Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Let's talk About The WNBA Finals Mattchups... Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
T_Woodie

Online Status: Offline
Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2014 at 4:39pm
Swish, you sound like you're already reserved that Phoenix will win.

The Sky SHOULD NOT be happy to be in this position! They got here because they met every challenge. Granted Phoenix has good shooters...but so does The Sky. We know EP has had a rough year...but we also KNOW what EP can do outside and inside...she's a key player in this series!

All The Sky has to do is rise to the challenge against Phoenix. The West doesn't play anywhere near the defense the East does.

Phoenix has better leadership with Taurasi...she's "been there and done that". However EP played with Taurasi, and she knows her well. I think EP will defend her from the start.

When it come to Dupree....she'll have her hands full *if* EDD is 100%, Dupree won't be enough.

Edited by T_Woodie - 06Sep2014 at 4:40pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2014 at 7:32pm
This is what EDD thinks about it:

IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2014 at 8:03pm
TWoodie, the Sky have proven that they are the best in the East. This year they lost four games to the Lynx and the Mercury. They have to show me that they are in it to win it by winning one game in Phoenix during the first two games of the series.

Like I said in my earlier post, the Sky must make shots to beat Phoenix. They are not playing against the Indiana Bricklayers. I do want the Sky to win the series but I will not be heartbroken if they lose either. This series will be a great learning experience for both the players and the coaching staff.

Win or lose the Sky franchise will learn the effort, team work, skill sets, strategy, and tactics that a WNBA champion needs to posses.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 06Sep2014 at 8:25pm
Come on Swish, They played Phoenix without EDD and Sloot BOTH TIMES.

They played Minny without Big Syl and EP the first time and they took them to the wire at Minny.

Keep some perspective bro.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2014 at 12:00am
My perspective is the fact that EDD has a bad back,Breland has a bad shoulder, Sloot has a bad knee, and Prince can not throw the ball into Lake Michigan if she was standing knee deep in the water.

IP IP Logged
wnbarocks

Quote wnbarocks Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2014 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Swish

Food for thought. The first time Candice Dupree makes it to the WNBA Finals she has to play the team that she left, the Chicago Sky in their first WNBA Finals. Things that make you go hmmmmn!

And play at her despised UIC Pavilion!
IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2014 at 8:00am
[QUOTE=Swish] My perspective is the fact that EDD has a bad back,Breland has a bad shoulder, Sloot has a bad knee, and Prince can not throw the ball into Lake Michigan if she was standing knee deep in the water.

T-Woodie don't waste fact and logic on "The Swish" who appears to revel on the negative reasons for the Sky to lose.
The Swish also says, "win or lose have fun" when there isn't a player on that team that thinks any loss can be fun.
Another "Swishism" was they should, "learn the effort, team work, skill sets, strategy and tactics that a WNBA champion posses" while talking about a group of players that have won every NCAA award there is, work 24/7 to apply these exact traits and wouldn't even be in the WNBA without them.
These comments really make me want to go-"Hmmmmmmmmm."
Keep on keeping on TW, I like reading the positive and qualified reasons you have used all season to support the SKY.

Edited by P51D - 07Sep2014 at 8:29am
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2014 at 10:37am

My perspective is the fact that EDD has a bad back,Breland has a bad shoulder, Sloot has a bad knee, and Prince can not throw the ball into Lake Michigan if she was standing knee deep in the water.

As has been said many times Swish....

THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!

I don't know what your mindset is...BUT...our ladies are NOT going to Phoenix just to show up.

Sloot doesn't have a bad knee...and while EDD may have had a bad back for 2 games...this is 4days later.

As for EP...we know she can EXPLODE anytime, last game she didn't shoot well but still scored 11.

This stage is a stage where true champions RISE!!!

IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2014 at 1:10pm
I bring objective analysis to this thread and people treat it like I am being negative. Okay. I will play the insanely homer card and say the Sky will win this series in four games. Two games by blow outs! Bank it!

IP IP Logged
P51D

Quote P51D Replybullet Posted: 07Sep2014 at 1:43pm

I bring objective analysis to this thread and people treat it like I am being negative. Okay. I will play the insanely homer card and say the Sky will win this series in four games. Two games by blow outs! Bank it!

Swish-On 7-1 you wrote "The Sky should think about tanking this season and reboot for next year          '

On 7-29 after the Silver Stars game you wrote "Find a Fork someone because the 2014 Chicago Sky is DONE."

Where is the "objective analysis" in your comment "Prince couldn't throw the ball into Lake Michigan if she were standing knee deep in water.?"

These are your words and it appears you have to live with them negative or not but it is a real stretch to get them to "objective".

Edited by P51D - 07Sep2014 at 1:46pm
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version