Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Who should we draft? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 17 Next >>
UofD_Alum

Online Status: Offline
Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Topic: Who should we draft?
    Posted: 28Feb2014 at 8:21am
The draft is getting close. I was curious who everyone thinks we should draft? I think Pokey is looking at the best person available to backup our point guard or our power forward.   I like to hear your thoughts.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 28Feb2014 at 8:29am
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 28Feb2014 at 10:54pm
I will state my draft options once the free agency period begins and the Sky pick up some free agent players. Whatever positions they pick up in free agency will determine what players they should draft.

IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 01Mar2014 at 7:51am
My understanding is that Pokey wants to pick up the power forward in free agency. Obviously, they doesn't mean it will happen.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 01Mar2014 at 8:36am
I agree with you Swish. Who the Sky takes in free agency will determine who they draft. One name I would like to throw out there for Pokey to select in free agency is Julie Wojta.   She was drafted 18th last year by Phoenix and traded to Minnesota. She played for Green Bay Phoenix in college and lead them to 20th final national college ranking.

She is 6 ft tall, a 80% free throw shooter, an excellent 3pt shooter. I loved how she played during her final season at Green Bay. She played for Belgium and averaged 15 points and 11 rebounds per game.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 01Mar2014 at 8:38am
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 02Mar2014 at 2:33pm
I think you back up EDD with Jessica Breland at the 4 spot. Breland has exactly what Pokey needs, and It gives you versatility because we know EDD can play anywhere.

That would mean Warley or Campbell will have to go.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 10Mar2014 at 11:32am
I have read the Sky's "Draft Watch" and they name two people, Alyssa Thomas and Stefanie Dolson. Thomas will not be there at the 10th pick, Dolson could be. I am not a fan of Dolson at center. She is not a typical center in UConn's offense.   At forward, that gives me some pause. I have never seen Dolson drive to the basket so I do not know if she can learn the position. She could be a good bench forward but I think a risk.

I do not know Jessica Breland but a lot of people seem to like her. I do not have enough information to know who to select. I will leave it up to Pokey and her staff.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 10Mar2014 at 11:34am
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 10Mar2014 at 3:06pm
Howard is THE BEST OPTION for the Sky at the power forward position. She will NOT drop down to the #10 pick of the draft. If the Sky really want her then they will have to trade up to get her. Please share any trade options that will help us get Howard?
The other draft options that will be available at the #10 spot are not any great players. There are some guards and wing players out there that are okay, but none of them are top quality talent.
Free agency should be attacked with a vengeance by Sky management before the 2014 draft begins.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Mar2014 at 3:59pm
My read on Dolson is she's pretty much a career back up center that will be used to "bump and bruise". She will be too slow to be WNBA starting caliber. She'll also clog up the middle. She's a 10-15 mins per game player.

In the college game she was great...not so at the WNBA level.

If The Sky could have Alyssa Thomas fall to them...that's great...not likely though! She's gone in the first 5 picks.

If she's sitting there when the Sky picks at 10 I like Simmons...I think she's raised her stock and the Sky needs her shooting, defense, and speed.

Pokey likes good defenders too! I don't think she passes unless a good post player is available. (Like D Stallworth)

Edited by T_Woodie - 10Mar2014 at 4:08pm
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 10Mar2014 at 4:41pm
T Woodle You explained it much better than I did, Your reading of Dolson is right on. She is a backup center.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 10Mar2014 at 4:42pm
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 10Mar2014 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by UofD_Alum

T Woodle You explained it much better than I did, Your reading of Dolson is right on. She is a backup center.

Yep...I think Draftsite is crazy having Dolson as 3rd pick. She may not go until the 2nd round. I think they have too much "UConn" on the brain....LOL

If someone takes her in the 1st round they need to be fired.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version