Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Preseason Game Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Sigur3

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 12:52pm
They introduced her as a forward at the game...
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Sigur3

They introduced her as a forward at the game...

Shhhhhhh!  Sigur3...don't confuse Shades with the facts....LOL Wink
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 2:23pm
I enjoyed myself at the game. I agree with some of the other posters who attended the game.

I sat in front of EDD's father and myself and my friends turned to him at one point and said "she is awesome" we were referring to her offense. Her defense wasn't terrible it was okay and that blocked shot was nice :)

I was the most impressed by Campbell and I really hope we keep her. She plays tough and thats what we need. There was a possession where she was fighting for the ball with a NY player (can't remember who) but i remember saying "that woman ain't letting that ball go"

Zoll did well with the assists however she was very Ticha-esque, meaning not shooting the ball. There was one point where I just shook my head because she made a move to the basket and was RIGHT THERE but she passed the ball.

Quigley i was really up and down about. Liek someone else posted she was not great the first half but second half it was raining jump shots. Certainly good for when Piph has to leave us.

Moss i'm undecided however it doesn't matter since she has been cut

I have opinions about our main players but I will hold those for later.

I can't wait to meet the team next week.
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 2:24pm
As a side note I did not meet anyone but I am sure those who read this thread figured out who I was....

Maybe next time
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 4:40pm
I'll see you Tuesday Tonette Smile
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Shades

Originally posted by brit479

Went to the game! my thoughts:

Delle Donne definitely not a power forward she is definitely a guard. Offensively talented, needs work on her defense and speed.

Thank you, Brit.  You'd have to be pretty ignorant to think that Delle Donne is a post player.

After seeing her live, I see what you were saying you were correct. She stayed mostly on the 3 pt line, didn't really make any post moves, a few times she thought about taking the shorter players on her but didn't. She'll probably do it once she get more comfortable. I can't really see her banging in the inside because she is really under weight, afraid she would get an injury. Once she get comfortable with the speed and toughness of the WNBA, she'll be unstoppable.

Edited by brit479 - 16May2013 at 5:14pm
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 5:29pm
I can't buy that Brit. EDD is going to be whatever she needs to be. If she has to post up, she will...but the thing is, she's being used to spread the floor and let Syl operate inside. That's the whole point of bringing her in and why she's called the "Stretch 4" player.

She won't be the prototypical PF because of her skill set...but she will go inside based on the defense. Just as she did against North Carolina's center in the tourney. She went inside when she needed to

The thing is...give Syl and EDD time to know how to operate together.

EDD will do it all...inside and out...watch and see...Thumbs%20Up
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 7:50pm
It does not matter what position EDD plays as long as she is doing positive things on the court for the Sky and helping the team win games. There is only one person that is obsessed with what position she plays. We all know who he is. It would be delicious pleasure if PHX and the Sky will beat the Lynx this season. Maybe that will help to put a sock into Shades' mouth!

IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 16May2013 at 8:02pm
I was out of town on a business trip and missed the game, but got the e-mail from the Sky about the win. I am very excited for the season to start.

I hope they cut Riley, Petro and Moss and keep the rest. I hope Quigley stays, she had 14 points which is nothing to sneeze at. Glad to see EDD getting into the grove.

I also noticed that CN100 is not listed as broadcasting the games this year, so maybe those of us with DirecTV will not have ESPN and MSG games blacked out. I am tired of Live Access. At this point it looks like a lot of games will be on Live Access....better than nothing I guess.

Can't wait until Opening Night at Allstate. Yahoo!

Edited by Sec113Maven - 16May2013 at 8:03pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 17May2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I was out of town on a business trip and missed the game, but got the e-mail from the Sky about the win. I am very excited for the season to start.

I hope they cut Riley, Petro and Moss and keep the rest. I hope Quigley stays, she had 14 points which is nothing to sneeze at. Glad to see EDD getting into the grove.

I also noticed that CN100 is not listed as broadcasting the games this year, so maybe those of us with DirecTV will not have ESPN and MSG games blacked out. I am tired of Live Access. At this point it looks like a lot of games will be on Live Access....better than nothing I guess.

Can't wait until Opening Night at Allstate. Yahoo!

I'm just not sure. Take a look at the "play by play" on the game. Quigley gets her point at garbage time. The game is well in hand.

This is why I have an issue with what I call an "abbreviated camp/preseason". Even though all teams have to deal with it, it's has to be brutal on the coaches/players. The coaches simply don't have the time because they're preparing a team to start the reg season.

That makes the focus more on working with the those they know are on the team. They really have to make snapshot decisions on players because they don't have the time to teach those players that aren't quite there.

I can hear the coaches talking to the players as they waive them...explaining that this is the "nature of the beast"and suggesting they work on their game overseas.

Back to the point though...I don't see Quigley making this team. Shay Murphy and Prince are already in solid. Petro and Young we know are clear F/G players.

Pokey knows she has that flexibility...my guess  is...Quigley is out

Now comes the need for a "bruiser" PF which clearly points to Campbell. I don't *know* this to be a fact but I think that's why Riley didn't dress...she either has an injury or Pokey needed to get a good look at Campbell in the game. Riley's a 12 year vet and she knows the game.

I'm not sure what happens with Campbell.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version