Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: DEFEATING THE FEVER!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Topic: DEFEATING THE FEVER!!!
    Posted: 16Sep2013 at 12:41pm
This is exactly what I hoped for...The Sky v The Fever!!!It high time for The Sky to RISE UP AND KNOCK THEM OFF in this series.

The Fever is a stepping stone for The Sky mentally!!! It's time to take that step...and the playoffs is just the place to do it.Pokey has to have them ready!

We know the match-ups favor The Sky. In the last meeting Indy was fortunate because Sloot turned her ankle prior to the game...Confused

We all remember last year The Sky was dominating the Fever until EP suffered the broken bone in the foot...Confused

It has many thinking there's some power the Fever has over The Sky, when the only thing I see is THE MINDSET. IT'S TIME TO SHOW MENTAL TOUGHNESS!!! The Sky won't go far without it!!!

Some key points:

*Syl needs to be ready for the physical game inside.
She has to KEEP THE BALL HIGH as much as possible. The ONLY WAY to go up is to GO UP STRONG...and if the refs don't call the fouls...PLAY THROUGH IT!!!

*EDD has to play every phase of her game!
She must be ready to go to her power game inside. She need to use her versatility and post up whenever she can for the high percentage shot.

*Sloot has to be more offensive minded!
Expect Indy to double Syl and EDD. Take advantage of that...penetrate as much as possible and use the pull up jumper or take it to the cup to shoot or dish off.

*EP has to be aggressive with the ball,
look for her shot, and not disappear offensively.

*Pokey will tighten up the substitutions now
...we know that. I see the bench being limited to TYoung, Murphy, Quigley with spot appearances of Warley/Campbell to give Syl /EDD a breather. Of course if anyone gets into foul trouble Pokey will do what she has to.

*The Sky needs to run every chance they get!
This means when they get the defensive rebound...PUSH THE BALL!!!  That means Sloot, EP, and EDD...(who all possess point guard skills), have to get up the court with the ball and be ready for Indy to try and press...beat the press and you end up with easy baskets!!!

That's where I am with it...and what I hope to see. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by T_Woodie - 16Sep2013 at 3:20pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 1:06pm
You got it T. Woodie. Time to knock of the Fever and clear that hurdle for the Sky. Once they get over that there is no stopping them....

Pokey, Christie and Tree have to get them ready for a tough fight. They need to play angry and in beast mode, all of them!

Grrrrrr
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 1:22pm
The Sky need to believe they can beat the Fever. We have the talent to beat them, we need to believe it and then we can DO IT! 

FIGHT  FOCUS  FINISH!!!

Go Sky!
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 2:07pm
In order to make room for Douglas on the roster, the Fever cut Jessica Breland.  In my opinion this was a bad move.  Their post rotation is now even thinner and smaller than ours so Syl and Warley should theoretically have a massive advantage...EDD as well if we choose to post her up.  No matter how physical they try to be, there won't be any reason to not win the rebounding battle at least.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Sigur3

In order to make room for Douglas on the roster, the Fever cut Jessica Breland.  In my opinion this was a bad move.  Their post rotation is now even thinner and smaller than ours so Syl and Warley should theoretically have a massive advantage...EDD as well if we choose to post her up.  No matter how physical they try to be, there won't be any reason to not win the rebounding battle at least.

Yep Sigur3...I ain't getting that move at all...
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 3:14pm
That's interesting Sigur...the Fever are a small team. I hope Tree gets his Bigs ready to use their height advantage this weekend. We need to rebound well, both offensively and defensively. No excuses.

Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 3:33pm
One thing I'm not liking is sometimes our ladies are doubling on defense too much instead of switching, which leaves too many open shots.

Call the switch whenever possible unless you have a clear mismatch by doing so. I get really frustrted when they double too much on defense.
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 9:34pm
Sugar3, good point on breland, but I would like to see the league leading rebounding team do more than beat them, I'd like them to annihilate them on the glass. Last game IND scored every time they got an OR.

Also, they are very physical on D, and the sky need to 1) give it back and 2) learn to play offense over the D. There should be some way they can play over indie. Seems like the last couple of games the sky have gotten burnt from behind the 3 point line. Hopefully they can up the intensity on defense and shut the fever down.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 9:36pm
Maybe the sky can post EDD up a bit more via playing high low with her and Syl.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 16Sep2013 at 11:17pm
Jessica Breland is a player that the Fever will miss in these playoffs. She is a good shot blocker and she has a good medium range jump shot. I was a Breland fan back when she played at North Carolina. I wanted the Sky to draft her before she became ill with that disease.
I still like Breland and I hope the Sky will aggressively go after her during the off season.

I know I should add some motivational statement about the Sky beating the Fever so here it goes. DESTROY THEM!

Edited by Swish - 16Sep2013 at 11:20pm

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version