Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: What do we need and who should we get Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
brit479

Online Status: Offline
Quote brit479 Replybullet Posted: 16Nov2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by wnbarocks

Is Cash coming back?

That's a good question! I think even if she is or isn't coming back you still plan around her. Last season was a good indication that she isn't the same player anymore. She wasn't even invited to the USA training camp this year. She's a good leader on the court and all, but we need players for now and the future. I don't think Shay Murphy is coming back, for some reason Pokey had her in the dog house all season. Players like Quigley, Zoll, and Campbell can be easily beaten out in training camp. So it's about three spots open on our roster or at least it should be. As for our pick in the draft I think we go for the best player available regardless of our needs. Indiana exposed how bad our three point line defense and help side defense was. I think we need to improve our defense overall especially in the back court.    

*Sloot*Piph*Cash*EDD*Syl*

*Stay healthy and make some noise. GO SKY!!

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 16Nov2013 at 11:46am
Cash never even hinted at retirement! She played better than I expected her to play too.

She will want to go the next step with this team having Syl, EDD, and EP as the foundation. I think two players that must remain with this team in their roles...are Swin and TYoung.

Count on Cash being here...she wants a 3rd ring!!!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 19Nov2013 at 9:15pm
Doesn't Cash have 3 rings? I don't think she is or should be going anywhere. She loves this team, and still has a lot to give to the team. I would like to see her be the first to 5. there are multiple players with 4-all of whom I love! But I'm ready for her to usurp those 4 with 4.

But on to the topic at hand. With the 10th or 11th pick, which NCAA player should we add? The top 4 seem to be settled with Dolson at 5. That leaves some talent that could help out a lot via the draft.

Although not a UConn fan per se, I like Hartley. Any chance she will be available. Watching Tenn, cannot think simmons would be worth the risk, and Shoni Schimmel is more like a guaranteed backfire rather than just a loose cannon.

i really think a 3 point shooter who can really spread the floor is essential. It seems like when the Sky had 2. they were nearly unstoppable, but then Piph got hurt and it was a struggle from there on.
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 27Nov2013 at 2:10am
How about Achonwa as a PF to backup Cash in her waning year(s)? She looked pretty sharp tonight, back from her injury sooner than expected.

I'm not sure why Swish is hating on Swords again. Think about how good this team could have been this year if she was healthy
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 27Nov2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Shades

How about Achonwa as a PF to backup Cash in her waning year(s)? She looked pretty sharp tonight, back from her injury sooner than expected.

I'm not sure why Swish is hating on Swords again. Think about how good this team could have been this year if she was healthy

Swords injury was huge, say what you will but she's a terrific backup, and when she went down that forced Campbell into playing a lot of minutes at C.  It would be nice to have some height coming off the bench should that situation present itself again.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 28Nov2013 at 1:11am
Mr. Smiles has a great love affair for Miss Swords. How about a straight up trade Swords for Amber Harris?

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 28Nov2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Swish

Mr. Smiles has a great love affair for Miss Swords. How about a straight up trade Swords for Amber Harris?

Nope...Harris just is not physical enough and Swords is. Swords is much more dangerous on the boards too.

The one thing I wonder is how well Swords rehab has gone. There's been no news about it.

We do know she's walking around because she went to the Philippines.

Also knowing her dedication...she'll be ready.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 28Nov2013 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Swish

That's Laimbeer in my avatar in case you didn't recognize him.

Nope, no love affair here. Unlike you, I want players on my team for the right reason...to help the team win.

I'm not sure about that trade proposal, but Reeve might go for it since I'm pretty sure Harris is on the way out. She's also doing rehab for some kind of injury.

Edited by Shades - 28Nov2013 at 11:35pm
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 29Nov2013 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Shades

I'm not sure about that trade proposal, but Reeve might go for it since I'm pretty sure Harris is on the way out. She's also doing rehab for some kind of injury.

Reeve absolutely takes that trade.  Harris couldn't even play acceptable backup minutes to Janel McCarville.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 29Nov2013 at 9:18pm
Shades, I know that fathead Laimbeer anywhere. He was a fathead when he played for Notre Dame, Detroit, and he still a fathead. Why do you care if I hate Swords or not SHADES. You are a CATS fan so you should care less what I like or dislike.
Go play in your litterbox!

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version