Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2013 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2013
Message Icon Topic: NCAAW Basketball 2013 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Shades

Online Status: Offline
Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 25Dec2013 at 9:12pm
                                       |---TOTAL---| |---3-PTS---|               |----REBOUNDS----|

## Player              GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA   Pct 3FG-FGA   Pct FT-FTA   Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO   A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg
23 Schimmel, Shoni.... 13-13 370 28.5 73-178 .410 39-104 .375 24-29   .828    9 50   59 4.5 16 0 55 29   1 14 209 16.1
10 Simmons, Meighan... 11-11 288 26.2 54-142 .380 18-70   .257 25-33   .758   10 24   34 3.1 17 0 28 29   0 10 151 13.7
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 26Dec2013 at 3:04pm
I think there's some confusion here between Meighan Simmons from Tennessee and Odyssey Sims from Baylor.  Of course Sims is better than Schimmel; Simmons, not so sure.

Edited by Sigur3 - 26Dec2013 at 3:05pm
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 26Dec2013 at 3:54pm
...I say...lets just hope the two meet in the tourney...

I think it was Shades speaking on Delle Donne before the season, that made him disappear...it's hard eating crow!
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 27Dec2013 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Sigur3

I think there's some confusion here between Meighan Simmons from Tennessee and Odyssey Sims from Baylor.  Of course Sims is better than Schimmel; Simmons, not so sure.

It's hilarious that you'd suggest the Woodie doesn't know the difference between Sims and Simmons. He's bad, but not quite that bad.

It's just that his hopeless Tennessee homerism causes him to have little use for something as relevent and pertinent as stats. Compare those stas. There's not one statistical category in which Simmons is better. Not one!! There's nothing that Simmons is particularly good at. Her FT% is okay, but nothing special, especially for a guard.

If you want to go the "intangibles" route. Simmons has nothing going on there either.

She doesn't have the skills to be a PG, and she's too scrawny to be a SG in the WNBA. She's pretty much useless at the next level.

She did have a good freshman year, and she probably still has some name recognition from that, but she has digressed from then. I'd say Simmons would be lucky to be taken in the second round.

Schimmel is looking like a late first to early second rounder.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 27Dec2013 at 2:27pm
Actually Shades it's a matter of knowing the difference between college ball and WNBA ball. Simmons already has the WNBA skills...whereas Schimmel is the product of the system she plays in.

She does have WNBA skills, but not the level of Simmons...we'll just watch and see!

We already know you eat crow on Delle Donne...
IP IP Logged
Shades

Quote Shades Replybullet Posted: 27Dec2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by T_Woodie

Actually Shades it's a matter of knowing the difference between college ball and WNBA ball. Simmons already has the WNBA skills...whereas Schimmel is the product of the system she plays in.

She does have WNBA skills, but not the level of Simmons...we'll just watch and see!

You're saying Simmons' skills are suitable for the WNBA but not for the Tennessee club? That's laughable. Not seeing anybody agree with you.

What did I say about Delle Donne? I said Chicago should pick her.

What did I say about Zoll, remember that?
IP IP Logged
Jet Jaguar66
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Jet Jaguar66 Replybullet Posted: 28Dec2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Sigur3

Simmons is not even close to Sims from Baylor. All Simmons is is a chucker. She never met a bad shot she didn't like. Schimmel is the same way. As one broadcaster put it, "Sometimes Shoni makes big plays for the opposing team". But I do think Shoni shows more of a willingness to pass and has a better overall skill set than Simmons. Simmons just plays at one speed. Fast. And that gets her in trouble more than not.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 28Dec2013 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Shades

Originally posted by T_Woodie

You're saying Simmons' skills are suitable for the WNBA but not for the Tennessee club? That's laughable. Not seeing anybody agree with you.

What did I say about Delle Donne? I said Chicago should pick her.

What did I say about Zoll, remember that?

No...that's what you think I said Shades...but get this...I have no time for child's play.

You're a legend in your own mind. So carry on.
IP IP Logged
vickilz

Quote vickilz Replybullet Posted: 15Jan2014 at 6:52am
I'm with ya T-Woodie Thumbs%20Up  I wouldn't mind seeing Simmons picked by the Sky.  I like her defense. She's fast and disruptive to the opponents offense.  Her defense creates offense. 

Simmons freshman year was her best year, that was the last season Pat truly ran the team. Her second season was the season of coaching by committee, her third season was Holly Warlick's first year as head coach. This year I think Holly is struggling to define her system and it shows in the way the team is playing this year.   I hope Pokey sees her potential.
A coach like Pokey can get Simmons on track, use her speed and reign in her shooting to be a quality WNBA player.

IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 19Jan2014 at 6:23pm
Simmons is absolutely one of the fastest players I have ever seen! Crazy fast.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version