Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: A look to the Sky future Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6
Elijah
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Elijah Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 7:59pm
B, I'm with you,nice post, but I can't agree with ya on Ruth Riley, her time is up, thats a wasted roster spot, did you know that sonya petrovic was in the same draft class as kristie tolliver? she was drafted 2nd round right behind Danielle Gant, 2009 class, that same year we received that 2nd rd. pick from L.A. for tolliver and selected Angie Bjorklund & Amy jaeschke 3rd rd. ahhh, the memories.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." Churchill.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 8:16pm
I've been holding out on this for awhile cuz there is such animosity. But, I think Riley still has some value left in the tank. She started the 8 games where the sky went 7-1.   Then she came off the bench and the sky went like 2-75.   Yes piph went down but she did come back and play with fowles after the break and the sky still lost. Granted they both weren't at 100%. However the year prior she led the stars in 3 pt fg %. She's also a big body with good instincts. The game against WA or Atlanta during the 7-1 start she got a key steal and was fouled with seconds left. She made both tosses. I think if she can find her range again, she can really open things up for our 3 stars, or 4 if u add Sloot who's gonna have a break out year.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by BBussan

Originally posted by T_Woodie

Originally posted by Sigur3

Originally posted by lilsmoothfan

What fans must understand, players must do what their coach tell them to do. Young was brought strictly to Chi for her defense. She's doing a great job with that. The coach is the one that gives them the green light on different areas/plays.
Would you give Young a bigger role on offense than she has now?
I think she will Sigur. Young and Cash will be in a battle for the starting SF position.Just off last year alone I see this as good thing because I think whichever of them starts , you have a good back up.If Young is re-signed...I think we have a serious battle in camp between the two. Thumbs%20Up

Young should in no way be even close to starting over Swin.

I think we've been thru this before woodie so I won't go at it again. I agree with most of yer positions just not this one.

The thing about it is...it's coming. Ist thing is the signing of Young, and if that happens, we'll see....Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 07Mar2013 at 9:02pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 07Mar2013 at 10:41pm
Do we want to see Fowles and EDD play 35 to 40 minutes per game because Pokey has no faith in her post bench? I am not a greedy person. All I would like to see from the bench posts players is some defense and rebounding. Riley can not do either and the way Swords played last season when Fowles went down with her injury makes me wonder about her stamina. During the end of the game crunch time last season Swords was ALWAYS PARKED ON THE BENCHED NEXT TO RILEY. At the end of games last season I was always watching Cash, Young, and Willingham close out games. The Sky would always lose these games because we had no height to challenge the other teams posts.

If Fowles and EDD play too many minutes during the regular season they will be all worn out when playoff time comes.

Edited by Swish - 07Mar2013 at 10:42pm

IP IP Logged
Jimmmy2

Quote Jimmmy2 Replybullet Posted: 08Mar2013 at 1:06am
      Swish, "when Fowles went down with her injury" was not a sudden thing, it was a slow painful process that taught our players they won't have somebody that can get open beneath the basket. By the time Syl was out for good our team was trained not to pass down low. Swords does fine with a team used to her.
In the long run.It's better to have a bad outcome doing things right.Than a good one doing things wrong.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 08Mar2013 at 7:00pm

I've been holding out on this for awhile cuz there is such animosity. But, I think Riley still has some value left in the tank. She started the 8 games where the sky went 7-1.   Then she came off the bench and the sky went like 2-75.   Yes piph went down but she did come back and play with fowles after the break and the sky still lost. Granted they both weren't at 100%. However the year prior she led the stars in 3 pt fg %. She's also a big body with good instincts. The game against WA or Atlanta during the 7-1 start she got a key steal and was fouled with seconds left. She made both tosses. I think if she can find her range again, she can really open things up for our 3 stars, or 4 if u add Sloot who's gonna have a break out year.

I kinda lean that way too BBussan. Riley and Swin had rough shooting percentages last year.

Was it fitting into Pokey's system? Not sure about that...but she's a smart player who seemed a little lost in what her role was.

I'll be looking at Riley hard early on this year as well as Petro...both of them were known to be better shooters than they showed last yera.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 08Mar2013 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by T_Woodie

Originally posted by Sigur3

Originally posted by lilsmoothfan

What fans must understand, players must do what their coach tell them to do. Young was brought strictly to Chi for her defense. She's doing a great job with that. The coach is the one that gives them the green light on different areas/plays.
Would you give Young a bigger role on offense than she has now?
I think she will Sigur. Young and Cash will be in a battle for the starting SF position.Just off last year alone I see this as good thing because I think whichever of them starts , you have a good back up.If Young is re-signed...I think we have a serious battle in camp between the two. Thumbs%20Up

Young should in no way be even close to starting over Swin.

I think we've been thru this before woodie so I won't go at it again. I agree with most of yer positions just not this one.

I anticipate Delle Donne will be starting at SF.  So he's off there too.

Edited by Shades - 08Mar2013 at 7:17pm
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 08Mar2013 at 8:28pm
A team's structure is not written in stone. A team must use what they have and make the best blend of talent and chemistry to win games. Many times coaches play four guards and one center or three forwards and two guards. No team is locked in on playing one center, one point guard, one shooting guard, one small forward, or one power forward.

Good coaches put the best players on the starting squad and let them do their thing.

IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 09Mar2013 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Swish

Good coaches put the best players on the starting squad and let them do their thing.

Well that's not good for us. Lol
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version