Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Sloot contract Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2014 at 5:06pm
It's pretty quiet so far when it comes to Soots contract. I can only think of one reason things are so silent.

I'd like to see The Sky keep Sloot, but let's face it, Faulkner has made things a bit more interesting.

We wait...
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 17Dec2014 at 5:36pm
To win championships you need people that have the most experience. Faulkner does not have the experience to be the lead point guard on a team. I will go to bed tonight and chew on my pillow to get me to sleep tonight. Pokey please sign Sloot.
IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 21Dec2014 at 10:11pm
Pokey calls Sloot " pound for pound the toughest player on the team". I'm not worried. Cannot imagine her not getting signed.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 29Dec2014 at 12:41pm
Keeping Sloot is the smart thing to do. However, the question is can The Sky keep her?

Does Sloot want to go to Washington...and does Seattle want Sloot? Bird and Sloot would be and awesome combination there.

Those are the unknowns...money is an issue too!

Won't Sloot be UFA? Can a team offer money The Sky is not willing to pay?

This is why I say Faulkner has made it interesting. Pokey is not "up a creek without a paddle" since she has Faulkner.

The point is...if it becomes a bidding war what happens?

Edited by T_Woodie - 29Dec2014 at 12:42pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
TheTruthBelow

Quote TheTruthBelow Replybullet Posted: 03Jan2015 at 10:45am
Sloot is a Restricted Free Agent. My guess is she will get a three-year max (or close to it) deal from the Sky.

If you look around the league, the only team I can see making a strong play for Sloot is Seattle, and there she would still sit behind Bird. Why would Sloot be interested in that?

As to why she hasn't been signed yet, teams are not allowed to sign anyone until a certain date. I don't know what it is, but it's coming up soon.

Edited by TheTruthBelow - 03Jan2015 at 10:52am
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 03Jan2015 at 1:10pm
Sue Bird's contract with the Storm will be up at the end of this year (2015) She is 35 and voiced this past year that she wanted to "slow down". She has signed a contract with ESPN to provide color commentary for women's college games. Tanisha Wright's, the other Storm guard, contract is also up this year. She has said to have bad knees, a home in N. Carolina and business connections there as well. Sloot's having set new Sky assist records 3 of the past 4 years as well as single game record has got to be a factor for the Storm. WNBA allows negotiation to start March 16th. with signing to start March 20th.I don't see the Storm out-bidding the Sky for Sloot but can see them trying a bid sheet with her.
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 03Jan2015 at 2:42pm
Nice information, thanks P51D
IP IP Logged
TheTruthBelow

Quote TheTruthBelow Replybullet Posted: 03Jan2015 at 2:55pm
Bird is 34, and from what I remember she was speaking specifically about playing overseas in reference to slowing down, and even then she said she would go if the right offer came.

I think she plays for three to five more years. Her play is a product of skill and smarts, not athleticism. And no matter what, Seattle won't ask the face of its franchise to step aside before she is ready to.

Edited by TheTruthBelow - 03Jan2015 at 3:05pm
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 04Jan2015 at 1:54am
Sue Bird has had four surgeries in the past six years with the last two on a hip and a knee. She will be 35 at the end of her present contract (Oct.'15) She will call her own shots about leaving but I don't see another three to five more years. Any try for Sloot would have to be with Bird's OK. Pokey and Sloot seem a good fit with their "pass 1st and shoot second" game plan so by April 1st.there won't be anymore "what ifs" to speculate about.
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version