Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Sloot contract Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
P51D

Online Status: Offline
Quote P51D Replybullet Topic: Sloot contract
    Posted: 27Jul2014 at 8:36am
Is there any news on a Contract renewal for Sloot? I thought it was up at the end of this fourth year.
Seattle Gonzaga fans are keeping rumors alive that the Storm "would take her in a heartbeat."(per Storm staff member)
Same rumor has Sue Bird retiring next year and that the Storm could use Sloot's additional ticket sales and assists.
Sloot continues mum on the subject and still "likes Chicago and the Sky".
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 27Jul2014 at 9:16am
No word that I have heard. I sure hope she stays in Chicago. We have watched her grow for 4 years and it would be a shame to lose her to another team after investing all of that coaching time in her. Plus we need her. If she had not gone down with injury we would not have lost so many games....everyone thinks its about EDD being gone but I think we could have held our own if Sloot had not gone down too. I hope she does not leave Chicago, we need her. 
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 27Jul2014 at 9:38am
Sloot has loyalty towards Pokey and the Sky. She was interviewed on local TV here in Spokane last year and expressed gratitude for Pokey's having given her the opportunity to play in the WNBA. Also referred to the Sky as her "second family". I can see her finishing her career with the Sky then going on the coaching staff at either Gonzaga or with Kelly Graves (her Zag coach) at Oregon. She has good tech. skills and the temperament for coaching.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 27Jul2014 at 10:53am
If I'm betting, I say Pokey gets her to stay.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 27Jul2014 at 11:24am
She will become a restricted free agent after this season. The Sky will match any offer that another team might offer her. Sloot's personality is not in the realm of Dupree,Charles, or Cappie to demand a trade to another team. The Sky should offer her a contract extension. They should offer her a four year deal. Good competent point guards are a rare breed in the WNBA.

IP IP Logged
TheTruthBelow

Quote TheTruthBelow Replybullet Posted: 30Jul2014 at 1:55pm
Lock her up!

I thought she and Pokey might have looked at doing a sign-and-trade if Faulkner kept performing well, but that hasn't happened.

I still do see Faulkner as the point guard of the future for this team because of her upside, but the Sky needs Sloot right now.
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 02Sep2014 at 8:39am
Is there any inside word on Sloot's Sky contract extension? Now that her knee appears to be OK without surgery Seattle fan gossip has a new life for the hometown gal. She is getting a lot of Seattle press since her recovery along with the playoffs. Sloot fits with the Sky and a healthy team makes for a good playoff future. Maybe Pokey is waiting until the season is over but her Sky signing would calm the water and beat out a bidding contest. Word is that Sloot still won't talk about a move at all.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 02Sep2014 at 9:07am
She is the toughest 145 lbs in the WNBA. Love her play and her attitude. She has grown over last years ability. And, all I was reading from last years play was she had finally grown into a point guard. A "good point guard" is a hard position to play. Ask Diggins. We need her, not just for her play at point guard but for her attitude. Chicago is growing into a "team". She is part of the reason they are a "team". Love her play, Pokey has to sign her after the season is over.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 02Sep2014 at 4:04pm
This is a quote from Vandersloot in a interview with SB Nation.

"This is the first time we've all been together," Vandersloot said about her team overcoming a 14-point deficit in the first half. "It finally feels like such a unit out there that no matter what happens we still have each other, we still have us and we're still going to fight. We know that we have the talent on this roster to come back from anything."

http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/9/2/6095517/sky-vs-fever-game-2-wnba-playoffs-2014-courtney-vandersloot

That is a floor leader. The kind of leader I would want to direct my team.

Edited by UofD_Alum - 02Sep2014 at 4:06pm
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 25Sep2014 at 6:08pm
Is there any local news about Pokey having signed SLOOT to a contract extension? SLOOT is in Seattle working out for a week with Chris Hyppa like she has the last3 years during the off season. She leaves for Poland Saturday and I hope the Contract extension is a done deal.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version