Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: Warley Gone, but why? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
fanbetty

Online Status: Offline
Quote fanbetty Replybullet Topic: Warley Gone, but why?
    Posted: 04Sep2013 at 4:58pm
I noticed on the Sky website today that Avery Warley is no longer on the team roster. Checking the front page, I found a release stating her contract was "terminated" (to me that sounds like she did something wrong and they want her out- there are better ways of saying this if it is not the case). It reads much like the Ruth Riley release- goodbye, don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way out.

Is there a reason the Sky show such little respect for their ex-players? I thought Warley did a very good job. Not sure why she is gone because the Sky don't find it important enough to tell us. I know Swords is still out. Is Zoll back? If so, who is backing up Fowles. We still have to face 3 teams deep in the middle (Indiana, Washington and Atlanta) and then the playoffs where we are sure to get these teams again.

We need a back-up big far more than a back-up point guard- especially one who can't shoot!
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2013 at 5:03pm
Hold you horses fanbetty. Pokey made a smart move here. I was upset too until I checked into it.

What they did they had to do because the rules. In 10 days if Avery clears waivers they can sign her again.

My worry is your guy Laimbeer might do just that out of spite...he might sign her.

Edited by T_Woodie - 04Sep2013 at 5:04pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2013 at 8:45pm
When did the 10 days start? Heck, we have 5 games in 9 days coming up and we have to play some tough teams. I sure hope those 10 days go quickly and no one else signs her......I hope the 10 days started right after our last game since we have been sitting around since Saturday.

I think Warley is a good addition to the team. Let's hope she is back soon. I guess rules are rules but sometimes these rules don't make sense....

Unhappy

Edited by Sec113Maven - 04Sep2013 at 8:46pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2013 at 9:15pm
Warley's contract was terminated, which is different than her getting put on waivers.  This way they can pick her up again for the playoffs (and this is likely what they'll do).  Pokey is not asleep at the wheel folks.
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2013 at 9:35pm
I'm sure there is some great strategy and rules involved here. Maybe something better worded than "terminated" and no explanation would have been more appropriate. Compared to Pokey and the Sky, the Jerry Krause era Bulls were open books who told the world their plans.
IP IP Logged
skyguy44

Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 05Sep2013 at 1:11pm
Fanbetty,

I want to make sure I'm understanding your never ending negative nonsense.

You are bothered that the team issued a statement that was clear and used the exact language of the move?

For some unexplainable reason you would also like them to put out for public consumption the "why" behind their move even though it looks like part of some future move?

Then, somehow, you suggest that they are being overly secret even though they were completely specific about the move?

The league refers to it as a termination, so what else could they call it?
IP IP Logged
Tonette10

Quote Tonette10 Replybullet Posted: 05Sep2013 at 8:01pm
This thread made me giggle.
JUST WIN THAT IS ALL
IP IP Logged
fanbetty

Quote fanbetty Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2013 at 10:28am
I believe this is the same wording used by Phoenix when they released Michael Beasley earlier in the week for marijuana use and the Patriots when they released Aaron Hernandez when he killed someone.

Terminated may be the correct word in technical terms, but it carries a negative connotation. To me it says you have done something wrong and you are fired. I think they could have said she was "released" and it would have meant the same and sounded better.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but players have found far more nitpicking reasons to not sign on with a team and I believe we need Warley for the playoffs.   
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2013 at 2:23pm
Warley will be back for the playoffs.  I'm 99% sure of this.
IP IP Logged
TheTruthBelow

Quote TheTruthBelow Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2013 at 3:15pm
Warley should be back. It's going to suck for whoever gets waived right before the playoffs, but that's part of the business.

My money is on Campbell, but if Zoll somehow looks worse than she did before her injury, I could see her going instead.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version