Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: WNBA Action... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Richard77

Online Status: Offline
Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 26Sep2013 at 8:16pm
How is it, that Atlanta could shut down January, but the Sky couldn't? Dream take game 1, 84-79. 
Your dreams will never come true without your effort to make them come true. - Janie Meyer, Janie and the Basketball.
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2013 at 7:08am
I just don't get it either. Indiana did not look like the same team we played. How did Atlanta do it? I guess you have to know more about basketball than I do to answer that question....good for Armintie, I like it when former Sky players do well as long as they are not playing us.

Its easy to see now why Dunn threw that last game so they could play us in the first round. Atlanta has their number, we don't. If we had played DC first and they had had Atlanta things may look very different now - but regardless we needed to beat Indiana to have legitimacy in the Eastern Conference anyway.

I sure hope Atlanta wins one more and takes Indiana out. I'm rooting for Minnesota to win the Championship.
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 27Sep2013 at 11:32am
After watching last nights games, there is no doubt in my mind that the better championship game would be Lynx against the Sky. Would of liked to have seen the series.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2013 at 9:59am
Pokey already put her finger on it when she said "You have to be willing to fight like a dog".

I've been pointing that out about our ladies all season...they have the ability to run with anyone...but they don't show that "killer instinct" will to win yet...and they have to get that if they want to get the Championship. Let's face it...they NEVER matched Indiana's intensity...so...as is said in the bible "But let a man (or woman), examine themselves"...LET OUR LADIES EXAMINE THEMSELVES!!!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 28Sep2013 at 11:36am
AMEN
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 29Sep2013 at 3:32pm
So Indiana can't beat anyone but us, apparently.  Frustrating watching this series between two teams that are likely going to waxed by whoever comes out of the West.
IP IP Logged
brit479

Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 30Sep2013 at 8:29am
I think we would've matched up better with Atlanta. Indiana got what they deserved. One thing I will say about our team is they are to pretty. You got to get down on the floor and scrap like dogs and thats what Atlanta did...they were not scared of Indiana and ran right at them. Good guard play from ATL as well, something our team need to improve on. Sloot and Piph need more toughness. I'd. Like to see us add some good defensive guards to the roster.

Edited by brit479 - 30Sep2013 at 8:30am
*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 02Oct2013 at 5:18pm
The maim problem I saw with The Sky defense is too much help defense that left open shooters. That's how they lost to The Fever...too many open shots because of help defense.

On offense they need more motion by cutting to the basket when they see double teams and moving the ball quickly. Too many time we see one player doubled and everyone standing around instead of cutting to the basket. It happens because they don't know where other players are on the floor.

That's what has to happen as I see it.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 03Oct2013 at 11:23am
T_Woodie I cannot agree with you more about your evaluation of the offense and defensive schemes. I have never seen EDD stand around as much as she does on this offense. At Univ. of Delaware EDD averaged about 28 points per game and shot 50% from the field. She had a point guard that started playing with her in 8th grade. This point guard knew where she was going to be on the floor at all times. I was dismayed to see her play at the 3-point line and and wait for the ball and if someone was on her she would pass the ball. That is a waste of her talent. I would rather see her move without the ball and create her own space. In addition to this movement you will see EDD get defended by at least two defenders, then watch her pass the ball to the open player. She is outstanding at this and she loves to play like that.

On defense I would like to see EDD be more physical. When she left UofD she was 195lbs. She has the body to be physical. But she knows that is what she has to work on this off season. Knowing her she has already started.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 03Oct2013 at 11:32am
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 05Oct2013 at 3:00pm
Yes. I think we saw Pokey slow up on EDD as the season turned toward the end because in prior yers we've seen rookies coming out of college really tire down the stretch. Both Prince and Vandersloot experienced that when they were rookies.

I'd like ti see the WNBA push the start of the season for that reason because NCAAW BBall runs them right into the WNBA season and the pro game is so physical, it takes a toll.

I expect EDD to perhaps return at about 210. That would be ideals for her so she can go to her power game a lot more.

I can't wait til next year because she knows what she has to do...

Edited by T_Woodie - 05Oct2013 at 3:01pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version