Return to www.chicagosky.net.

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Chicago Sky 2014 (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Chicago Sky TalkSky Team TalkChicago Sky 2014
Message Icon Topic: USA Team Post Reply Post New Topic
UofD_Alum

Online Status: Offline
Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Topic: USA Team
    Posted: 18Sep2014 at 10:35am
Not sure how everyone feels about the USA team but I am upset

ESPN rated Chicago as the 3rd best team in the WNBA. Nobody from the team is on the USA team. I do not have a word for it but Unbelievable. Until I hear more details about Sylvia and EDD I understand. But why wasn't Vandersloot selected.    I have steam coming out of the top of my head.

I know Sylvia and EDD were asked to play in the finals and they did. I know both of them were not concerned about there body. They wanted to win. I know that Sylvia informed the committee she could not play. That was reported by news services. I did not hear EDD say publicly she could not play on the USA team. I hope the USA committee and EDD agreed mutually that she could not play.

My other issue is if EDD was told she was not going to be selected for the final USA team then I have a problem. How much influence did Geno have on this decision. Should Dolson and B. Stewart be on the team. Are they not a former Uconn player and a present Uconn player.

I am mad.
IP IP Logged
UofD_Alum

Quote UofD_Alum Replybullet Posted: 18Sep2014 at 1:36pm
As of this minute Vandersloot was told Saturday that she would not be selected for the USA team. Essentially she was told she could not compete for a position on the team because she was playing in the finals.

UNBELIEVABLE!!

Chicago Tribune is reporting that EDD was consistently saying she wanted to play for the USA Team.   (Her last two games in the finals you could tell her back was getting better)

Edited by UofD_Alum - 18Sep2014 at 1:38pm
IP IP Logged
Swish

Quote Swish Replybullet Posted: 18Sep2014 at 6:49pm
If Fowles, EDD, and Sloot are nursing injuries then I would prefer that they rest and heal their bodies. The USA can send there third best team to the Worlds and still win the championship. No big deal.

IP IP Logged
T_Woodie

Quote T_Woodie Replybullet Posted: 18Sep2014 at 8:35pm
On this...I would side with Syl and EDD. SYl has already played with team USA and won.

When it comes to EDD...we have to wait. However I think having been swept in the finals left a bad taste in her mouth. Furthermore, the Lymes disease costed her a lot of games, and the back had her not at her best in the finals.

I'm thinking with the talent team USA has, EDD may very well have opted out.

Edited by T_Woodie - 19Sep2014 at 6:34am
The "BIG 5" Sloot, Quigley, DeShields, Parker, and Dolson
IP IP Logged
Sec113Maven

Quote Sec113Maven Replybullet Posted: 22Sep2014 at 5:17pm
I have to say Team USA seems to have a lot of UConn veterans on it.....

.....just saying.....

Sec113Maven
IP IP Logged
Sigur3

Quote Sigur3 Replybullet Posted: 23Sep2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Sec113Maven

I have to say Team USA seems to have a lot of UConn veterans on it.....

.....just saying.....

Nothing new there.  Remember when the 2012 Olympic team was rounded out with Swin Cash (LOL) and Ashja Jones?

And guys...Sylvia and EDD are clearly not healthy.  They would both be shoo-ins if they were.  After the season Elena just went through, do you really want her to keep playing with almost zero rest?  Look at the exhibition schedule, players like Taurasi and Dupree are playing fatigued and they didn't have to play through back injuries or lose out on a significant amount of conditioning because of Lyme disease.  There may be a couple of political-oriented moves on this roster, but they ain't one of them.

Edited by Sigur3 - 23Sep2014 at 6:26pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version