Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Janie and the Basketball Post Reply Post New Topic
Richard77

Online Status: Offline
Quote Richard77 Replybullet Topic: Janie and the Basketball
    Posted: 29Aug2013 at 5:48pm
Hi everyone! Just wanted to post to announce the publication of my new book.

Janie and the Basketball

Janie is a young, paraplegic girl, whose life becomes intertwined with the sport of women's basketball.

During her personal journey, Janie must learn to cope with the challenges in her life: her parents, her therapy, and a reoccurring dream that bothers her while sleeping. She must also deal with the pressures of school and her classmates, kids who don't know how to act around Janie.

Can Janie's love of basketball help her to overcome the challenges she faces?

Along with Janie's story, the book contains several blank pages, so fans of women's basketball can collect autographs of their favorite players. The pages can also be used for taking notes, making a mini-scrapbook, or making a simple photo album.

Finished just time for this year's Fan Appreciation Days, Janie and the Basketball will make an excellent addition to any fan's appreciation of women's professional or collegiate basketball.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek

The list price is $30.99, but discounted to $24.79 if purchased from the lulu website.

Thanks for tuning in!
Your dreams will never come true without your effort to make them come true. - Janie Meyer, Janie and the Basketball.
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2013 at 10:09am
Sorry to bump this up, but I'm still garnering interest for my new book. I really hope many of you won't miss this story, It really is a great tale of perseverance and self-reflection of a young girl and the sport of basketball. I wish you all could have had a copy for FA night. Unhappy
Your dreams will never come true without your effort to make them come true. - Janie Meyer, Janie and the Basketball.
IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2013 at 7:54pm
when will it be available on Kindle
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2013 at 10:37pm
Sorry, but it won't be made available in e-book form. I wanted it to be in a hard cover format only, so that the kids who owned it would be able to get player autographs and have the cover protect the pages. I haven't heard from him yet, but Adam Fox might help me get a few copies into the Sky store, but I'm afraid the season will be over before we can work something out. If I can get to the game next Friday, I'll seek you out and talk to you more.
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 12Sep2013 at 8:00pm
Well, seeing that nothing else is working to promote sales of Janie, I hope you will wish me luck as I submitted a little message to Robin Roberts on the GMA page, and described to her my dreams of being an author. I introduced her to Janie's book and uploaded an image of it. Crosses fingers.

Edited by shyguy1701 - 12Sep2013 at 8:01pm
IP IP Logged
cavery

Quote cavery Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2013 at 9:38am
Good luck Shyguy! 
It looks good from the top!!!
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 18Sep2013 at 7:03pm
Wish I could just post without bumping up the thread. I got a new sale today. It may be only one, but at it's a new start. I tweeted several people about the book and Patricia Babcock was wonderful in her reply. She sent me a nice congratulation on the accomplishment, she favorited the tweet, then retweeted it to all of her followers. Wow. What a nice person. I'll have to try and have a chat with her the next time I get to a Sky game. No word from Robin Roberts or Laurel Richie as of yet.
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2013 at 5:43pm
As the season has come to a close, we're sure to reflect on a great season of Sky basketball and continue to wish we had a more favorable conclusion to it. Soon, we'll begin to go our separate ways and begin to post less and less frequently until this message board reflects the upcoming 2014 Chicago Sky message area.

As I know how many of you are feeling, some of you may think this post, ill-timed. But seeing that it's probably one of my last few posts of the 2013 season, I really wanted to leave some of you with a message of hope, the hope that there's a brighter future just down the road, and that future will always revolve around the Chicago Sky for some of us.

I also hope you'll take the time and think about reading about my Janie, as she too, is a story of hope for a bright and better future. I would like to believe that her story might actually cheer up some of you who might be experiencing a current emptiness in your soul.

The book still contains the blank pages, and with the women's college basketball season starting soon, it's still a great book to have to get some of your local collegiate athletes to sign it, so their names will appear next to those on the Sky roster, when you get them to sign as well.

I wish you all safe travels and though I'll visit the boards occasionally, I probably wont have much to say as I'll be working on my next book, Danny's Court of Angels, which I should have in the winter of 2014. Just in time for the Sky's 2014 season. Have a great off-season and I hope to make next year's first tailgate party of the season.

Cheers to the Chicago Sky!

http://www.lulu.com/shop/richard-zimdars/janie-and-the-basketball/hardcover/product-21184932.html

IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 09Oct2013 at 7:50pm
Update:

I have a new apartment, a new roof to cover my head. Budget is tighter than the skin on a drum. Book sales of Janie or the Ballers would be welcome and helpful. Thank you.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/richard-zimdars/janie-and-the-basketball/hardcover/product-21184932.html
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 05Dec2013 at 6:10pm
Hi. I hope everyone is doing well this holiday season. Just wanted to remind everyone a gift of reading is always a nice thing to give. If you might be thinking about getting a copy of my new book, for yourself or someone in your family, or as a donation to your local library, lulu.com has free shipping up to 14 items until December 15th.

The code to get free shipping is: FREESHIP

Hope to see many of you next year should I get back to a Chicago Sky game.

Have a great Christmas and New Year's Day. Please let 2014 be better than 2013 Dead.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version