Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: A look to the Sky future Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Shades

Online Status: Offline
Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Elijah

Instead of wasting time on zoll & quigley, the sky after drafting delle Donne, should package their 28th pick and next years 3rd rounder for Minnesota's 2nd rounder and select A'dia mathies out of Kentucky, she could play either guard position, she could backup Courtney or prince, we'll still have Murphy to sub for prince, mathies could spell Courtney, I love her intensity & mindset as a player. and it's too bad we don't have a 2nd rounder, we could've used it on destiny Williams out of Baylor.

The Lynx have two second round picks, #14 and #24. With that trade proposal you'd be lucky to get the #24 pick. it's not like the Lynx are eager for extra third round picks. The first round picks have a hard enough time making the team.

The second point I'd like to make is I agree with you that Mathies could be available in the top of the second round. So why is it again that Woodie considers this a weak draft?
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Shades

Originally posted by idchafee

Originally posted by T_Woodie

*Phoenix without Taurasi,
They lost a LOT more than Taurasi

Plus Phoenix was trying to lose games, unlike CHI.

Heh.  I'm still PO'd about that.  At least tanking in the NBA is fun to watch because there are so many horrible teams trying to do it at once.  A lot of big deals are made of losing games on purpose to get the coveted draft pick but this was just far and beyond any of that.

PG Prahalis
SG Taurasi
SF Taylor
PF Dupree
C Griner

With DeWanna Bonner coming off the bench.  The top 3 spots in the West are gonna be a dogfight this year.

Edited by Sigur3 - 06Mar2013 at 2:22pm
IP IP Logged
Elijah
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Elijah Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 2:35pm
You're right shades, just looking at some idea's to ponder, man I'll love to come out the draft with mathies,
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Churchill.
IP IP Logged
Elijah
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Elijah Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 2:51pm
Hey shades, check out this list.

1. Wisdom hylton Lindsay.
2. Michelle snow.
3. Ticha penicheiro.
4. Ruth Riley.
5. Le'coe willingham.
6. Lykendra Johnson.
7. Mistie Bass.
8. Abi Olajuwon.
9. Sandora Irvin.
10. Wasted trade, shameka christon & Catherine kraayeveld for Candace dupree,
Signed shey peddy & Sidney Carter, I actually liked Carter. now add zoll & quigley, what cha think?
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Churchill.
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Elijah

You're right shades, just looking at some idea's to ponder, man I'll love to come out the draft with mathies,

I was thinking ....maybe you could trade the rights to Young for #13 or #15 and possibly pick up Mathies that way.

Edited by Shades - 06Mar2013 at 4:02pm
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 5:02pm
young for Mathies. I think that sounds like an excellent idea!!! Same energy, better offense,better basketball instinct!

Edited by BBussan - 06Mar2013 at 5:02pm
IP IP Logged
Elijah
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Elijah Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 5:13pm
Absolutely, that female can flatout play, the rights to young sounds real good, mathies could prove to be the sleeper, I provided that list to show the type of players pokey has brought in.
IP IP Logged
Elijah
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Elijah Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 5:16pm
Ya right about that BBussan, wayyyy better offensive player and plays under better control too...
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 5:22pm
i watched KY v. UT, and she never takes a play off, never has a lapse. I cannot say that about Young.
IP IP Logged
mavcarter

Quote mavcarter Replybullet Posted: 06Mar2013 at 5:39pm
Mathies is a good college player, but so is everyone else. I don't see anything in her game that says she'll be a player at the next level. Her steals suggest she'll be a good defender, and her rebounding for her height is good as well, but offensively I think she's got some work to do.

As far as Mathies for Young, why trade a unproven player for a proven one? Unless some of think that Mathies will be a good player her rookie year.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version