Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: The Della Donne Watch: Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Shades

Originally posted by T_Woodie

I think that comment was pretty calculated.  You don't think she'd rather play for WAS?
Actually it wasn't...it was just the reality of the top picks. EDD realizes she's gone by the 2nd pick.She basically is saying she doesn't want to go west...and of those who could draft her, she prefers Chicago.

That's exactly what I meant by "calculated". She'd much rather play for WAS or maybe even NYL, but instead she picked the team who she thinks she's going to.

That's highly likely...however let's not cast aside that you come into the WNBA by draft. So it's not as "calculated as you imply...it's dealing with the reality of the draft and where it puts you...because if Phoenix were to take Della Donne, guess where she'll play...IN PHOENIX! Thumbs%20Up

She's smart enough to know she's not going #1 Wink

Probably not...but I wouldn't be so sure.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 8:06pm

I think that comment was pretty calculated.  You don't think she'd rather play for WAS?
Actually it wasn't...it was just the reality of the top picks. EDD realizes she's gone by the 2nd pick.She basically is saying she doesn't want to go west...and of those who could draft her, she prefers Chicago.

That's exactly what I meant by "calculated". She'd much rather play for WAS or maybe even NYL, but instead she picked the team who she thinks she's going to.

That's highly likely...however let's not cast aside that you come into the WNBA by draft. So it's not as "calculated as you imply...it's dealing with the reality of the draft and where it puts you...because if Phoenix were to take Della Donne, guess where she'll play...IN PHOENIX! Thumbs%20Up

She's smart enough to know she's not going #1 Wink

Probably not...but I wouldn't be so sure.

I would bet everything I own on it. ESPN is betting big on PHX drafting Griner too. Center has been PHX's weakest position for years now, and now they'll be getting the best center in the world to go along with the best SG in the world and one of the best SF's in the world  and the best 6th man in the league.

They just have to worry that Griner won't do anything unexpected like she did when she didn't want to join Team USA for the Olympics. Is PHX "wringing their hands" worrying about that? Probably not.

Edited by Shades - 10Feb2013 at 8:13pm
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by mavcarter

Originally posted by cardman

OK, and she is still in Deleware.  I am refering to playing in the W, you know, CHI, PHX, away from home.

So who do you suggest the Sky take?
Trade the pick to the Mystics for Langhorne and Izzie or Quinn or a draft pick.  We're good at guard (unless we could have gotten Latta to replace Shay), and this way you could get a replacement for LeCoe.  The only problem with Izzie, is that she's a bit feisty, and that might not be a bad thing.  Her only real problem in THE ATL, was Marynell. 
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 10:56pm

OK, and she is still in Deleware.  I am refering to playing in the W, you know, CHI, PHX, away from home.

Trade the pick to the Mystics for Langhorne and Izzie or Quinn or a draft pick.  We're good at guard (unless we could have gotten Latta to replace Shay), and this way you could get a replacement for LeCoe.  The only problem with Izzie, is that she's a bit feisty, and that might not be a bad thing.  Her only real problem in THE ATL, was Marynell. 

That's looney! LOL

You take EDD and don't look back. Willingham is an UFA you will probably never see her in a Sky uni again!

Sky Starting 5:
Sloot
EP
Big Syl
EDD
Swin

That 5 can run with anybody! Thumbs%20Up

IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 10Feb2013 at 11:18pm

That's looney! LOL

You take EDD and don't look back. Willingham is an UFA you will probably never see her in a Sky uni again!

Sky Starting 5:
Sloot
EP
Big Syl
EDD
Swin

LeCoe is UFA, and not coming back, and I like Langhorne or Izzie in the spot.   
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 11Feb2013 at 1:39am

That's looney! LOL

Sky Starting 5:
Sloot
EP
Big Syl
EDD
Swin

LeCoe is UFA, and not coming back, and I like Langhorne or Izzie in the spot.   

I can respect that...but neither are worth EDD! EDD is a franchise! I can live with Riley as EDD's backup. Langhorne's skillset isn't even close to what EDD brings to the table.

I would also like to see Pokey give Felicia Chester another shot at it. I felt she made the team over Willingham last year.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 11Feb2013 at 1:47am
Delaware 71 James Madison 64

EDD: 40 mins, 20Pts, 10 Rebs, 3 Asst, 2Blks

EDD became the CAA all time leading scorer. Clap
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 11Feb2013 at 11:31am

Langhorne's skillset isn't even close to what EDD brings to the table.

If you're talking strictly the PF position, I would say that Langhorne is better. I think the Sky would start out making EDD an SF and putting Cash or whoever as the PF, which wouldn't be terrible. Pokey has always said that the team's greatest need is a scoring SF, which describes Delle Donne perfectly.

I would also like to see Pokey give Felicia Chester another shot at it. I felt she made the team over Willingham last year.

When you make comments like this, it makes it seem like you just like rookies and maybe that is clouding your judgement on making the best decisions for the team.

Edited by Shades - 11Feb2013 at 11:33am
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 11Feb2013 at 12:40pm

Langhorne's skillset isn't even close to what EDD brings to the table.

If you're talking strictly the PF position, I would say that Langhorne is better. I think the Sky would start out making EDD an SF and putting Cash or whoever as the PF, which wouldn't be terrible. Pokey has always said that the team's greatest need is a scoring SF, which describes Delle Donne perfectly.

When you get it that EDD is a "hybrid player"...like Candace Parker...you realize the versatility that EDD will bring. Langhorne is a better PF...EDD is the better PLAYER...there's a difference. Thumbs%20Up

EDD will present problems offensively because she will take most PFs with her quickness, but she will dominate most SFs, and be to quick at C (when Sky goes small)

Swin Cash is 6' 1" she's not a PF at all. She will play SF.

EDD will be in at PF but with her skill set she will be able to play anywhere on the front line effectively

When you make comments like this, it makes it seem like you just like rookies and maybe that is clouding your judgement on making the best decisions for the team.

Hardly the case. Chester was given a camp contract, and I just think Chester made the team...it was an issue as the roster was cut last year and many of us felt Chester made the team over Willingham. Don't read too much into it.

Edited by T_Woodie - 11Feb2013 at 12:48pm
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 11Feb2013 at 1:00pm

EDD will be in at PF but with her skill set she will be able to play anywhere on the front line effectively.

I think Shades was saying that Delle Donne will be used as a SF on offense, and then guard the PF position.

many of us felt Chester made the team over Willingham. Don't read too much into it.

Really? Who were these people? Willingham's contract ruined any chance of Chester making the team, she would've had to beat out Swords.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version