Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: The Della Donne Watch: Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by cardman

Originally posted by mavcarter

Now add her family concerns to this mix.  I am concerned about her ability to fully focus on the task at hand, or to be able at least, to compartmentalize the two things.

And with all those concerns she's #2 in the nation in scoring.
OK, and she is still in Deleware.  I am refering to playing in the W, you know, CHI, PHX, away from home.

Long ago EDD stated she favors playing for Chicago...she thinks that's the best fit for her...AND I AGREE!!! Thumbs%20Up
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Now add her family concerns to this mix.  I am concerned about her ability to fully focus on the task at hand, or to be able at least, to compartmentalize the two things.

OK, and she is still in Deleware.  I am refering to playing in the W, you know, CHI, PHX, away from home.

Long ago EDD stated she favors playing for Chicago...she thinks that's the best fit for her...AND I AGREE!!! Thumbs%20Up

I think that comment was pretty calculated.  You don't think she'd rather play for WAS?
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Shades

I think that comment was pretty calculated.  You don't think she'd rather play for WAS?
The Mystics would be my best guess also.  The Langhorn trade is a real possibility.  Of course, we should get something more.

IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 09Feb2013 at 8:35pm
Here's a trick shot from the UD squad.  That's Delle Donne shooting the NBA three.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_pWq-tCBQ

Edited by Shades - 09Feb2013 at 8:44pm
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 10:15am

Actually it wasn't...it was just the reality of the top picks. EDD realizes she's gone by the 2nd pick.

She basically is saying she doesn't want to go west...and of those who could draft her, she prefers Chicago.

Edited by T_Woodie - 10Feb2013 at 10:15am
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 10:24am
This is a great video of Delle Donne getting interview recently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_PlsIc57xA

Very humble person!

EDIT: She also compares her self to Kevin Durant. Her and Piph would make a deadly combo from the outside.

Edited by brit479 - 10Feb2013 at 10:31am
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 12:25pm

Actually it wasn't...it was just the reality of the top picks. EDD realizes she's gone by the 2nd pick.She basically is saying she doesn't want to go west...and of those who could draft her, she prefers Chicago.

That's exactly what I meant by "calculated". She'd much rather play for WAS or maybe even NYL, but instead she picked the team who she thinks she's going to.
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 2:12pm

So who do you suggest the Sky take?
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 2:36pm

Actually it wasn't...it was just the reality of the top picks. EDD realizes she's gone by the 2nd pick.She basically is saying she doesn't want to go west...and of those who could draft her, she prefers Chicago.

That's exactly what I meant by "calculated". She'd much rather play for WAS or maybe even NYL, but instead she picked the team who she thinks she's going to.

That's highly likely...however let's not cast aside that you come into the WNBA by draft. So it's not as "calculated as you imply...it's dealing with the reality of the draft and where it puts you...because if Phoenix were to take Della Donne, guess where she'll play...IN PHOENIX! Thumbs%20Up
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 6:16pm

That's highly likely...however let's not cast aside that you come into the WNBA by draft. So it's not as "calculated as you imply...it's dealing with the reality of the draft and where it puts you...because if Phoenix were to take Della Donne, guess where she'll play...IN PHOENIX! Thumbs%20Up

She's smart enough to know she's not going #1 Wink
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version