Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: End of 2014 season Post Reply Post New Topic
P51D

Online Status: Offline
Quote P51D Replybullet Topic: End of 2014 season
    Posted: 13Sep2014 at 8:42am
My thanks to all of you loyal Sky fans for your insight and participation on the Message Board. It has allowed me to follow THE SLOOT from here in Spokane and be on the inside of the Sky family. As an ex NCAA BB official I had no interest in being a fan after I retired. That was until I moved to Gonzaga Country and started following SLOOT and the Zag women's team. I now am hooked on the SKY, due primarily to all of you here on the Board. I want to thank T WOODIE for all the effort he puts in with his dedication to following the SKY. He gives excellent in-put and qualified comments throughout the season. He should be sitting on the bench with Pokey!
I now have to find an English speaking web site in Krakow Poland in order to follow SLOOT and QUIG over seas. Thanks again Sky posters. See you next year (unless the Seattle Storm steals SLOOT from the Sky)

Edited by P51D - 13Sep2014 at 9:44am
I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BUT THEN WE'D BOTH BE WRONG
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 11:32am
Seconded. It's great talking basketball with you all.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 11:42am
A nice goodbye P51D. It was a frustrating season but is a hopeful season and a season that tells me I cannot wait until next year. See everyone next year.
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 2:42pm
I am sort of listless today....I have been so focused on the Sky since the season started its like my anchor is gone. I may actually have to use our Cubs season ticket and go to a game...imagine. I sort of forgot about the Cubs during the Sky season but it does not look like I missed much.

Yes thanks to T. Woodie for keeping this message board alive (we need you on Twitter) and for all of you for your comments and insights. I really think this team has an amazing future ahead. Pokey will makes some adjustments and it will be interesting to see what players end up on the team next year.

Can't wait for the new season to start! Gotta get through ski season first....change focus. Oh yeah, and a few final Cubs games too.

The Maven Heart
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 2:49pm
Oh and if you have not seen this ESPNW.com article about the Sky it is worth reading, I think she has good insight into the Sky, the history and the challenges the organization has faced and is still facing:

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/11516551/sky-fighting-win-chicago

Heart

Edited by Sec113Maven - 13Sep2014 at 2:50pm
Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 13Sep2014 at 8:10pm
Thanks for the link and the props Maven! I look forward to a great 2015 season.

P51D, your support is much appreciated...I know you want Sloot to come home...but The Sky needs her...

*EDD will get stronger.

*If Syl learned anything from the matchup with Griner, it's that she needs a more versatile game. Work on the "jump hook" and develop a 10 -15' perimeter shot. She needs to see video of Akeem Olajawon.

EP...she's my fave. I hope she can rest mind, soul, and body...right now the game looks like it's a chore for her.

Sloot...the first thing is to get her to stay in Chicago.

Edited by T_Woodie - 13Sep2014 at 8:14pm
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version