Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Free Agents Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 30 Next >>
Swish

Online Status: Offline
Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 18Jan2013 at 8:31pm
The 2012 salary cap was $878,000 dollars. That means that every team in the WNBA including the Sky could afford to pay seven players maximum salaries and have change left over to play several rookie contract. The Sky should not have any salary cap problems as long as they get rid of their dead weight and get productive players.

TWoodie, all of the players that you listed are not point guards. I do like Julie Wojta but she is not a point guard.

Edited by Swish - 18Jan2013 at 8:41pm

IP IP Logged
lilsmoothfan

Quote lilsmoothfan Replybullet Posted: 18Jan2013 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Swish

You have misintepret my post,lilsmoothfan. I was not suggesting that the Sky try to sign Larkins. I want the Sky to go after American players that are playing in Europe right now, that WANT to play in the WNBA.

I do not desire for the Sky to go after European players because history has shown that they have commitment problems. Meaning they have problems committing to the WNBA.

Oh I. Know Swish. I was just saying that I know Indy coach was gonna get Larkins back. She was great during the playoffs.
The Unsung Hero: From A Dream to the Sky
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 18Jan2013 at 11:47pm

The 2012 salary cap was $878,000 dollars. That means that every team in the WNBA including the Sky could afford to pay seven players maximum salaries and have change left over to play several rookie contract. The Sky should not have any salary cap problems as long as they get rid of their dead weight and get productive players.

TWoodie, all of the players that you listed are not point guards. I do like Julie Wojta but she is not a point guard.

Good point on the cap Swish.

As far as those players, I know! That's because we already know EP can play PG. Of those I listed I know Quinn, Hodges, and Lucas can and have played PG.

I think The Dream resigns Harding because they have a playoff team already...why lose her?

I don't like that the better PGs in free agency are the short ones...they  are:

T Johnson and Latta.

But I have another idea, I noticed Jia is a UFA...Bring Jia Perkins back! Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 18Jan2013 at 11:49pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 3:17am
There are pro players overseas that have been playing point guard for their teams that would be great candidates to be point guards for the Sky. Do not just focus on players that are on the WNBA free agent list. There are other players out there with good assist to turnover ratios that the Sky should consider bringing to camp and give them a look. One person is Ashley Shields. She is in Israel right now and she has a great assist to turnover ratio and she shoots the ball with a great FG% also.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 4:31pm

There are pro players overseas that have been playing point guard for their teams that would be great candidates to be point guards for the Sky. Do not just focus on players that are on the WNBA free agent list. There are other players out there with good assist to turnover ratios that the Sky should consider bringing to camp and give them a look. One person is Ashley Shields. She is in Israel right now and she has a great assist to turnover ratio and she shoots the ball with a great FG% also.

Yeah Swish, but Israel lags behind on the women's pro circuit! So it's not unusual to see WNBA mediocre players blossom playing in Israel.

They are not like Euro-league because they have roster restrictions limiting foreign players on the roster.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 5:05pm
Ashley Shields is just one example. There are other point guards out there besides her. Sydney Colson is another point worth checking out. The Sky should be focusing on experienced point guards to recruit to play for the Sky. I do not want to take a chance on guards that are shooting guards and have no experience at running a pro team.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 10:35pm

Ashley Shields is just one example. There are other point guards out there besides her. Sydney Colson is another point worth checking out. The Sky should be focusing on experienced point guards to recruit to play for the Sky. I do not want to take a chance on guards that are shooting guards and have no experience at running a pro team.

Bring Jia back...problem solved.
IP IP Logged
cardman
Groupie
Groupie

Quote cardman Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Good point on the cap Swish.

As far as those players, I know! That's because we already know EP can play PG. Of those I listed I know Quinn, Hodges, and Lucas can and have played PG.

I think The Dream resigns Harding because they have a playoff team already...why lose her?

I don't like that the better PGs in free agency are the short ones...they  are:

T Johnson and Latta.

But I have another idea, I noticed Jia is a UFA...Bring Jia Perkins back! Thumbs%20Up
We should get Ivory.  That girl can flat bring fire, as she has since her days at NC.  High intensity and treys!!
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 20Jan2013 at 12:08am
TWoodie, Perkins is a good guard but a point guard she is not!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 20Jan2013 at 11:31am

TWoodie, Perkins is a good guard but a point guard she is not!

She ran it pretty good for The Sky when she was here...even made the All-Star team.

The SASS backed up Hammon with Jia. I think they don't sign her back though because that need a center and they have too many who can play PG.

They beauty of Jia (in my book), is we know she can play SG and PG though she prefers SG.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 30 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version