.
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by cardman

Everything has to line up correctly for her to excell.  Her family needs to be around her to hold her hand through every bad thing that might happen in life.  This is the sign of immaturity and mental weakness...and before anybody gets all upset about my lack of sensativity, I am just noting that if you add the preasures of playing in the WNBA to the equation, you will have problems.  I do not doubt or discount her talent, I just think talent will not over-ride her issues.

Wow. I've seen some pretty disturbing comments, but this is at the top.. Shocked
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 2:13pm
I'm hoping all this talk about doing anything other than taking Della Donne is like the idiots who wanted the Bulls to draft Michael Beasley over Derrick Rose.  I held my breath until the official word came out on that draft night while we sat in line to get in the parking lot of the Pavilion for a Sky game.  SF, PF, SG...whatever.  She is a future WNBA star and passing on her would be a major error.

Langhorne for the #2 pick in a historic draft?  Maybe we can throw in Syl and Piph for their 3rd round pick.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 4:12pm
Wow, it's been a long time since I peeked in here, and it's somewhat annoying yet laughable. Fanbetty, thank you for trying to maintain some sanity.

EDD detractors, have you watched her play in theColonial or any game? She gets the ball inside the arc and 3 people swarm her. This includes st. John's at st john's. The same team that was very competitive against Uconn

Diggins had a good game against a team that everyone sees an opportunity against in a temporarily depleted powerhouse in Tennessee. Every team that plays them has someone who has a career night for the past 4 years. However, Did u see the beat down skylar took on her own court against odyssey sims? She showed a lot of shortcomings in that game including maturity.

Trading EDD for crystal langhorne is just dumb.

Adding EDD to the team is not looking to the future it is looking to fix the sky now.

Edited by BBussan - 07Feb2013 at 4:14pm
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by fanbetty

I'm hoping all this talk about doing anything other than taking Della Donne is like the idiots who wanted the Bulls to draft Michael Beasley over Derrick Rose.  I held my breath until the official word came out on that draft night while we sat in line to get in the parking lot of the Pavilion for a Sky game.  SF, PF, SG...whatever.  She is a future WNBA star and passing on her would be a major error.

Langhorne for the #2 pick in a historic draft?  Maybe we can throw in Syl and Piph for their 3rd round pick.

LOL LOL LOL 

Thumbs%20Up               
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 5:18pm

Would all of you negative people be satisfied if Delle Donne played a top ten team in the NCAA tournament and scored thirty plus points against them? I really hope that happens this year. But I already know how you guys would respond to that. If Delaware plays a top ten team in the tournament and Delle Donne scores a lot of points but her team still loses you guys would still say that she is not any good!

Cardman, this is absolutely a bogus comment! You want to look back at a 17yo teen, who's burned out on basketball, and wants to be near her disabled sister whom she misses. That was 3 years ago!

If you know anything about life 3 years for a teen is a lot of growth!!! To even want to allege that Della Donne will do the same is grasping at straws.

I give her credit for stepping away for the game and putting family over fame.

Here she is 3 years later and she's a lot more mature, has re-discovered her game, and a case could be made that she's just as valuable a pick as Griner.

I don't know this to be the case...but if you don't like Della Donne, just say so. It's ok.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 7:00pm
   I thought the weak team would hurt EDD's comparison to others but triple teaming can let her excel in tough challenges. The NCAA tournament is when all the players will have to show there true grit. Hard to know until then.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 07Feb2013 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by BBussan

Trading EDD for crystal langhorne is just stupid

It's funny that most mystics fans feel the same way

I think the trade works for both teams if CHI is looking for a quality PF and WAS is looking for that long term franchise player, plus they'd still have #4 to pick up Hawkins.

IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 08Feb2013 at 5:49am
Originally posted by mavcarter

Wow. I've seen some pretty disturbing comments, but this is at the top.. Shocked
I don't find it disturbing at all, just blunt.  The thought process runs all through the thread, just dressed up or danced around.  This has been my thought process since she left UCONN, and I never believed she would ever be given such a high rating as concerning the draft.  In fact, I didn't think she would be given any consideration at all.  I was wrong in that assumption, and freely admit it.  However I stand on my comment.  If I am proven wrong, I will come back on these boards, and admit it, AND apologize for a rush to judgement.
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 08Feb2013 at 5:55am
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Cardman, this is absolutely a bogus comment! You want to look back at a 17yo teen, who's burned out on basketball, and wants to be near her disabled sister whom she misses. That was 3 years ago!

If you know anything about life 3 years for a teen is a lot of growth!!! To even want to allege that Della Donne will do the same is grasping at straws.

I give her credit for stepping away for the game and putting family over fame.

Here she is 3 years later and she's a lot more mature, has re-discovered her game, and a case could be made that she's just as valuable a pick as Griner.

I don't know this to be the case...but if you don't like Della Donne, just say so. It's ok.
T_Woodie, I don't like Della Donne, on The Sky or any other team.  Read my response to mavcarter.  As I said, if I am wrong, I will admit it.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version