Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: WNBA Action... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Sigur3

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 15Jun2013 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by skyguy44

Speaking of action from around the league, anyone still upset about the lack of preparation Pokey did overseas while coaches like Laimbeer were snapping up all the awesome, difference making free agents like Cheryl Ford?

Remember how dumb she was and how cheap the Sky was for not racing to sign her? I think some folks might need their crow served medium rare?

I think we might need to consider, just for a moment, that we might not know everything we think we know.

It's still a little early for this but I agree with the premise.  Also, the "most improved team in the league" is now 1-6 after last night.  Good thing the game is played on wood and not on paper.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 15Jun2013 at 6:20pm
It's what happens when a franchise has the playoff drought The Sky has. Fans will criticize any and everything. In this age of social media to think Pokey couldn't handle her coaching duties from Russia is basically reaching at something to complain about.

She did a great job...and she's doing a great job now. I like that she's going deep into her bench so she knows how to get the best of this team.

The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 15Jun2013 at 8:05pm
Generally you'll see a team shorten its rotation come playoff time.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy or Quigley get dropped from the rotation then but I have no problem with what Pokey is doing right now.
IP IP Logged
TheTruthBelow

Quote TheTruthBelow Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 2:36am
Originally posted by skyguy44

Speaking of action from around the league, anyone still upset about the lack of preparation Pokey did overseas while coaches like Laimbeer were snapping up all the awesome, difference making free agents like Cheryl Ford?

Remember how dumb she was and how cheap the Sky was for not racing to sign her? I think some folks might need their crow served medium rare?

I think we might need to consider, just for a moment, that we might not know everything we think we know.

Remember when you went on and on about how good of a coach Steven Key was and how Kristi Toliver couldn't play basketball?

IP IP Logged
skyguy44

Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 9:15am
Yes I do, and while I still don't believe he was the issue, it supports my point about how little we actually know about what is going on.

Let the record show that I still wouldn't want Toliver on my team, and she is far from a complete player but she has always been able to shoot the ball.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 10:06am
Toliver actually played some decent defense on DRob last night. I was quite surprised.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 10:15am
Originally posted by wnbarocks

Toliver actually played some decent defense on DRob last night. I was quite surprised.

LOL...and to think there was former coach who decided to trade her rather than coach her because her defense wasn't very good.

That would be the difference in "really coaching" and "being the coach". Thumbs%20Up

This is what Tom Landry said of coaching:

“A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be.”

That's the difference in The Sky now...they have a coach...and Pokey's not even the best she can be yet. We've heard her admit her shortcomings in prior seasons...and we see her today coaching better.
Alter saw it too...that's why she got the contract extension...Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 16Jun2013 at 10:15am
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Jet Jaguar66
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jet Jaguar66 Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 10:16am
Originally posted by wnbarocks

Toliver improved her defense quite a bit last year. Looks like it may be even a little better this year.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 10:47am
Wow, I've never heard someone stand up for Steven key. Even the various Sky reps we talked to fell silent in response to our rants. The mass exodus of players aside, those that were left had little cohesion as documented in the limited Chicago press coverage the sky was getting.

Thankfully, pokey has seemed to really unite this team!
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 16Jun2013 at 10:54am
And, since we're in the car for a good while and I have time to catch up on wnba action, I'd like to comment on tolliver. She can score points in bunches, but it seems she can be pretty streaky. I wish she would still be on our team, because she would be great as a 4 th option, but forLA she seems to be relied on too heavily to produce points.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 28 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version