Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: A look to the Sky future Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Swish

Online Status: Offline
Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 10:24am
Young is not superstar but she is a competent WNBA player. I can not say the same about Riley! I will not rant now about Riley. Everyone here should know how I feel about her and her lack of production.

Young is a valuable piece to the Sky. If she does not want to be with the team anymore because the team will not pay her what she believe she is worth, then the Sky must trade her. If the Sky could trade with a team that has a high second round pick in the 2013 draft I could accept that. I would prefer that the Sky pay the woman and keep her on the team! Hint: Get rid of Riley! Trade her away for a bag of chips and a soda!

IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Swish

Young is not superstar but she is a competent WNBA player. I can not say the same about Riley! I will not rant now about Riley. Everyone here should know how I feel about her and her lack of production.

Young is a valuable piece to the Sky. If she does not want to be with the team anymore because the team will not pay her what she believe she is worth, then the Sky must trade her. If the Sky could trade with a team that has a high second round pick in the 2013 draft I could accept that. I would prefer that the Sky pay the woman and keep her on the team! Hint: Get rid of Riley! Trade her away for a bag of chips and a soda!

I so love Swish!!! We share the same sentiments about Riley.

As for Young I think she will return to us. At least I hope so as I am a fan of hers as a player and person.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by lilsmoothfan

What fans must understand, players must do what their coach tell them to do. Young was brought strictly to Chi for her defense. She's doing a great job with that. The coach is the one that gives them the green light on different areas/plays.

You know I was waiting for you to show up in this thread.

Those with the good sense know how this works.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 11:41am
Originally posted by mavcarter

Mathies is a good college player, but so is everyone else. I don't see anything in her game that says she'll be a player at the next level. Her steals suggest she'll be a good defender, and her rebounding for her height is good as well, but offensively I think she's got some work to do.

As far as Mathies for Young, why trade a unproven player for a proven one? Unless some of think that Mathies will be a good player her rookie year.

Excellent observation mav...Thumbs%20Up 

We know most WNBA draft choices don't make their teams after the first rounders.

I'm not sure what's going on with TYoung, but The Sky needs her versatility.

She can play the 2 & 3 positions and she can defend. Her offense is much better every year she's been here.

I don't know what the deal is at this point but TYoung is part of the glue for The Sky. I'd like to see her stay.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
skyguy44

Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 1:42pm
I believe Young is an RFA.  If that's the case, that's likely the answer to why she hasn't signed.  Tamera has the luxury of waiting to see if anyone makes her an offer.  If they do, the Sky can match.  Assuming she is an RFA, it's unlikely that anyone has given her a deal and she can wait.

This seems to happen a lot since the team doesn't want to overpay when dealing with a hard cap.
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 1:57pm

What fans must understand, players must do what their coach tell them to do. Young was brought strictly to Chi for her defense. She's doing a great job with that. The coach is the one that gives them the green light on different areas/plays.

Would you give Young a bigger role on offense than she has now?
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Sigur3

I think she will Sigur. Young and Cash will be in a battle for the starting SF position.

Just off last year alone I see this as good thing because I think whichever of them starts , you have a good back up.

If Young is re-signed...I think we have a serious battle in camp between the two. Thumbs%20Up
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by skyguy44

I believe Young is an RFA.  If that's the case, that's likely the answer to why she hasn't signed.  Tamera has the luxury of waiting to see if anyone makes her an offer.  If they do, the Sky can match.  Assuming she is an RFA, it's unlikely that anyone has given her a deal and she can wait.

This seems to happen a lot since the team doesn't want to overpay when dealing with a hard cap.

Thanks for this information. Been wondering why it's taking so long. Obviously no one has presented a deal because the Sky would have seven days to match it, and we got a about two and a half months before the season start. So it's looking like she'll be back with the Sky.
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Elijah

Originally posted by BBussan

Well, Young has not proven a whole lot as far as I'm concerned. Looking at skill sets, Young needs a lot of offensive work as well and she's going on 5 or 6 years in the league.
present a trade BBussan, what player would you want, and who would you give up?

We have 1 spot left to fill right? I don't think we need to trade anyone. Becuz the sky are desperate to make the playoffs, or for whatever reason, they seem to have very little leverage in trades. The trade that has paid off is the trade for Swin. Now I know a lot of that has to do with disgruntled players under Key. So unless we get a good deal, I say we stand pat on what we've got.

So what would I like if we could solicit a trade? I would like to see a 4 who's a big body and can shoot the 3. Really able to spread the floor. Maybe they could seduce Tina Thompson to join. Then we wouldn't need to trade since she's an UFA.

Regarding Who would I be willing to let go, it would have to be young and Petro. Petro, although I like her, I think she's green and has a lot to work on. Young, I don't have the rose colored glasses that everyone else does when it comes to her. She's a 3 who doesn't shoot a 3. She can't drive without turning over or missing terribly. On the break she doesn't have the handle to control despite her speed and she more often than not does not make the layup. She does not have a pull up jumper either. She's very good from 16' on the baseline, but that's not enough for a 3. DefeNsively everyone thinks she's the bomb, I think she's just good. 2 years ago, it was Syl and piph who got defensive nods at the end of the season not Young.

At this point I'd keep them all. But the 4 is the only place where I see we need a backup for Swin. And unlike most of the others on this site, I think we have a place for Riley as well.

Edited by BBussan - 07Mar2013 at 8:36pm
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Originally posted by Sigur3

I think she will Sigur. Young and Cash will be in a battle for the starting SF position.Just off last year alone I see this as good thing because I think whichever of them starts , you have a good back up.If Young is re-signed...I think we have a serious battle in camp between the two. Thumbs%20Up

Young should in no way be even close to starting over Swin.

I think we've been thru this before woodie so I won't go at it again. I agree with most of yer positions just not this one.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version