Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Sky @ Mercury 9/9 Game 2 WNBA Finals Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Swish

Online Status: Offline
Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 09Sep2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by idchafee

The West is just better this year. There's 3 teams in the West that would have beaten anyone that came out of the East. Atlanta or Indiana or anyone from the East would not have looked any better than the Sky have.

Only the Lynx and the Mercury were the dominant teams this season. The rest of the Western Conference is not that good. The Dream, the Fever, and the Sky would defeat any of the other Western Conference teams in a Five game series. Heck, the three Eastern Conference teams that I just mentioned would give the Lynx a run for their money. The Lynx post players were not that good this year.

IP IP Logged
idchafee
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote idchafee Replybullet Posted: 10Sep2014 at 6:49am
You don't think LA or San Antonio would beat CHI/ATL/IND in a 5 game series more often than not? I do. And I think Minnesota would beat them at least 7 times out of 10.
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 10Sep2014 at 8:35am
Indy and Chicago were injured for most of the season so using the regular season as measure as to how good they were against the Western Conference teams is not really accurate. Atlanta was healthy for most of the season. They played very competitive games against all the Western Conference teams. They were not dominated at all.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 12Sep2014 at 3:11pm
I haven't had the chance to get on and say much about game 2 but if you read the "Notes and Quotes" Pokey gave, it's pretty spot on.

The Mercury runs a motion offense, and The Sky has to always be alert on defense. First they have to get back on defense! Don't relax after you score or the ball is coming back off the rebound...HUSTLE back.

The Sky offense needs more motion also, even though they run a half court offense. Of course they have to shoot better too! The Mercury was comfortable at home...now our ladies need to step up in their house and shoot well.

I will also say lessen the double teams on defense because The Mercury knows where to go with the ball, so to double, is to play into what they want.
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version