Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Sky @ Fever ECF/ Game 3 Thread Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
wnbarocks

Online Status: Offline
Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2014 at 10:27am
So excited to be in Indy last night for the game. The players told us after that they could hear us cheering.

And so thrilled after all these years to finally make the Finals. And happiest for Big Syl who has waited so long.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2014 at 7:11pm
Congratulations Chicago Sky! You are the Eastern Conference champions of 2014. You earned it the hard way by winning two close out games on the road.

Now a special love note to Fowles and Young. These two ladies have been in the WNBA for a long time. They deserve extra praise for their hard work and perseverance with the losing seasons the Sky have had for a long time. I love both of you ladies very much!

I just want to tell all the Sky team to play as hard as they can in the WNBA Finals. You know that this IS your moment.

IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2014 at 7:59pm
Still enjoying the win and knowing we have that Eastern Conference Champions trophy and will finally have a banner of our own (I think) hanging from the rafters of the Allstate Arena next year....

It wasn't just a win, it was a win over Indiana - all the better!

I keep thinking about how important that rebound T.Young made with one second left and put it int he basket to take game 2 into overtime. That was a pivotal moment for us....
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
BBussan

Quote BBussan Replybullet Posted: 04Sep2014 at 10:44pm
Wow, just now able to comment. We are diehard fans since the 1st season and I am so happy for the ladies and for all of us loyal fans!!! So good to see the Sky step up the defense and really pressure indie. We've endured a lot of tough situations through the years with a lot of not nice to nasty comments on this and other message boards. But I think they have met the challenges and improved individually and together.

Personally, I have been a cynic of tamera. Her limited minutes last year in the playoffs were unimpressive. All season this year she has been demonstrating better defense, and in the playoffs, wow she steeped up and didn't get rattled and really got in the heads and under the skin of the best player of the other team.

I'd like to give EP a shout out as well. She may have missed and/or taken some ill advised shots, but I thought she set the tone on defense early on in games 2&3. ( maybe game 1, but didn't get to see.). She got a ton of deflections a couple of steals and rotated to defend prevent the pass to the open 3 point shooter that was absolutely absent last year. No one gives her credit and some even criticize her defense, but I think she took them out of their offensive schemes early on as evidenced by 4 indie TOs to start the game. It made the fever very tentative with their passing after that.

Of course I could go on and give shout-outs to all the others Sky players cuzthey all deserve it, but wanted to make sure EP and a Tyoung got their due.

Go Sky!!!
To the 2013 Eastern Conference Champion Sky
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 05Sep2014 at 11:40am

AIN'T THAT "PURTY"... LOL  Thumbs%20Up  Cool
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version