Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: Finals Game 3 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
skyguy44

Online Status: Offline
Quote skyguy44 Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 7:05pm
Maven,

I couldn't agree with you more. I give the Sky credit for making the very best of that situation. It showed me that we have outgrown that rinky dink operation at UIC.

Again, it was the best port in the storm, and in a week, the Sky made it loud and exciting.

The crowd was great last night. This team is beginning to make some noise in this city.
IP IP Logged
Richard77

Quote Richard77 Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 11:16pm
Sorry I'm late to the party. Spent the day recuperating from the trip to the game and back. Twenty-seven and a half hours with no sleep, a nine hour round trip road trip, three taxi rides and four bus routes takes a toll on a body...

Of the three games in the championship series, this one was the most fun to watch (regardless that I missed watching game 2). That, along with the fact it was the only game I saw in person all season made it more special. Had to change seats though, I spent the first half trying to watch the game past one of the tunnel railings and past the signs the Sky kids were holding up to rally the crowd. For the most part, I spent the game being neutral as I really didn't care who won. If the Sky had, I would have missed game 4 anyways, and with the Mercury win, I was able to be present at the championship trophy presentation, which I observed carefully, so I can incorporate the experience into "Three Baby Threat", the third book in The Baby Ballers series.

If the status quo holds, I expect to see the Merc and the Sky in next year's finals. If so, I would expect Phoenix to win back-to-back trophies. It would all depend on Sylvia's health and a couple of new players in the Sky rotation, perhaps the next rookie to join them on the squad. Following that, I do not expect to see Phoenix in the finals for 2016. I think age will catch up to them and they will falter somewhat in the 2016 season and go through a rebuilding stage in 2017. But that's just random thoughts.

Got to the Pavilion around 3:30 in the afternoon. Just as I walked off the ramp, I saw the Mercury players and staff coming off the chartered bus. If I had just gotten off the ramp a minute sooner, I could have met them all including Ann Drysdale, and could have spoken to her to ask if she got the copy of Janie I sent her. But I just missed them. While waiting for the doors to open, up came Pam Bass, Mistie's mother, with a couple of others with her. She chatted with some of the fans and handed out a few enlargements to people waiting in line. She ran out of photos before I could ask for one.

Overall, it was a great and tiring experience, but I'll do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully the Allstate won't be booked next year to accommodate the WNBA, but, as I experienced in my trip, sh*t happens. I really look forward to a Sky-Lynx series. I'll make plans to attend every ballgame in the championship series.

Congrats to the Mercury on winning the 2014 WNBA Championship, and congrats to Diana for achieving the Most Valuable Player award for the series.

And a special congrats goes out to my team, the Chicago Sky, their players, coaches, management and fans. You made this season a remarkable one to remember.

And it was really great to see some of my friends finally after all this time. I miss each and every one of you.
Your dreams will never come true without your effort to make them come true. - Janie Meyer, Janie and the Basketball.
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 12Oct2014 at 12:22pm
I though I'd post this article from Swish Appeal on "What's next for the Chicago Sky after losing the 2014 WNBA Finals?"

I'm sure some of you have read it. it's good insight:

http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/9/15/6151035/wnba-finals-2014-chicago-sky-offensive-rebounding
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Lavender, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 14Oct2014 at 8:41am
I liked the article T_Woodle.   I have always said the one part of EDD's game I do not like is I do not see her play mean. By that I am saying to rebound you have to want to rebound. She needs to have emotion to rebound. I want to see her get mean and get physical under the basket. I believe she has the ability within her to be a great rebounder.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version