Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: What do we need and who should we get Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
BBussan

Online Status: Offline
Quote BBussan Replybullet Topic: What do we need and who should we get
    Posted: 02Nov2013 at 9:58pm
As the college season has nearly begun as a means to tide us over to the wnba season, it' ll b nice to watch and ponder who will join the Sky to power them to a championship next year! This year Twoods and I will not be absolutely certain on who we are drafting, which may make the discourse exciting. Alas, I don't believe I will be bubbling over with excitement this year in anticipation but nonetheless it should be fun to keep the Sky in mind during the winter doldrums.

Another nugget of interesting note, nhis that the Sky have a 2d round pick this year( I think) so maybe they can strengthen the bench.

As a longstanding lady vol fan I'd like to say Simmons, but it seems like a risky bet to pull the trigger on a loose cannon. Need to see more. Let the season begin.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 07Nov2013 at 9:50am
The coaching staff need to work their butts off this off season. They do not have the luxury of having a lottery pick this year so they need to do their leg work and study the 2014 seniors very carefully. To me the Sky have many needs. The Sky need to add complimentary post and wing players to the roster that we currently have. Fowles needs rebounding help. So finding someone that is a good rebounder is a must. The Sky need several a wing players that can make an outside jump shot consistently. It would be a plus if these wing players can create their own shot just like Prince. Because right now Prince is the ONLY PLAYER on the roster that can create her own shot.

It would be nice if the Sky could trade up to get a higher second round draft pick. I do not see that happening because our bench players are worthless and the Sky can not use them as trade bait to get a better second round pick.

The Sky need to scout the overseas leagues for talent also. They need to find better bench help than Campbell.
The players that I do not want to see on the 2014 roster are Quigley,Campbell,Swords, and Murphy. Competition should be brought to next years training camp so that the players that I just mentioned must EARN A ROSTER SPOT if they are going to make the team. The Sky should not just reserved these players a roster spot because they were on the team last season.

Pokey and the coaching staff should also do their homework in finding an offensive system that will make the offensive more fluid. There was too much standing around and watching players go one on one last season.

Edited by Swish - 07Nov2013 at 9:57am

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Nov2013 at 6:35pm
I think Pokey has done pretty well picking in the 2nd round. That's how The Sky got Swords.

I'm thinking Pokey's thoughts are a PF another versatile 2-3 player.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 09Nov2013 at 8:25pm
Biggest roster needs?  I would say backup PG and PF, and someone who can knock down the 3 without being a liability in every other phase of the game (Quigley).  It would be really great if Murphy could bounce back and/or Young could extend her range to the 3 point line because we already know both of them can bring it defensively.

The good news is these aren't really "needs" in the sense that we're already set in the starting lineup and every team in the league could use more size and 3 point shooting off the bench.  Honestly this isn't going to matter much if Prince can regain her mojo and EDD takes the 2nd year leap we're expecting her to.  Talent-wise this roster is already championship caliber.
IP IP Logged
Jet Jaguar66
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jet Jaguar66 Replybullet Posted: 12Nov2013 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Sigur3

Biggest roster needs?  I would say backup PG and PF, and someone who can knock down the 3 without being a liability in every other phase of the game.

I know someone who can be a backup point guard AND knock down a 3, plus is free to pick up. Sammy Prahalis is a free agent and is more than capable of handling point guard duties and she's shooting 40+% from 3 on her overseas club right now. She'd be great for the SKY
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 14Nov2013 at 8:30am
The Sky do not need to get any players that are soft and can not produce at the WNBA level. I recommend the coaching staff scout the following players: Chelsea Hopkins, Carolyn Davis, Angelica Robinson, and Jessica Breland.

IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 14Nov2013 at 4:13pm
Is Cash coming back?
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 14Nov2013 at 5:12pm
Swish...I'm on board with getting Breland!!!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 14Nov2013 at 5:31pm
Yeah, I think Breland would be great! 
with the 11th pick in the draft, can we get someone who can create for themselves?  I'd like to see someone who is very versatile like EDD, obviuosly noone will be as good, but I'd like to see an offense that moves.

I would also like a someone who plays D and is lights out from 3 point land
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 15Nov2013 at 10:29pm
I believe the Sky have the tenth pick in the draft, not the eleventh pick. LA's record was the same as the Sky but they beat more Eastern conference teams than the Sky defeating Western conference teams. LA wins the tie breaker. Sky picks ahead of the Sparks.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version