Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: The Della Donne Watch: Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 08Feb2013 at 11:32am
Get ready to admit it then! If Phoenix doesn't take her The Sky will.

Jeff House was just blowing smoke in his "Hoops with House"...Della Donne is THE focus.

I think the main question is what happens with Swords, Riley, and Willingham...because in my view those players my not remain.

Swords - Because teams need a center help

Riley - She could stay if EDD comes because she would be  back up

Willingham - No way she stays.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 1:30am
Delaware 77 Towson 55

EDD: 29mins, 19Pts, 11Rebs, 2Asst, 3Blks

http://www.espn.go.com/ncw/boxscore?gameId=330380119

IP IP Logged
skyguy44

Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 8:50am
2013 could be a great year. Fanbetty and I are already in agreement. Cardman should divulge his real identity: Mike Thibault.

The hand wringing over the mindset of EDD is silly.

She may not always play the best competition, but she faces double and triple teams every night. She won't see that in the W.
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by skyguy44

2013 could be a great year. Fanbetty and I are already in agreement. Cardman should divulge his real identity: Mike Thibault.

The hand wringing over the mindset of EDD is silly.
Does that mean you wouldn't dislike my comment if I was Thibault?  LOL  The truth is, no-one would have minded my thoughts, if I had said it in a 'roundabout way. 
I may be blunt and rude, but I'm a realist.  Training camps are full of players who can't stay focused on the task at hand...making a team, WINNING games, and WINNING Championships.  Real concern is not hand wringing.
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by cardman

I don't find it disturbing at all, just blunt.  The thought process runs all through the thread, just dressed up or danced around.  This has been my thought process since she left UCONN, and I never believed she would ever be given such a high rating as concerning the draft.  In fact, I didn't think she would be given any consideration at all.  I was wrong in that assumption, and freely admit it.  However I stand on my comment.  If I am proven wrong, I will come back on these boards, and admit it, AND apologize for a rush to judgement.

Your comment comes off as ignoring the fact that she has a sister who is deaf, blind, has cerebral palsy, and autism. It comes off as someone who is rude and straight up insensitive.
IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 1:21pm
   No doubt EDD is very good. But just to keep an open mind like cardman is getting at, Tinkle of Stanford is similar to EDD and worth at least looking at.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Jimmmy2

No doubt EDD is very good. But just to keep an open mind like cardman is getting at, Tinkle of Stanford is similar to EDD and worth at least looking at.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

It's not even close Jimmy. EDD is way better. This stuff is just mind boggling.

EDD has played at Delaware, and yes it's a weak conference.

So many focus on that, but ignore that she's played and praticed against the best players in the USA! Where has Tinkle been on that list? She's a nice player but can't Rival EDD.

Look at this list of the team EDD played with and the scoring avg:

http://www.usabasketball.com/misc/11_wwug_stats_usa.pdf

It just aint close...EDD is superior! Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 09Feb2013 at 1:43pm
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by mavcarter

I don't find it disturbing at all, just blunt.  The thought process runs all through the thread, just dressed up or danced around.  This has been my thought process since she left UCONN, and I never believed she would ever be given such a high rating as concerning the draft.  In fact, I didn't think she would be given any consideration at all.  I was wrong in that assumption, and freely admit it.  However I stand on my comment.  If I am proven wrong, I will come back on these boards, and admit it, AND apologize for a rush to judgement.

Your comment comes off as ignoring the fact that she has a sister who is deaf, blind, has cerebral palsy, and autism. It comes off as someone who is rude and straight up insensitive.
And I say again, if I had dressed it up, and danced around it, you wouldn't have given it another thought.  Blunt?  You bet!  Rude?  Yup!  Insensative?  Don't bet on it.  This is about WINNING.  It's about being able to focus on that goal.  I am well aware of her sister's health problems.  My wife has enough health issues for three people, and I still have to go to work and perform (and no, I am not looking for your sympathy).  There is preasure where I work, but not near the preasure of playing well enough to maintain a roster spot, and dealing with the attitudes of the coaches and players who may get iritated at lapses in concentration, and the mood swings of the fans, who can forget at the drop of a hat, that they loved you yesterday.  That's an awful lot of preasure for a kid, and that's basicly what she is, a kid.  Now add her family concerns to this mix.  I am concerned about her ability to fully focus on the task at hand, or to be able at least, to compartmentalize the two things.  And compartmentalization can be a danger in itself.  Now, I would rather just be blunt and rude, and believe that people would recognize their own concerns without the gloss they put on it.  I type too slow for all this niceness.
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 2:44pm

Now add her family concerns to this mix.  I am concerned about her ability to fully focus on the task at hand, or to be able at least, to compartmentalize the two things.

And with all those concerns she's #2 in the nation in scoring.
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by mavcarter

Now add her family concerns to this mix.  I am concerned about her ability to fully focus on the task at hand, or to be able at least, to compartmentalize the two things.

And with all those concerns she's #2 in the nation in scoring.
OK, and she is still in Deleware.  I am refering to playing in the W, you know, CHI, PHX, away from home.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version